Can you feel the electricity ?

Been a Chiefs fan a long time. I have not felt this much excitement and electricity at any time . It simply feels electric and extremely exciting.  It is one thing having rose colored glasses this time of year,  but this year iis different. I am see it clear. This is our year.

Even if the Chiefs have good odds at making and/or winning a SB, they are one of several teams with equal odds.  So much can go wrong for any team that I'm not one to say that winning it all is the only way to have a successful season.  But it's true that this is the first time in generations that we can feel that the team is ready and likely to compete with anyone. 

Last season was mostly a surprise since nobody expected Mahomes to be so good in his first season. Most people expected something just better than .500 and were okay with that. Now that we have seen what Mahomes is capable of this offseason is going very differently compared to any other in my lifetime as we are legit contenders from day one. Even the addition of Spags is exciting as a scheme change is always open to a lot of possibilities. 

I’m really thinking that this could be a 14-2 season. This team, with Mahomes at the helm, could be as good as any in history going in to a season with great expectations. Like the 1998 Broncos. This is it guys. 

On 7/29/2019 at 4:40 PM, gochiefsgo said:

I’m really thinking that this could be a 14-2 season. This team, with Mahomes at the helm, could be as good as any in history going in to a season with great expectations. Like the 1998 Broncos. This is it guys. 

Yeah...it's funny. I've seen a lot of analysts on the Chargers bandwagon to win the division. But for those sticking with the Chiefs...I've seen quite a few 14-2 predictions. It all boils down to how much better the defense will be. Can't wait!!

On 8/1/2019 at 5:53 AM, Docbarnabee said:

If this team stays healthy,  I think that there is a real possibility of going undefeated if this Defense is competent. 

Not reality.  Too many things can go wrong.  Bad bounce, bad call, bad injury, bad mistake.  The Chiefs play every divisional winner and JAX and the Chargers are challenges.  Three of the four NFC games are against teams with playoff hopes.  It's nearly impossible for any team to go undefeated for the whole season. 

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Not reality.  Too many things can go wrong.  Bad bounce, bad call, bad injury, bad mistake.  The Chiefs play every divisional winner and JAX and the Chargers are challenges.  Three of the four NFC games are against teams with playoff hopes.  It's nearly impossible for any team to go undefeated for the whole season. 

Glass Empty? 

On 7/26/2019 at 4:13 PM, Docbarnabee said:

Been a Chiefs fan a long time. I have not felt this much excitement and electricity at any time . It simply feels electric and extremely exciting.  It is one thing having rose colored glasses this time of year,  but this year iis different. I am see it clear. This is our year.

I've been saying for a couple of years that 2019 was when we could expect a conference title, and maybe a Lombardi.  Last year was a pleasant surprise to get within 3 inches, but  really, it was just a warmup.

On 8/3/2019 at 4:30 AM, DieHard said:

The last team that went undefeated didn’t win the SB. I only care about getting home field. At worst we are 12-4. That should do it. 

And they lost to a wild card team that barely made it to the playoffs. Some losses do teach valuable lessons and our 2013 run to the bye week should be a good reminder for everyone. 

On 8/2/2019 at 6:30 PM, DieHard said:

The last team that went undefeated didn’t win the SB. I only care about getting home field. At worst we are 12-4. That should do it. 

Im excited to watch a great team that can win against any opponent & come from behind if needed. I think the D will at least be average and that gets KC into the playoffs. Really dont care about home field etc. Arrowhead home field Advantage is a MYTH. Even  a wild card gives this team a great shot. Most important key is health going into the play-offs

Archived