Can you feel the electricity ?

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Im excited to watch a great team that can win against any opponent & come from behind if needed. I think the D will at least be average and that gets KC into the playoffs. Really dont care about home field etc. Arrowhead home field Advantage is a MYTH. Even  a wild card gives this team a great shot. Most important key is health going into the play-offs

It's an interesting balancing act.  As the season wears on, the organization has to watch their record and the likelihood of making the playoffs and then balance that against how long injured players are allowed to rest and heal. We've seen New England do that.  If we are 10-2 with four games to go and some injured players that should be back in time for the playoffs, they can be allowed to heal more completely and then bring them back with one regular season game left to get playoff-ready.  The point isn't to have the best record.  It is to have the best team going INTO the playoffs.

Frankly, this team "emerged" last year with Patrick Mahomes.  Alex Smith was not going to get KC to the Super Bowl.

I agree with Diehard...12-4 and it does come down to the defense.

Chiefs > San Diego: Mahomes > Rivers

w

7 hours ago, West said:

Frankly, this team "emerged" last year with Patrick Mahomes.  Alex Smith was not going to get KC to the Super Bowl.

w

James>Sorenson

Just had to be contrary. 😁

18 hours ago, West said:

w

Agree....KC would have been 8-8 with Smith and that defense last year.

As you know, I am an Alex Smith fan and his injury was really hard to watch.

I have no idea about last years record had KC retained Smith but Patrick Mahomes is a "Franchise Changer".

Mahomes  is smart, super athletic,100% committed to be great,  has a fantastic relationship with his father & his father's teammates and he is a "GOOD GUY".

Frankly, I have not seen anything quite like him in any other sport. Kobe may be a possible example....although one could argue, Kobe was not a "Good Guy".

w

On 7/26/2019 at 3:13 PM, Docbarnabee said:

Been a Chiefs fan a long time. I have not felt this much excitement and electricity at any time . It simply feels electric and extremely exciting.  It is one thing having rose colored glasses this time of year,  but this year iis different. I am see it clear. This is our year.

I'm super excited as well.

Archived