Speaks? What is his role?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I think it's fair to say that he has a much better chance as a 4-3 DE than he did as a 3-4 OLB.  He was really without a position the last couple years. 

Hope so. Bottom line for me is a good player would have shown something by now regardless of the system. Chiefs draft on defense has been poor over the last few seasons.

If KC did not have Mahomes ...... be looking at an 8-8 team with Smith or others. Only an elite QB makes this current roster and team special. 

10 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Hope so. Bottom line for me is a good player would have shown something by now regardless of the system. Chiefs draft on defense has been poor over the last few seasons.

If KC did not have Mahomes ...... be looking at an 8-8 team with Smith or others. Only an elite QB makes this current roster and team special. 

I don't disagree completely, but a 6-7 290 pound guy just doesn't have the physical skill set to be a OLB in a 3-4 IMO.  Look at the good OLB's, Khalil Mack, Von Miller, Dee Ford and how they are put together. 

Kpass will be gone if he doesn’t have a great camp. I think Speaks gets another year, but I am not counting on him winning a starting role. Veach would love it since we traded up to get him. 

Interesting that the guys on the radio said Jones lost weight and is in the high 280s. Surely he isn’t wanting to compete at DE. It  would make some sense going into FA next year, but I hope he doesn’t lose power since he will most definitely stay inside.

27 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Kpass will be gone if he doesn’t have a great camp. I think Speaks gets another year, but I am not counting on him winning a starting role. Veach would love it since we traded up to get him. 

Interesting that the guys on the radio said Jones lost weight and is in the high 280s. Surely he isn’t wanting to compete at DE. It  would make some sense going into FA next year, but I hope he doesn’t lose power since he will most definitely stay inside.

Agree. This is the year we see if Veach has what it takes. He has two drafts, lots of trades and free agent signings under his belt. Ofcourse I am hoping the results are fantastic!

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Agree. This is the year we see if Veach has what it takes. He has two drafts, lots of trades and free agent signings under his belt. Ofcourse I am hoping the results are fantastic!

Main problem with Veach is trading up to get players that he could have gotten in the normal position in the draft.

4 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Why? Smith had a winning  record every year here as a starter. Why wouldnt he with this team?

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Why? Smith had a winning  record every year here as a starter. Why wouldnt he with this team?

Agree.  Smith had his shortcomings but he led a less talented team to double digit wins in nearly every season here and he graciously helped Mahomes take his job.  People need to stop ragging on Smith. 

5 hours ago, jetlord said:

Agree.  Smith had his shortcomings but he led a less talented team to double digit wins in nearly every season here and he graciously helped Mahomes take his job.  People need to stop ragging on Smith. 

That wasnt my point. Fanatic wasnt ragging on Smith. He was ragging on Veach as usual. His point was that the roster wouldn't be talented enough to produce a winner without a stud QB, because Veach has drafted poorly on defense and not put a good enough roster together.

Questioning a GMs job while  team is on this kind of upward trajectory is ridiculous but he continues with this nonsensical idea that this should be Veachs last season here if we dont do great things in 2019-2020.

3 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

That wasnt my point. Fanatic wasnt ragging on Smith. He was ragging on Veach as usual. His point was that the roster wouldn't be talented enough to produce a winner without a stud QB, because Veach has drafted poorly on defense and not put a good enough roster together.

Questioning a GMs job while  team is on this kind of upward trajectory is ridiculous but he continues with this nonsensical idea that this should be Veachs last season here if we dont do great things in 2019-2020.

OH No Mr Luv-less  So sad you must attack others opinions vs simply stating yours. Appears my opinion/comment is more important to you than it is to me. Once again I remind you I am not a member of your cult. 😏

24 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

OH No Mr Luv-less  So sad you must attack others opinions vs simply stating yours. Appears my opinion/comment is more important to you than it is to me. Once again I remind you I am not a member of your cult. 😏

The common sense cult.

10 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I was referring to last year. I think Mahomes was worth 4 or more wins over Smith last season. The defense was much worse than when Smith was here. Doubt Smith would have put up enough points to win the games Mahomes did. 

15 hours ago, DieHard said:

280s is a good weight for a 3 tech, as long as the power is there.  Aaron Donald is listed at 285 but admits last year he was playing closer to 265 to 270.  He's also a lot shorter than Chris.

Archived