Who gets a new contract first? Jones or Hill

Question is what will Tyreeks contract need to look like to best protect the team, satisfy Tyreeks agent and make Clark Hunt comfortable with risk level. It’s tricky. Veach is likely gonna have to be creative.  Doing that would give the Chiefs all the leverage in the Jones negotiations though because he knows he will get tagged if no deal is reached.  

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I think with Hill it all comes down to Clark Hunt. Is he willing to spend big guaranteed money that it will likely take to get that deal done. If so, they need to do it sooner rather than later because you can't trade both Hill and Jones after the season. Gotta get one signed so that the option is available for the other. I personally believe they really want both. But there's certainly logic in thinking we've already invested heavily on the dline and want to avoid the mistakes that Dorsey made. These two guys are SO fricking young though!

It's a good problem to have.  Not sure if we keep both, hope we keep both, but so many variables. I feel like if one isn't signed in next several weeks then one of them is walking. In today's NFL I think Hill has more value which sucks because personally I'm old school and love a bad ass defense. 

22 minutes ago, PAChiefsFan79 said:

It's a good problem to have.  Not sure if we keep both, hope we keep both, but so many variables. I feel like if one isn't signed in next several weeks then one of them is walking. In today's NFL I think Hill has more value which sucks because personally I'm old school and love a bad ass defense. 

They have plenty of time still to get a deal done and keep both if they want. In my opinion they do which is important.  

14 minutes ago, gochiefsgo said:

Maybe they drafted Mecole to replace Conley. He’s wearing 17. 

That's exactly what they did. Veach and Reid both said as much. Ultimately though its about finding another starter beyond this year. Perfect situation where Hardman can play more of the role Tyreek did as a rookie now rather than having to throw him into the fire. But the hope is certainly we get more out of Hardman than we did Conley. 

12 hours ago, gochiefsgo said:

Maybe they drafted Mecole to replace Conley. He’s wearing 17. 

That's the case in the short term. However I doubt they will pay both Watkins and Hill at the same time so Hardman should be the replacement of either starter beyond 2020. 

Not sure what to make of this one: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/7/25/8930500/chiefs-training-camp-notebook-khalen-saunders-thursday-words-on-chris-jones-mean-more-with-report

Looks like Jones is losing quite a bit of weight on his own. I'm pretty sure he has really good professional help but don't know how it all works without the Chiefs staff involved.

1 hour ago, sith13 said:

Not sure what to make of this one: https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2019/7/25/8930500/chiefs-training-camp-notebook-khalen-saunders-thursday-words-on-chris-jones-mean-more-with-report

Looks like Jones is losing quite a bit of weight on his own. I'm pretty sure he has really good professional help but don't know how it all works without the Chiefs staff involved.

It’s not brain surgery to learn to eat right. Jones came to camp last year 20 pounds lighter and it sounds like he’s just sharing diet tips he learned with Saunders (who clearly struggles with it).  

Archived