Giants apparently want DeMarcus Robinson

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

They are super deep at CB. This makes too much sense not to swing a trade. Beal, Baker, Love, Jenkins, and Ballentine give them 5 corners with the ability to become eventual starters. Get this done.

E: Nvm!  Thought you were talking about the Chiefs....should have kept reading.

Laps!

5 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

The depth chart is pretty stacked, which is why guys like Deiter and Kemp are a loooooong shot.

Just a difficult Offense to pick up.  If the routes were NCAA spread routes, this Offense could run an A11 scheme.

Dieter is interesting because they activated and played him at the most important part of the season last year, including the AFC Title game.  I wouldn’t call him a long shot. 

11 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Dieter is interesting because they activated and played him at the most important part of the season last year, including the AFC Title game.  I wouldn’t call him a long shot. 

And he is pretty good on ST. Reminds me of Dirty Dan or Zombo. Works as a backup in a pinch and plays ST. He will probably make it and I get it. I just like to see those spots filled with young guys that have the talent to start one day.

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I certainly would.  He's just not very good and I don't think he'd of made it last year if Pringle didn't go down.

His only plus attribute is he hangs out with Pat.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

I certainly would.  He's just not very good and I don't think he'd of made it last year if Pringle didn't go down.

That's the point.  Robinson runs undisciplined routes, makes a few catches, and works out with Mahomes.  It would be much better to have a different #4 and a high third round pick than having Robinson play out his rookie deal here.  One more point.  While the push is on for this season, the push is also long term.  This is a young team and there's nothing wrong with looking ahead. 

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

That's the point.  Robinson runs undisciplined routes, makes a few catches, and works out with Mahomes.  It would be much better to have a different #4 and a high third round pick than having Robinson play out his rookie deal here.  One more point.  While the push is on for this season, the push is also long term.  This is a young team and there's nothing wrong with looking ahead. 

3rd unlikely for the reasons you pointed out

2 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

From BJ Kissel   “Dieter has a phenomenal opportunity (to make final roster) going into training camp this time.”

He’s probably legitimately competing with 3-4 others for 2 spots.  Dave Toub will likely be the decision maker. He’s no roster lock, but he’s not a big longshot either is my point  

Deiter is also clearly tight with Tyreek Hill.  

19 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

From BJ Kissel   “Dieter has a phenomenal opportunity (to make final roster) going into training camp this time.”

He’s probably legitimately competing with 3-4 others for 2 spots.  Dave Toub will likely be the decision maker. He’s no roster lock, but he’s not a big longshot either is my point  

Deiter is also clearly tight with Tyreek Hill.  

It's too early to say definites in either direction, but it's going to be a really hard task to beat out Pringle and Custis.  

8 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

It's too early to say definites in either direction, but it's going to be a really hard task to beat out Pringle and Custis.  

Custis got shut down by mark fields yesterday.  Gonna have to pick it up.  

On 7/28/2019 at 2:35 PM, DieHard said:

Yeah. I think we are too thin right now. Pringle, Hardman and Thompson has a shot at that #4 but we haven’t even been through camp yet. Don’t know what we have there. Dieter May make it for ST but he has a low ceiling as a WR. Can’t see Kemp making it.

I would hold onto DRob for now unless it’s a 2nd. He is the only one with more than one career catch.

Disagree.  I don't see the Chiefs as thin at WR at all.  They have two solid wide outs in Hill and Watkins.  They have their top draft pick who's fast, smart, and played in a major college program.  They have Robinson who worked out with Mahomes but at least up until now, hasn't shown much discipline in running routes.  They have a number of guys working for the remaining spots and some have shown promise.  Would Robinson be a better choice to have in the game in week one?  Sure.  Would he be enough better later in the season to be worth picking up a future #3 draft pick?  Not in my book.  I would trust several of the second tier WRs to be the #4 just as much as Robinson deep into the season.  Someone earlier in the thread mentioned, "Just wait until one of those guys drops a critical pass." (paraphrased)   How about just wait until Robinson isn't where he's supposed to be on a critical down?  How about next April when the Chiefs need to fill a spot but they don't have the draft choice to get their man?   It's not that much of a gamble to trade Robinson if the price is right. 

49 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Disagree.  I don't see the Chiefs as thin at WR at all.  They have two solid wide outs in Hill and Watkins.  They have their top draft pick who's fast, smart, and played in a major college program.  They have Robinson who worked out with Mahomes but at least up until now, hasn't shown much discipline in running routes.  They have a number of guys working for the remaining spots and some have shown promise.  Would Robinson be a better choice to have in the game in week one?  Sure.  Would he be enough better later in the season to be worth picking up a future #3 draft pick?  Not in my book.  I would trust several of the second tier WRs to be the #4 just as much as Robinson deep into the season.  Someone earlier in the thread mentioned, "Just wait until one of those guys drops a critical pass." (paraphrased)   How about just wait until Robinson isn't where he's supposed to be on a critical down?  How about next April when the Chiefs need to fill a spot but they don't have the draft choice to get their man?   It's not that much of a gamble to trade Robinson if the price is right. 

Cant see anyone giving up a #3 pick for a guy that has done very little. He had a shot last year to really impress and was just ok. After all.....many say Mahomes makes receivers better. 

3 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Cant see anyone giving up a #3 pick for a guy that has done very little. He had a shot last year to really impress and was just ok. After all.....many say Mahomes makes receivers better. 

Agree giving up an early third like they have for a guy with 500 career yards is a major stretch even though like every other WR or TE on the team who was healthy, he had a career season in 2018. But thats obviously not saying much. Question is can Hardman pick up offense fast enough to  make a legit run at the #3 role. Or is Robinson poised to finally break out with this promotion for the 4 to the 3?   Side note...The MVP again showed just how special he really was in that last possession of the AFC Title game by delivering two huge passes to Robinson and Spencer Ware. That's a great sign for our future. 

1 hour ago, Troyofoc said:

Hearing good things about Hardman so far getting separation as a wr. Not looking so hot in punt return maybe Dustin's left foot spin is giving him a hard time.

I’d Let Tyreek continue to handle punt returns. Hopefully Hardman can win kickoff duties from Smith. 

We're deep, but DeMarcus Robinson is essentially a 4th starter.  I agree with all the comments.  He is a major breakout candidate.  Excellent player in routes, hands, breaks, separation, strength, and speed, youth.   He would be a #1 with a lot of teams. We would be crazy to trade him.  I suppose a 2nd rounder could net us a needed CB, but I think Veach can obtain that anyway.  The Giants would be stealing from us if we did that. DeMarcus stays.

15 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Will be interesting to see what the chart looks like by the end of camp.  Think we're gonna ser some phantom injuries.

Yep. 

"Son you sure you don't have an injury?"

"No I'm fine"

*kick to the groin

"What about now?"

8 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

We're deep, but DeMarcus Robinson is essentially a 4th starter.  I agree with all the comments.  He is a major breakout candidate.  Excellent player in routes, hands, breaks, separation, strength, and speed, youth.   He would be a #1 with a lot of teams. We would be crazy to trade him.  I suppose a 2nd rounder could net us a needed CB, but I think Veach can obtain that anyway.  The Giants would be stealing from us if we did that. DeMarcus stays.

I wouldn't go that far.  He's a good player but not indispensable.  He's gone after this year anyway.  My point was more along the lines of Dave Gettleman is a moron on a short rope.  If he's desperate and really likes DeMarcus, bend him over a barrel and get as much as you can.  Otherwise DeMarcus is a valuable WR in what could be a championship year.   

7 hours ago, moons314 said:

Odds are the usual suspect is going to miss games, as he has throughout his career.   Unless they are blown away by a deal the giants would be stupid to make, I’m firmly against trading him away. 

Agreed.  However Dave Gettleman might be the biggest dumbass running an NFL front office right now.  If anybody will offer something stoopid, it's him.

On 7/29/2019 at 10:47 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

#1 with other teams? KC drafted a receiver at #2. They must not know what they have in Robinson?  🙄

3 hours ago, xen said:

Agreed.  However Dave Gettleman might be the biggest dumbass running an NFL front office right now.  If anybody will offer something stoopid, it's him.

Too polite of you to use "might be" after that draft. We should simply take advantage of his mental situation. 

3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

#1 with other teams? KC drafted a receiver at #2. They must not know what they have in Robinson?  🙄

Hardman was insurance because of the Hill case and his future risks. It was for speed at receiver.  You can count on the Chiefs knowing what they have in Robinson. Like I said, Robinson could end up as a #1 for some other teams. We aren't going to move him unless it is for one of the top corners in the league.  And that is not going to happen.

8 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Hardman was insurance because of the Hill case and his future risks. It was for speed at receiver.  You can count on the Chiefs knowing what they have in Robinson. Like I said, Robinson could end up as a #1 for some other teams. We aren't going to move him unless it is for one of the top corners in the league.  And that is not going to happen.

A #1? We agree to disagree. Not going to happen. 

Archived