Jones close to an extension?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope he's correct. Jones looked slimmed down and in shape during his interview. I don't want to get over excited, but with the news of Kapass looking good,  Jones, Frank Clark, and Nnadi showing some flashes last season, I think this Dline may be pretty good. 

2 hours ago, qnet said:

I hope he's correct. Jones looked slimmed down and in shape during his interview. I don't want to get over excited, but with the news of Kapass looking good,  Jones, Frank Clark, and Nnadi showing some flashes last season, I think this Dline may be pretty good. 

Understatement. It’s nearly elite in the pass rush department already. If they stop the run, it’s a game changer.

8 minutes ago, timmy_6262 said:

I am just nervous about paying a guy a lot of money when he hasn't even played his new position.  I hope I am wrong but that worries me a lot.

He got to the quarterback in a record number of games “in a row”last year. 

From the interior. The most difficult way to get there.

You shouldn’t worry about that. Clark is a monster and is going to take a lot of attention.

3 hours ago, Calichief said:

He got to the quarterback in a record number of games “in a row”last year. 

From the interior. The most difficult way to get there.

You shouldn’t worry about that. Clark is a monster and is going to take a lot of attention.

Amd he played 43 in college i believe. He will do fine. If we wait he could have a monater season and cost us even more. It is a 2 edge sword either way

30 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Amd he played 43 in college i believe. He will do fine. If we wait he could have a monater season and cost us even more. It is a 2 edge sword either way

If Brett can get this done for less than he paid Frank Clark, it’s a major win for him and us.  I’m sure Jones agent wants something very similar. 

On 8/1/2019 at 4:43 PM, timmy_6262 said:

I am just nervous about paying a guy a lot of money when he hasn't even played his new position.  I hope I am wrong but that worries me a lot.

You're nervous?  About an absolute star?  A monster?   Are you high?

3 hours ago, timmy_6262 said:

I am sure the Redskins thought Haynesworth was a star too.

Difference is we have seen Jones from day 1. Know his work ethic etc. More often than not they do fine but you do have  the anomalies too

Archived