Hill Accused of bullying a reporter during interview

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Became a witness for the State, testifying against the two charged with the crime. 

What a witness! 

"Only Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.

"I'm not trying to end my career like this," Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo."

42 minutes ago, xen said:

What a witness! 

"Only Lewis pleaded guilty in relation to the case: for obstruction of justice, a misdemeanor. He originally was charged with two counts of murder but struck a deal with prosecutors in exchange for his testimony against two of his companions that night, Reginald Oakley and Joseph Sweeting.

Lewis never directly linked his two friends to the killings, and they were acquitted. Lewis had testified that Oakley, Sweeting and another man had gone to a sporting goods store the previous day to buy knives. Baker's blood later was found in Lewis' limo. Having fled the crime scene, Lewis told the limo's passengers to "keep their mouths shut." The white suit Lewis was wearing that night — on Super Bowl Sunday — never was found.

"I'm not trying to end my career like this," Lewis said in his hotel that night, according to the testimony of a female passenger in the limo."

Source?

On 7/29/2019 at 4:37 PM, Handswarmer said:

worked for Mike Vick. Ray Lewis too.

I don't know Hands, I'm not sure it did, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know a lot about Ray lewis's case other than what you guys argue about on here and internet hearsay,. Even after all his transformation and religious stuff,  I've always wonder about him to this day. I remember watching his "a football life" on the NFL Network. When he briefly talked about the case it seemed very vague and fake. 

I don't think it will be the same for Tyreek no matter what he does or reveals, because IMO violence against children and women - especially woman - will always be looked at more seriously vs. violence between men. This whole thread is about Hill just rolling his eyes at a female reporter. 

A coworker once told me he didn't care about the Ray Lewis case. As far as he was concerned, it was thug vs. thug and the stronger thug won. 

38 minutes ago, qnet said:

I don't know Hands, I'm not sure it did, as far as I'm concerned. I don't know a lot about Ray lewis's case other than what you guys argue about on here and internet hearsay,. Even after all his transformation and religious stuff,  I've always wonder about him to this day. I remember watching his "a football life" on the NFL Network. When he briefly talked about the case it seemed very vague and fake. 

I don't think it will be the same for Tyreek no matter what he does or reveals, because IMO violence against children and women - especially woman - will always be looked at more seriously vs. violence between men. This whole thread is about Hill just rolling his eyes at a female reporter. 

A coworker once told me he didn't care about the Ray Lewis case. As far as he was concerned, it was thug vs. thug and the stronger thug won. 

qnet,  I bolded and underlined the subject of this thread.  Since when did rolling your eyes on a person who committed libel/slander against you become "bullying"?

If I were in Tyreek's shoes I'd seriously consider suing the Star & Channel 5 for libel, slander, defamation of character, etc...  If I were in Hill's shoes may have even refused to answer any Brooke Pryor's questions after the crap she pulled with him the past few months. 

1 hour ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

qnet,  I bolded and underlined the subject of this thread.  Since when did rolling your eyes on a person who committed libel/slander against you become "bullying"?

If I were in Tyreek's shoes I'd seriously consider suing the Star & Channel 5 for libel, slander, defamation of character, etc...  If I were in Hill's shoes may have even refused to answer any Brooke Pryor's questions after the crap she pulled with him the past few months. 

it's bullying because little bitch boy ryan marshall said so

47 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Yeah, I get that. I was just trying to point out to Handswarmer how much more difficult it will be for Hill to repair his reputation with the public vs. Ray Lewis. 

I haven't seen the video for myself. so I can't be sure, but I bet a lot of male NFL reporters have been treated just the same if not worse by some players, and it's just laughed off. 

As far as Hill, I don't think it would be smart for him to ignore her questions or be rude. It may not seem fair, but that's the way it is. 

I know very little of Brooke Pryor. I've listened to her on 810 on the Border Patrol show, and all they do is talk about food and other non-nfl type stuff. I don't want anyone to lose their job, but I do wish her supervisors at the Star would reprimand her if she truly did something wrong.  Doubt they will or did, but who knows.

I agree with what KC warpaint just posted about Ryan Marshall, he's the real problem in all this.

13 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Suing for slander would open up all evidence to be reviewed and to the public. There might be things that would be better left alone and not bring up any more spot light etc. He is trying to just get back on his career and with what all have seen, is back without suspension and any more drama needed that this may bring back up.

14 hours ago, qnet said:

It would interesting to really know what happened in 2014. All I know is he pleaded guilty to punching and choking her. So thats what I have to go by. 

55 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Suing for slander would open up all evidence to be reviewed and to the public. There might be things that would be better left alone and not bring up any more spot light etc. He is trying to just get back on his career and with what all have seen, is back without suspension and any more drama needed that this may bring back up.

thats is an interesting angle. What is the cost/benefit of coming clean or exposing all the evidence?

We may never know,.

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

It would interesting to really know what happened in 2014. All I know is he pleaded guilty to punching and choking her. So that's what I have to go by. 

That's fair. I was leaning toward her making the whole thing up, but still not totally sure nothing happened. 

5 hours ago, qnet said:

That's fair. I was leaning toward her making the whole thing up, but still not totally sure nothing happened. 

Criminal defendants plead guilty to charges all of the time to avoid a jury trial with long sentences (even when they are innocent).

I always assumed he did terrible things in 2014 before hearing the unedited recording.  After listening to the whole recording I question whether he did anything in 2014.  Hill vehemently denies intentionally harming Espinal in the recording when he has no idea he is being recorded.  Espinal quickly changes the subject when he tries to get her to be honest about the incident.  

I question everything regarding Espinal & Hill now.  I know I am biased as a Chiefs fan, but to assume guilt for either of them now is silly.

16 minutes ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Criminal defendants plead guilty to charges all of the time to avoid a jury trial with long sentences (even when they are innocent).

I always assumed he did terrible things in 2014 before hearing the unedited recording.  After listening to the whole recording I question whether he did anything in 2014.  Hill vehemently denies intentionally harming Espinal in the recording when he has no idea he is being recorded.  Espinal quickly changes the subject when he tries to get her to be honest about the incident.  

I question everything regarding Espinal & Hill now.  I know I am biased as a Chiefs fan, but to assume guilt for either of them now is silly.

Yep. Well done.

Decision: "I Wasn't Surprised"

Terez Paylor believes Roger Goodell could have suspended Tyreek Hill, but he isn't surprised that he didn't

Reiter_Headshot_1.jpg?xqAwIyggAjhD65xoxN
REITER THAN YOU
JULY 23, 2019 - 10:53 AM

Tyreek Hill Chiefs

USA Today Images

When the NFL announced it would not suspend Tyreek Hill for violating the league’s personal-conduct policy, many analysts were stunned. Yahoo! Sports senior NFL writer Terez Paylor, however, was not.

“I wasn’t surprised,” Paylor said on Reiter Than You. “I had been hearing internally there was optimism that he wouldn’t be suspended, mainly because Tyreek felt really good about the meeting and the evidence he was able to present them regarding this entire case. At the same time, there was one flashpoint line – ‘You ought to be terrified of me, too.’ The optics of that are bad. It seemed like Goodell, if he wanted to suspend him, he could just for that. But he didn’t.”

Which, again, likely goes back to the strength of evidence that Hill presented.

“The letter from his lawyer, they claim to have mountains of evidence, and that’s what they presented,” Paylor said. “Just think about how bad the optics of this are. Just think about how the NFL, despite those optics, decided not to punish him. That probably means the evidence was pretty strong. The problem is you’re not going to see some of this stuff because there’s still things going on with that case. My hunch is eventually some stuff will come out about it.”

Interestingly, a handful of Vegas insiders told Bill Reiter that the Chiefs, even with Hill, will not make the playoffs this season. Paylor found that borderline laughable. 

“This team is making the playoffs,” he said. “The question is whether or not they’re going to make the Super Bowl.”

That pretty much sums up my thoughts.

2 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

Yeah, I agree. 

On 7/30/2019 at 7:36 PM, qnet said:

Yeah, I get that. I was just trying to point out to Handswarmer how much more difficult it will be for Hill to repair his reputation with the public vs. Ray Lewis. 

I haven't seen the video for myself. so I can't be sure, but I bet a lot of male NFL reporters have been treated just the same if not worse by some players, and it's just laughed off. 

As far as Hill, I don't think it would be smart for him to ignore her questions or be rude. It may not seem fair, but that's the way it is. 

I know very little of Brooke Pryor. I've listened to her on 810 on the Border Patrol show, and all they do is talk about food and other non-nfl type stuff. I don't want anyone to lose their job, but I do wish her supervisors at the Star would reprimand her if she truly did something wrong.  Doubt they will or did, but who knows.

I agree with what KC warpaint just posted about Ryan Marshall, he's the real problem in all this.

I do agree that Tyreeks reputation with his critics can only be healed through time. If he stays off the police blotter and you see more and more positive images with he and his kids, it will make a difference. Look no further than Ben Roethlisburger.  In the end though, who cares what people think. He just needs to do the right thing. 

11 hours ago, ChiefsFoolFan said:

I am questioning everything now also.

9 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I do agree that Tyreeks reputation with his critics can only be healed through time. If he stays off the police blotter and you see more and more positive images with he and his kids, it will make a difference. Look no further than Ben Roethlisburger.  In the end though, who cares what people think. He just needs to do the right thing. 

I give credit to Ben- a division rival but a flat out baller. He changed his life around quickly. Sometimes it takes that scare to change things.

Archived