Entering Training Camp, who has the most pressure on them?

Entering Training Camp, who has the most pressure on them?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Entering Training Camp, who has the most pressure on them?

Just now, Mloe68 said:

He's a proven guy who's reclaimed two defenses from the dead into top 5 groups in year two and won a Super Bowl against the Patriots. But he's no guru and hasn't consistently delivered a good product either. Either way I think any reasonable person knows this is still going to take some time. But what makes me most confident about this hire overall is that Daly and House are absolute rising stars in the defensive coaching community. The respect he had to have to get both of those guys to leave good situations was a major coup and probably just as important as his overall coaching ability. Kind of like Andy. Really good coach with flaws but he's just amazing at finding and enpowering good people around him. That's huge in helping to take the pressure off. 

Agree with all.

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

I think the pressure is on Veach. Not about getting fired, but pressure to prove he is a legit GM. Last year the draft was pretty rough. Nnadi was a nice hit, but tased yo for Speaks.

FA were hit and miss also. Big miss on Amerson and big hit on Ward. And so on. I think he is about at a C. Frank was a huge cost so the pressure is really on to see if he is worth 2 early round players and a 100 million. He also needs a solid first starter out of this draft to break even and get a C grade again. 

But a C grade is not what he wants. It doesn’t prove to his peers that he belongs. It’s not what the team needs to win a Super Bowl. 

We are looking at Spags and Veach and saying this team wins a Super Bowl if you can be just a smidge above average.

Exactly 

Veach is still pretty young where if he flames out here, he still has the ability to rehab his image like Chris Ballard did and land another high profile gig. 

Andy is starting to run out of time with his age and weight and this year might be the Chiefs best chance to get it done for a bit.

5 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Veach is still pretty young where if he flames out here, he still has the ability to rehab his image like Chris Ballard did and land another high profile gig. 

Andy is starting to run out of time with his age and weight and this year might be the Chiefs best chance to get it done for a bit.

Assuming we keep one or likely both Jones and Hill, the core of this team is locked up for for two more years after this. This is hardly a short window and Andy’s showing no signs this game is passing him by. Quite the opposite really. I think based on Spags year 2 success and the youth of our defense that 2020 we will be even better. Back to back.  

23 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Assuming we keep one or likely both Jones and Hill, the core of this team is locked up for for two more years after this. This is hardly a short window and Andy’s showing no signs this game is passing him by. Quite the opposite really. I think based on Spags year 2 success and the youth of our defense that 2020 we will be even better. Back to back.  

They will have to reload some after 2019 and there really isn't any way around it.  Either Hill or Watkins will likely be gone, DRob will probably leave in FA and they will have to allocate some funds to either Fuller in a long term extension or to Breeland.  They can't afford to lose both for sure.

If Wylie does well, he'll need an extension.  If they want to keep Lee, they'll have to do something with him.  That's without even mentioning a possible Pat extension.

I think they've got some re-tooling ahead.

15 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

They will have to reload some after 2019 and there really isn't any way around it.  Either Hill or Watkins will likely be gone, DRob will probably leave in FA and they will have to allocate some funds to either Fuller in a long term extension or to Breeland.  They can't afford to lose both for sure.

If Wylie does well, he'll need an extension.  If they want to keep Lee, they'll have to do something with him.  That's without even mentioning a possible Pat extension.

I think they've got some re-tooling ahead.

No doubt every year is a retool of sorts. But realistically with the likely returning players we will have plus the continued maturation of what is a young roster, I think we are poised to potentially be great every year through 2021.  

Dont discount Khalil McKenzie as our starter at guard next year. Obvious early  pick should be corner. Plus we are now in rarified air in free agency where we can out recruit people if we are in similar money terms  And man does this new NFL fit Andy.  

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

No doubt every year is a retool of sorts. But realistically with the likely returning players we will have plus the continued maturation of what is a young roster, I think we are poised to potentially be great every year through 2021.  

Dont discount Khalil McKenzie as our starter at guard next year. Obvious early  pick should be corner. Plus we are now in rarified air in free agency where we can out recruit people if we are in similar money terms  And man does this new NFL fit Andy.  

Well yes every team does re-tooling, but this team is going to have some more significant work to do vs 'some' of the other contenders.  I mean that just means they're going to the playoffs instead of SB favorites.

24 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

#Chiefs injury notes: Armani Watts - NFI with a rib injury Bashaud Breeland - Thumb laceration

2:59 PM - 27 Jul 2019

Well he should be fine, but this will reiterate the need for CB depth and need for a good vet to pick up of one cut.

Fanatic:Maybe it was KC Sutton & Co poor coaching?

Eagles signed CB Orlando Scandrick.

The Eagles were epically banged up in the secondary last season, and neither Jalen Mills nor Ronald Darby have resumed practicing. Cre'von LeBlanc is out multiple weeks with a sprained foot. Longtime Cowboy Scandrick had an acceptable year for the Chiefs in 2018. Capable of playing both inside and out, Scandrick is a solid insurance policy.

Archived