Remaining free agents

Just now, reesebobby said:

It does seem like a long time ago that Reid secretly took over play calling during the playoff game and everyone was pissed afterward.  Now he's a genius.  And rightfully so.  His offenses for a couple years have been pretty special.  But it takes players to make it work.  

Yeah like WRs and a QB who pushes the ball down field too

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

It does seem like a long time ago that Reid secretly took over play calling during the playoff game and everyone was pissed afterward.  Now he's a genius.  And rightfully so.  His offenses for a couple years have been pretty special.  But it takes players to make it work.  

He didnt take over the playcalling.  Nagy confirmed that after he left.  And look who the QB was. 

Nobody said you don't have to have skill players.  Stop putting words in people's mouths.  But I've also seen Mahomes perform very well in college with shit at the skill positions.

As long as Mahomes is healthy and has something to work with we'll be fine on offense.

37 minutes ago, xen said:

He didnt take over the playcalling.  Nagy confirmed that after he left.  And look who the QB was. 

Nobody said you don't have to have skill players.  Stop putting words in people's mouths.  But I've also seen Mahomes perform very well in college with shit at the skill positions.

As long as Mahomes is healthy and has something to work with we'll be fine on offense.

While true, I just dont see this squad losing to bad teams 3 in a row like the Smith led 2017 team did to the giants, bills and jets.

I mean they scored just 10 and 9 points against the jets and giants. Hopefully we dont see that futility like that any more.

There will be bad days but i feel much better, as i think we all do, with Mahomes ability to score whem needed.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

I agree that mahomes is the straw that stirs the drink. We have seen him do well with Wilson and Robinson. And I don’t think kelce goes down and suddenly we suck.  I just don’t think it’s just a minor deal that is corrected with 5 receiver sets.  Losing Kelce or hill is huge to this offense.  And it’s magnified because we do not have much else at the TE position currently. 

21 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I agree that mahomes is the straw that stirs the drink. We have seen him do well with Wilson and Robinson. And I don’t think kelce goes down and suddenly we suck.  I just don’t think it’s just a minor deal that is corrected with 5 receiver sets.  Losing Kelce or hill is huge to this offense.  And it’s magnified because we do not have much else at the TE position currently. 

Sure it'd be different.  Every team would be different if they lost their 2 best non QB skill players.  Some would tank, but I don't think we would.  

4 minutes ago, xen said:

Sure it'd be different.  Every team would be different if they lost their 2 best non QB skill players.  Some would tank, but I don't think we would.  

I don't think the offense would "tank" either.  But this is a team that gave up 27 points or more 9 times last year.  You wouldn't have to completely tank to have it be a problem.  Take away Kelce from last years team and we probably don't win the division even.  Almost certainly not HFA.  He had huge games in close wins over the Steelers, Broncos and Ravens. Lose two of those and we are a 10-6 wild card team.   

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/07/24/kansas-city-chiefs-now-entrenched-conversations-contender/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

Pretty awesome we are one of those teams now that FA will want to come to and have a chance at a ring plus play with Mahomes etc

Waiting for the CB that wants to play for a contender. 

On 7/20/2019 at 1:47 PM, xen said:

Yep. And play calling wasn’t the issue anyway in that game. What few possessions we did have we ran a lot of RPO stuff where Alex opted to take conservative runs or short passes over hanging in the pocket and beating solo coverage downfield.  This QB just has a different mentality.  

46 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Waiting for the CB that wants to play for a contender. 

I guess from a compensation perspective trading for a player in late October would likely cost less but provide just as much when it matters for us at some positions including corner.   I think Veach really likes to trade for the younger guys in August though and then maybe see how they develop or injury situation before seriously considering a veteran mid season move. 

On 7/28/2019 at 8:16 AM, xen said:

Ugh Nkemdiche is a total horror show.  

If you felt he could shape it up here, it could be a decent pick up to rehab his stock under Daly and trade.

Did have 4.5 sacks in his lone year of being in a 4-3 in Arizona, on a sad sack of a Defense.

Archived