Giants apparently want DeMarcus Robinson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets see. It takes guys a couple of seasons to learn Reids system and be trusted. I dont trade this guy & not for a 4th round pick. One injury away from needing him to play a bigger role. Watkins Insurance. This is the year to go all in. Who knows what next year will look like. 

23 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Lets see. It takes guys a couple of seasons to learn Reids system and be trusted. I dont trade this guy & not for a 4th round pick. One injury away from needing him to play a bigger role. Watkins Insurance. This is the year to go all in. Who knows what next year will look like. 

Agree. Even though he’s likely going to end up 4th on the depth chart at WR as the season progresses, I’d ask for more to do that deal. Like a starting corner.  

1 minute ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah.  This is a SB squad, why the fuck are they looking to collect future projects?

2nd round or kick rocks, which basically means the Giants should kick rocks.

If they give up a 2nd i would be all for it. That is going to be a high 2nd too

7 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah.  This is a SB squad, why the fuck are they looking to collect future projects?

2nd round or kick rocks, which basically means the Giants should kick rocks.

Yeah I would agree with that.  DR is quality depth and works very well with Mahomes.  No way I give that up unless the offer is overwhelming.  2nd, or 3rd and a quality depth player at a position of need.

Will Robinson really contribute more than Pringle Deiter, Kemp, or a number of other prospects in the WR room?  I don't think he has the value to the Chiefs that many here are assigning him.  If the Chiefs win this year, it won't be because Robinson is on the team. 

32 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Will Robinson really contribute more than Pringle Deiter, Kemp, or a number of other prospects in the WR room?  I don't think he has the value to the Chiefs that many here are assigning him.  If the Chiefs win this year, it won't be because Robinson is on the team. 

Yes Robinson is more valuable. The other guys are simply potential. Robinson knows the system, has played under playoff pressure and is good ,not great ,insurance.

57 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I agree, I would make the trade.

Robinson will be a RFA after this season and this is the time of the year when the picks have the least value. I think we should be able to pull off a 3rd from the Giants, in which case I would probably do the trade. Who knows that pick might be helpful in bringing in a CB or simply add a pick/player from us to bring in one of their CBs to town.

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Yes Robinson is more valuable. The other guys are simply potential. Robinson knows the system, has played under playoff pressure and is good ,not great ,insurance.

I'm not claiming that Robinson can't play.  It's just that as the probable #4 receiver, he won't contribute much more than Pringle, for example, would as the #4.  If the Chiefs could wrangle a third, they should jump at the deal.  Guys on rookie contracts are gold considering the contracts the Chiefs need to work out next year.  The Giants WRs are a train wreck this year so they might give up that second day pick which won't be much lower than the Chiefs #2.   

41 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I'm not claiming that Robinson can't play.  It's just that as the probable #4 receiver, he won't contribute much more than Pringle, for example, would as the #4.  If the Chiefs could wrangle a third, they should jump at the deal.  Guys on rookie contracts are gold considering the contracts the Chiefs need to work out next year.  The Giants WRs are a train wreck this year so they might give up that second day pick which won't be much lower than the Chiefs #2.   

Until Pringle makes a simple mistake due to lack of game experience. Little things , in a big game, can destroy a playoff team. Plus Robinson is next man up for any injury. Doubt anyone would give up a 3rd. 

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Absolutely, and it's not even a contest.

I think people are discounting 2 things.  

1.  Pat has rapoport with him.  He did catch the 50th TD on a huge play.

2.  Expecting much from Pringle or Hardman is a bad idea.  It's not an easy Offense to learn.

Kemp isn't making the team and Deiter is such a long stretch to make the team.

Robinson is your entrenched #3 WR right now and the Chiefs will have 3 WR's over 50% of the time.  I think that's a starter.

This team is in the business of winning and not moving starters.  Only ways you'd make that move would be to land a legit starting cornerback in return, or a draft haul so large you'd be dumb to not take it.

Yeah. I think we are too thin right now. Pringle, Hardman and Thompson has a shot at that #4 but we haven’t even been through camp yet. Don’t know what we have there. Dieter May make it for ST but he has a low ceiling as a WR. Can’t see Kemp making it.

I would hold onto DRob for now unless it’s a 2nd. He is the only one with more than one career catch.

Archived