NFL decides not to discipline Tyreek Hill

9 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That surely wasn't written by Hill.  Whether his agent, the Chiefs' PR dept. or whoever, I just hope Hill believes it and stays humble off the field.  

How many athletes / movie stars / etc. do you think write their own press releases / statements?

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Sign him now at a discount as we stated above.

I agree if it has stipulations and at a discount but At this time. But I would not give him top 3 wr contract without stipulations right now, which I believe is what Drew Rosenhaus would demand.

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That surely wasn't written by Hill.  Whether his agent, the Chiefs' PR dept. or whoever, I just hope Hill believes it and stays humble off the field.  

Alot of bro's had to be edited out.

15 minutes ago, Troyofoc said:

I agree if it has stipulations and at a discount but At this time. But I would not give him top 3 wr contract without stipulations right now, which I believe is what Drew Rosenhaus would demand.

Tyreek Hill contract negotiations could resume quickly

Posted by Mike Florio on July 19, 2019, 2:13 PM EDT

Getty Images

When reports first emerged of off-field complications that could result in the suspension of Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs and Hill were talking about a new contract. Those talks could resume, quickly.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Hill’s camp hopes to revisit contract talks “as soon as possible.”

Setting aside the issues that created months of controversy (but ultimately no punishment), Hill is perhaps the best receiver in all of football. Coupled with quarterback Patrick Mahomes, Hill forces the defense to cover every inch of the field, creating plenty of potential openings behind, beside, and in front of defensive backs and linebackers.

As a player, Hill is worth $20 million per year. Don’t be surprised if that’s the target in contract talks.

Hill is due to make $1.965 million in 2019, the final year of his rookie deal. A four-year, $80 million extension would put him under contract for five years, $81.965 million — an average at signing of $16.393 million.

Although Hill was exonerated by the league, the Chiefs may be concerned that future incidents could impact Hill’s availability. Those issues can be addressed during contract negotiations, with the Chiefs securing protection via language that would forfeit guarantees and/or delayed payments of signing-bonus installments.

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Tyreek Hill contract negotiations could resume quickly

Posted by Mike Florio on July 19, 2019, 2:13 PM EDT

Getty Images

When reports first emerged of off-field complications that could result in the suspension of Chiefs receiver Tyreek Hill, the Chiefs and Hill were talking about a new contract. Those talks could resume, quickly.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Hill’s camp hopes to revisit contract talks “as soon as possible.”

Setting aside the issues that created months of controversy (but ultimately no punishment), Hill is perhaps the best receiver in all of football. Coupled with quarterback Patrick Mahomes, Hill forces the defense to cover every inch of the field, creating plenty of potential openings behind, beside, and in front of defensive backs and linebackers.

As a player, Hill is worth $20 million per year. Don’t be surprised if that’s the target in contract talks.

Hill is due to make $1.965 million in 2019, the final year of his rookie deal. A four-year, $80 million extension would put him under contract for five years, $81.965 million — an average at signing of $16.393 million.

Although Hill was exonerated by the league, the Chiefs may be concerned that future incidents could impact Hill’s availability. Those issues can be addressed during contract negotiations, with the Chiefs securing protection via language that would forfeit guarantees and/or delayed payments of signing-bonus installments.

Pretty much what I said earlier. I can see a 5 year deal though at 80 million, not including this year, with more guaranteed. This way if he keeps clean he will be fine, but if he does not he is gone with contract stipulations coming in play like Bowe. Do this where guaranteed money is cancelled based off field character.  Then he knows even if cut, though only making 16 mil per year, he gets a bigger guarantee as long as he is not cut due to off field problems.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Dude- just GTFO. You are not comprehending what is being written. I was joking with him and he with I.

See how that works?

like we've forgot about the things you said before today on this.

16 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

like we still don't know what happened.

Nothing has changed except Hill can now play.

LOL, WHAT??

So the Police, KS Child Protective Services, NFL and Chiefs' investigators just got it alllllllll wrong, huh?

26 minutes ago, dksww said:

LOL, WHAT??

So the Police, KS Child Protective Services, NFL and Chiefs' investigators just got it alllllllll wrong, huh?

what part of " The NFL issued a lengthy statement on the situation, noting that no one at the league office can "conclude that Mr. Hill violated the Personal Conduct Policy." Additionally, the league said that "information developed in the court proceeding is confidential and has not been shared with us."

do you not understand?

I never said they got it 'wrong'. JFC

4 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Oh no.  Jane McManus, my favorite sportswriter from New York, disagrees with Tyreek's situation.  I'm surprised she was able to stop writing about how great Megan Rapinoe is long enough to do a piece on it. 

3 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Call it a wild hunch but I feel like JUST MAYBE this is facetious.

Adam, Adam, Adam, Adam.  Everyone knows I'm a Janiac.  Every morning I wake up and check to see what women's soccer equality issue is paramount on this day.   

http://www.nydailynews.com/nydn-jane-mcmanus-20181119-staff.html

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

But I can also see a scenario that Roger just opened in his declination to impose judgement:

No suspension= Hill can play

Hill can play= Hill can sign extension

a- Chiefs go all in and sign him for $19-20 mill per season, $95-$100 mill total value, $80 mill guaranteed.

b- still gotta sign Mahomes. Thats going to be a $40- 45 million a year cap number

c- Roger might ot have done the Chiefs any favors here....

I see a scared little ravens fan who knows his WR led offense has no chance now.  

GTFO with you opinion.  

I'm happy to eat crow. I said no way Hill was not going to be suspended. I said 4 games likely with it possibly being reduced to 2. Never saw this coming. One point regarding the Hill audio where he tells Epinol she needed to be afraid. I read somewhere that it was the NFL's determination that the statement was not an overt threat of physical harm. For example if Hill had said "You need to be afraid of me too dumb B**ch....cuz I might backhand you across this terminal!" There was no direct physical statements offered and that was a factor in the NFL's  rendering.

You can infer he meant something physical by the statement but it is certainly not conclusive. Hill just needs to keep his nose clean and be amazing on the football field.

Archived