NFL decides not to discipline Tyreek Hill

1 minute ago, WichitaZRide said:

I know you want this to mean that you think he should be suspended but the NFL can't see the evidence.  Instead you should look at it as "The police and investigators have done their job and determined that Hill is not guilty.  We are not going to let the NFL go rogue and do whatever they want and supersede  the law as they have with countless players over the years due to optics that are out of their control."

Look... HATE the Cowboys....I HATE Ben Roethlisberger.  But at the end of the day, the NFL should not be punishing them for bad optics when police, investigators, and a court of law has determined no guilt.  Would you appreciate it if you lost your job because a woman falsely accused you of rape, no charges were filed, but your job fired you for bad optics?   

I'm just saying that i'm not coming from a place of homerism, but if the person isn't charged/found guilty, then no punishment should be warranted.  Sure, the court of public opinion may disagree that he truly is innocent, but they aren't the law, and neither is the NFL.

How you get that out of what I wrote is beyond me.

Ben absolutely had a history of poor/bad behavior....many other instances were reported but the women never pressed charges because they were intoxicated, embarrassed or paid off...

See Elliot, Ezekhial

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Not disagreeing with you but also look on how Seattle is having issues now on getting a team around him. Hopefully Mahomes wont ask for the yearly amount but we give him a guaranteed amount more than what anyone has seen so far. HE wants to win and I can see him getting more than enough from sport deals, etc to giving a home team deal. I can wish at least.

Not saying you were- just establishing what is out there. It happens alot when the QB is dynamic.

2 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Not disagreeing with you but also look on how Seattle is having issues now on getting a team around him. Hopefully Mahomes wont ask for the yearly amount but we give him a guaranteed amount more than what anyone has seen so far. HE wants to win and I can see him getting more than enough from sport deals, etc to giving a home team deal. I can wish at least.

I think Russell Wilson is a good quarterback.  But he's not that good.  Seattle won because they had one of the best defenses ever and Marshawn Lynch.  Wilson was great in that role, but he's not the kind of guy that can carry a team. 

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Gotta remember the NFLPA frowns on hometown discounts. They want to be able to tell the rank and file "Our leadership resulted in this average salary at every position"- can't mess with that

Also, agents get their 3% of the total value- they want all of what they can get too.

11 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

I had not heard that one way or the other but if true I'm not surprised at all.

“I want to again apologize for my actions last year. I know that my behavior hurt a lot of people, and I again apologize to them," he said. "I respect the league’s decision on discipline, and I appreciate the time I spent with Commissioner [Roger] Goodell last week. I’m grateful for my time with the Browns over the last month and thankful to all the people in the organization that have welcomed me. I also appreciate all of the support I received from my union through this process. "

https://www.chiefs.com/news/statement-from-chiefs-wr-tyreek-hill?sf215999875=1

Statement from Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill

The last few months have been very difficult for me, especially as a father. The false allegations originally reported in March were highly publicized and involved the care of my son. I am grateful for so many things and grateful for so many people who have supported me during this challenging time. I fully respect and accept the NFL’s decision.

To the fans, friends, and family that I have made in Kansas City: I love you and thank you for your continued support. To the NFLPA, Mr. Ned Ehrlich: thank you for your dedication, understanding and guidance throughout this process. To the NFL, Commissioner Goodell and everyone who assisted in this investigation: thank you for your time and for conducting a thorough investigation. I will not let you down.

To the Kansas City Chiefs, Clark Hunt, Brett Veach, Coach Reid, the entire organization and the Chiefs Kingdom: you gave me a home when everyone doubted me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you all. I can assure you that I will continue to work to be the person, player, and teammate that you envisioned me to be.

To my children, my beautiful children: I love you all dearly and I promise you all that I will continue to strive to be the best father, the best friend, the best role model, and the best mentor that I can be.

I love you all.

33 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

How you get that out of what I wrote is beyond me.

Ben absolutely had a history of poor/bad behavior....many other instances were reported but the women never pressed charges because they were intoxicated, embarrassed or paid off...

See Elliot, Ezekhial

I get that based off your body of work on this forum, not what you wrote just now. 

At the end of the day history does not supersede facts.  That's why you are not a police office or investigator.  They can put their bias aside and look at the current facts while all you are going to do is come back to history which has ZERO to do with the facts in front of you.  Sure, an attorney can argue history to a jury, but investigators work with what's actually relevant to their case...evidence

For now unless something else comes out No suspension. Why give a contract now, let the season pass and see if it's still smooth sailing and nothing more added. 

Just think guys the speed of hill and hardmen on the field together, split in the backfield,together in the slot. Andy's never had so many options. Going to be fun. 

Defense please stay healthy and at least average.

8 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

I get that based off your body of work on this forum, not what you wrote just now. 

At the end of the day history does not supersede facts.  That's why you are not a police office or investigator.  They can put their bias aside and look at the current facts while all you are going to do is come back to history which has ZERO to do with the facts in front of you.  Sure, an attorney can argue history to a jury, but investigators work with what's actually relevant to their case...evidence

Yeah, um okay. Good job.

Don't fall- long way down off that high horse.

8 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

For now unless something else comes out No suspension. Why give a contract now, let the season pass and see if it's still smooth sailing and nothing more added. 

Just think guys the speed of hill and hardmen on the field together, split in the backfield,together in the slot. Andy's never had so many options. Going to be fun. 

Sign him now at a discount as we stated above.

7 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

totally disagree. In his statement the thanked the Chiefs Org for their support now is the perfect time to use  their Goodwill during  this time  in getting a favorable contract  and TH  if being true to himself should have no issues with  behaviour clauses.

1 minute ago, oldtimer said:

totally disagree. In his statement the thanked the Chiefs Org for their support now is the perfect time to use  their Goodwill during  this time  in getting a favorable contract  and TH  if being true toI himself should have no issues with  behaviour clauses.

I believe there was talk of the contract extension going on after the Hill/ NFL meeting could happen but what I am seeing now is it might not happen for weeks, maybe months.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/19/report-extension-talks-between-kansas-city-chiefs-tyreek-hill-not-set-to-resume-yet/

Just now, kkuenn said:

I believe there was talk of the contract extension going on after the Hill/ NFL meeting could happen but what I am seeing now is it might not happen for weeks, maybe months.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2019/07/19/report-extension-talks-between-kansas-city-chiefs-tyreek-hill-not-set-to-resume-yet/

I can't see them extending him real soon.  He's walking too close to the edge still.  But who knows. 

3 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Hill and the Chiefs were, by all accounts, getting pretty close on a new mega extension for the wide receiver in the wake of his All-Pro season in 2018. However, according to a report from James Palmer of NFL Media, it is going to be "several weeks, if not months" before the two sides start talking again. Any new deal, per Palmer, would likely "have some very specific language within it" relating to Hill's off-field actions. Any sort of massive deal that the wideout gets -- and he'll get one, because ultimately talent wins out in the NFL -- would ostensibly have outs for the Chiefs if Hill violates the Personal Conduct Policy.  https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-shockingly-decides-not-to-suspend-chiefs-wr-tyreek-hill-following-investigation/

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

So, basically the NFL is saying they cannot impose discipline because

-all of the evidence uncovered has been sealed by the court

-the NFL has been assured the child is safe by the Johnson County Dept of Children and Family.

-"based on the evidence presently available" they cannot discipline Hill.

- but he is one the hook in case "If further information becomes available..." so he should hope they don't and he better walk the line.

That's not what was said.  Sorry, Tyreek Hill didn't break his kid's arm or commit child abuse like you wish he had.

D_1_z8jWsAA37eO.jpg

Just now, dksww said:

dude, take the L and gtfo.  You're mad that tyreek hill didn't break his arm or commit child abuse?  

Dude- just GTFO. You are not comprehending what is being written. I was joking with him and he with I.

See how that works?

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

https://www.chiefs.com/news/statement-from-chiefs-wr-tyreek-hill?sf215999875=1

Statement from Chiefs WR Tyreek Hill

The last few months have been very difficult for me, especially as a father. The false allegations originally reported in March were highly publicized and involved the care of my son. I am grateful for so many things and grateful for so many people who have supported me during this challenging time. I fully respect and accept the NFL’s decision.

To the fans, friends, and family that I have made in Kansas City: I love you and thank you for your continued support. To the NFLPA, Mr. Ned Ehrlich: thank you for your dedication, understanding and guidance throughout this process. To the NFL, Commissioner Goodell and everyone who assisted in this investigation: thank you for your time and for conducting a thorough investigation. I will not let you down.

To the Kansas City Chiefs, Clark Hunt, Brett Veach, Coach Reid, the entire organization and the Chiefs Kingdom: you gave me a home when everyone doubted me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you all. I can assure you that I will continue to work to be the person, player, and teammate that you envisioned me to be.

To my children, my beautiful children: I love you all dearly and I promise you all that I will continue to strive to be the best father, the best friend, the best role model, and the best mentor that I can be.

I love you all.

That surely wasn't written by Hill.  Whether his agent, the Chiefs' PR dept. or whoever, I just hope Hill believes it and stays humble off the field.  

3 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I understood it just fine. It was more for the "Tyreek never did anything wrong and you were all wrong" crowd

No charges filed in Elliot's case but a suspension was issued.

It was wrong then, and would have been wrong now. Maybe Goodell learned from the Zeke fiasco.

Archived