NFL decides not to discipline Tyreek Hill

JFC, schematics..... some will argue over anything. I understand all sides, time to move on. Hill got off lucky, imo, because I was expecting 4 games with an appeal down to 2 possibly. They seal records for DHS and such, there was evidence given from other stuff though I am sure like the text messages, full audio, dates and such to the NFL when they all met. So based off all this they decided no suspension pending no more further news/evidence coming out.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

9 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

Then say, The NFL decided not to suspend Hill for lack of evidence that he did anything wrong. 

Because the records are sealed, no one knows what is in there thereby render your argument ''lack of evidence" infactual.

8 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I do actually have to take Hands' side here...I understand what he is saying, it doesn't necessarily imply that there would be discipline if the evidence was unsealed.  It's saying, "the only potential evidence is sealed and ultimately we can't make a determination."

On the other hand...Hands consistently pointed out that the NFL didn't need evidence, the optics were bad enough, etc., and that didn't bear out in this case.  I think this probably shows that Goodell is more scared of the NFLPA than he has been in the past (ahead of labor negotiations), and/or that they truly felt that what evidence they had didn't merit a suspension.

I agree- I think the looming CBA negotiations had more of an impact than we will ever know.

7 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I have a Bruce Lee and you will respect my authoritah!

Yeah, ok

6 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Here's the thing.   Whether guilty or innocent he carries the scarlet letter around the rest of his life.  My advice is put as much distance between you and your girlfriend as you possibly can

I have and as have others, if he doesn't then he is the dumbass. Actually he still is because he went back to her after the 2014 incident.

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

JFC, schematics..... some will argue over anything. I understand all sides, time to move on. Hill got off lucky, imo, because I was expecting 4 games with an appeal down to 2 possibly. They seal records for DHS and such, there was evidence given from other stuff though I am sure like the text messages, full audio, dates and such to the NFL when they all met. So based off all this they decided no suspension pending no more further news/evidence coming out.

You mean "semantics"?

JFC🤣

8 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

We will never know unless he does something to re-open this entire saga

Just now, Handswarmer said:

You mean "semantics"?

JFC🤣

yes, auto correct on phones. Semantics. Though if you go by the blue print of the schematics of what I was saying, you would have understood it. Hell I am not even going to go back in and edit that because it is funny.

But I can also see a scenario that Roger just opened in his declination to impose judgement:

No suspension= Hill can play

Hill can play= Hill can sign extension

a- Chiefs go all in and sign him for $19-20 mill per season, $95-$100 mill total value, $80 mill guaranteed.

b- still gotta sign Mahomes. Thats going to be a $40- 45 million a year cap number

c- Roger might ot have done the Chiefs any favors here....

6 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

But I can also see a scenario that Roger just opened in his declination to impose judgement:

a- Chiefs go all in and sign him for $19-20 mill per season, $95-$100 mill total value, $80 mill guaranteed.

b- still gotta sign Mahomes. Thats going to be a $40- 45 million a year cap number

I think this whole scenario has to devalue Tyreek just a little bit.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

One would think so but two things the Chiefs have to factor in here:

-Lost a Pro Bowl talent RB (Hunt) and potential competitor snapped him up for the cheap.

pretty sure the Chiefs don't want that to happen so they over pay now.

-Chiefs low ball him and Hill says "F- ya'll, I was innocent then now and forever" so I will test the market to see who 'appreciates me"

2 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

He is devalued. He will get a solid contract but it will not be a game changer for WRs by any means. I can see the Chiefs giving themselves out clauses to it too like they did with Bowe. Hill has this hanging over him, even if nothing else ever happens.  I can see 16 million per year, 5 years at 80 with 45 guaranteed. Not the highest by any means but puts him in the top 5 to 7 range easily. He has to know this cost him millions and understand why as does his agent.

15 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

I love Mahomes but we will have to wait and see the new CBA. I mean 40 million is huge let alone 45. The contracts have to start reeling back in some day. 1 player making damn near 25% of the teams salary cap is silly. I know, it is what drives the league etc but holy hell to take up 1/4 of the cap and still try to put players around him? Something has to be said about this in the CBA i am guessing. Other players/positions will want to be paid too.

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Maybe KC can trade Hardman for a #2 pick or a really good corner?

lol, no. Put him or Watkins in the slot and let this team fly. He gets the year to learn and makes Watkins expendable next year. Then you have 2 young, fast WRs and can go get the possession type next year in FA to replace Watkins. We are set for the long haul going forward.

40 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I do actually have to take Hands' side here...I understand what he is saying, it doesn't necessarily imply that there would be discipline if the evidence was unsealed.  It's saying, "the only potential evidence is sealed and ultimately we can't make a determination."

On the other hand...Hands consistently pointed out that the NFL didn't need evidence, the optics were bad enough, etc., and that didn't bear out in this case.  I think this probably shows that Goodell is more scared of the NFLPA than he has been in the past (ahead of labor negotiations), and/or that they truly felt that what evidence they had didn't merit a suspension.

I had heard on one of the afternoon sports shows that there was the possibility that goodell would not issue a suspension because of how the NFLPA would react and because they are so close to having another work stoppage and he may not survive all of that. so he is trying to protect his own ass, i wonder if kareem hunt will appeal his suspension now to get it cancelled or reduced

39 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

"In conducting our investigation, we have taken great care to ensure that we do not interfere with the county's proceedings or compromise the privacy or welfare of the child in any way. The information developed in the court proceeding is confidential and has not been shared with us, and the court has sealed all law enforcement records. Local law enforcement authorities have publicly advised that the available evidence does not permit them to determine who caused the child's injuries.

I know you want this to mean that you think he should be suspended but the NFL can't see the evidence.  Instead you should look at it as "The police and investigators have done their job and determined that Hill is not guilty.  We are not going to let the NFL go rogue and do whatever they want and supersede  the law as they have with countless players over the years due to optics that are out of their control."

Look... HATE the Cowboys....I HATE Ben Roethlisberger.  But at the end of the day, the NFL should not be punishing them for bad optics when police, investigators, and a court of law has determined no guilt.  Would you appreciate it if you lost your job because a woman falsely accused you of rape, no charges were filed, but your job fired you for bad optics?   

I'm just saying that i'm not coming from a place of homerism, but if the person isn't charged/found guilty, then no punishment should be warranted.  Sure, the court of public opinion may disagree that he truly is innocent, but they aren't the law, and neither is the NFL.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I love Mahomes but we will have to wait and see the new CBA. I mean 40 million is huge let alone 45. The contracts have to start reeling back in some day. 1 player making damn near 25% of the teams salary cap is silly. I know, it is what drives the league etc but holy hell to take up 1/4 of the cap and still try to put players around him? Something has to be said about this in the CBA i am guessing. Other players/positions will want to be paid too.

Looking at Russel Wilson, he is avg $35 mill per year...which already 33.39% of his teams cap.

Mahomes winning the MVP only drove the price up...

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

lol, no. Put him or Watkins in the slot and let this team fly. He gets the year to learn and makes Watkins expendable next year. Then you have 2 young, fast WRs and can go get the possession type next year in FA to replace Watkins. We are set for the long haul going forward.

I wonder if it's possible that Tyreek could see some snaps at tailback.  Beyond the jet sweep. 

Just now, WichitaZRide said:

Look... HATE the Cowboys....I HATE Ben Roethlisberger.  But at the end of the day, the NFL should not be punishing them for bad optics when police, investigators, and a court of law has determined no guilt.  Would you appreciate it if you lost your job because a woman falsely accused you of rape, no charges were filed, but your job fired you for bad optics?   

I'm just saying that i'm not coming from a place of homerism, but if the person isn't charged/found guilty, then no punishment should be warranted.  Sure, the court of public opinion may disagree that he truly is innocent, but they aren't the law, and neither is the NFL.

I agree with all of this.

1 minute ago, KC Warpaint said:

i wonder if kareem hunt will appeal his suspension now to get it cancelled or reduced

No way that happens...situation is different because of the video evidence, plus I don't know the rules but I can imagine he may have already lost his window to appeal?

11 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

One would think so but two things the Chiefs have to factor in here:

-Lost a Pro Bowl talent RB (Hunt) and potential competitor snapped him up for the cheap.

pretty sure the Chiefs don't want that to happen so they over pay now.

-Chiefs low ball him and Hill says "F- ya'll, I was innocent then now and forever" so I will test the market to see who 'appreciates me"

next man up..can't hold the team hostage for one player...if i am hill i keep my head down, mouth shut and go to work and ball out

they still have to figure out what to do about Jones contract and PM is warming up in the Bullpen

2 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Looking at Russel Wilson, he is avg $35 mill per year...which already 33.39% of his teams cap.

Mahomes winning the MVP only drove the price up...

Not disagreeing with you but also look on how Seattle is having issues now on getting a team around him. Hopefully Mahomes wont ask for the yearly amount but we give him a guaranteed amount more than what anyone has seen so far. HE wants to win and I can see him getting more than enough from sport deals, etc to giving a home team deal. I can wish at least.

1 minute ago, Adamixoye said:

No way that happens...situation is different because of the video evidence, plus I don't know the rules but I can imagine he may have already lost his window to appeal?

He already accepted the punishment. There is no going back

Archived