Giants apparently want DeMarcus Robinson

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Hardman was insurance because of the Hill case and his future risks. It was for speed at receiver.  You can count on the Chiefs knowing what they have in Robinson. Like I said, Robinson could end up as a #1 for some other teams. We aren't going to move him unless it is for one of the top corners in the league.  And that is not going to happen.

Which team could Robinson join and be the #1 receiver?  Can't think of any. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From Arrowhead Pride...

Over the past two days, it is beginning to become obvious why the Chiefs needed to trade up to select wide receiver Mecole Hardman in the second round of the NFL Draft. Hardman shows blazing speed, a knack for getting behind the Chiefs defenders and an early rapport withPatrick Mahomes. Hardman shouldpress Demarcus Robinson for the day-one WR3 position, and if not Week 1, I’dexpect him to have it by midseason.

37 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

From Arrowhead Pride...

Over the past two days, it is beginning to become obvious why the Chiefs needed to trade up to select wide receiver Mecole Hardman in the second round of the NFL Draft. Hardman shows blazing speed, a knack for getting behind the Chiefs defenders and an early rapport withPatrick Mahomes. Hardman shouldpress Demarcus Robinson for the day-one WR3 position, and if not Week 1, I’dexpect him to have it by midseason.

KC receiving core is deep and talented. Wish they could trade one for a really  good corner.

2 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, but the #4 corner is more valuable that the #4 receiver.  Don't think Robinson will bring a top backup at CB. 

Agree. Not a top CB but maybe a better player than is currently on the roster. 

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

A couple of kicks not missed at the end of close games might be worth more than a #3 or #4 WR. 

On the flip side, having a good WR may get you better field position for the kicker or even getting TDs instead of settling for FGs.

1 minute ago, kkuenn said:

On the flip side, having a good WR may get you better field position for the kicker or even getting TDs instead of settling for FGs.

True, but only if the good WR is obviously better than whoever would replace him.  I realize there on many on this board who think Robinson is necessary to the Chiefs offense.  I'm not one of them.  Use Hill, Watkins, Hardman, Pringle, Kemp, along with Kelce and a stable of receiving RBs and Robinson is marginal.  If he has trade value, trade him.  He'll catch some passes and may be on the receiving end of some Mahomes magic, but maybe not more than the next, cheaper man up will. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

A couple of kicks not missed at the end of close games might be worth more than a #3 or #4 WR. 

The kicker sure can hurt more but this is basically the time of the year when the value of draft picks are at its lowest as there are not many options to fix whatever is broken. If Giants think Robinson is more than a #3 WR we could get a nice return. 

How much is Robinson going to cost us.  I would love to get picks for guys but the more I think of it he’s more valuable to us.  We could ext/resign him way cheaper and he’s been in our system for 3 years.  It’s not easy to learn this system and it’s only going to get more complex the better Mahomes gets.  And finally Watkins is gone next year either way imo and that means we could roll our Hill, Robinson and Hardman which is a very dangerous trio.   Unless he nets us a very good pick or a above avg db, I say keep him.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

How much is Robinson going to cost us.  I would love to get picks for guys but the more I think of it he’s more valuable to us.  We could ext/resign him way cheaper and he’s been in our system for 3 years.  It’s not easy to learn this system and it’s only going to get more complex the better Mahomes gets.  And finally Watkins is gone next year either way imo and that means we could roll our Hill, Robinson and Hardman which is a very dangerous trio.   Unless he nets us a very good pick or a above avg db, I say keep him.

Yep.  Especially your point about Watkins next year.  I think we would be making a mistake to let Robinson go.  To put three years into his development in the system and let him go would be a mistake, unless they make us an offer we can't refuse, like a truly good cornerback. Robinson is a good blocker and (I think) good on special teams.  Toub has a say in all these decisions.

55 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Yep.  Especially your point about Watkins next year.  I think we would be making a mistake to let Robinson go.  To put three years into his development in the system and let him go would be a mistake, unless they make us an offer we can't refuse, like a truly good cornerback. Robinson is a good blocker and (I think) good on special teams.  Toub has a say in all these decisions.

Even if we cant resign him and some one over pays we may still get a good comp pick in return.

18 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Even if we cant resign him and some one over pays we may still get a good comp pick in return.

I dont know. He could not beat out Conley. They brought in old vets down the stretch last season when Watkins was out. Great players seldom linger for years before breaking out. Yes there are exceptions. Maybe Robinson is that guy. Will another team give up a  #3 pick for a maybe?

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

#Bears have waived WR Emanuel Hall.

I bet Giants go after him and Robinson now stays.

I wouldn't take that bet, though I hope Robinson stays.  He has a broad skill set and would be a strong WR2 and ST contributor for many teams.

1 hour ago, Fmbl2187 said:

I wouldn't take that bet, though I hope Robinson stays.  He has a broad skill set and would be a strong WR2 and ST contributor for many teams.

He’s apparently quietly having a very good camp too based on several reports I’ve read.  We are just loaded at WR. Was just a few years ago we couldn’t seem to find or develop anyone. QB played some role. But not all.  

There was a report on the radio today, not sure how accurate or informed, that Reid is surprised at how quickly Hardman is picking up the offense and the number of things he has learned at this point.  Does that mean he's passed Robinson as the #3?  Could be.  At least he runs the routes rather than doing the Robinson free lance.  With Pringle, Kemp, and Davis there is an excess of WRs who could make the roster.  Better to get something for Robinson than to give away talent with more upside.

Archived