The Chiefs have moved cornerback Tremon Smith to running back ... and it might stick

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seriously don't understand Toub's obsession with the guy.  He's small and while he's good on ST he offers little to anything anywhere else.   I'd rather see a guy like Cody T get a chance or even Tremon Smith who could play on both sides of the ball in a pinch and is pretty athletic himself.

1 hour ago, Lamardirts said:

I seriously don't understand Toub's obsession with the guy.  He's small and while he's good on ST he offers little to anything anywhere else.   I'd rather see a guy like Cody T get a chance or even Tremon Smith who could play on both sides of the ball in a pinch and is pretty athletic himself.

Fanatic Take.....I trust Toub. Proven Results.  DAT is a winner. Thompson can still make the team because I predict Hyde gone ...... Smith stays.

The Athletic's Nate Taylor reports Chiefs sixth-round RB Darwin Thompson "appears to have leaped" Carlos Hyde on the depth chart.

Thompson has reportedly worked ahead of Hyde at camp this week, splitting first-team reps with Damien Williams. It's further affirmation to how the Chiefs view Thompson heading into the year as coach Andy Reid recently noted the sixth-round rookie has "good vision in the run game" and a "pretty good understanding of the pass game", too. With 9/52 rushing and 1/29/1 receiving on limited usage this preseason, it would not be shocking to see Thompson start the year ahead of Williams in a third-down, change-of-pace role, reducing Williams' ceiling as fantasy's current RB13. Thompson has standalone value at the back of fantasy drafts even if he initially receives low volume out the gates. This news also makes Hyde a candidate for release once final cuts occur.

L-dD2ZCt_x96.jpg

These aren't scrubs. That's TJ Watt who Thompson evades in the backfield (when there's no hole up front), Bud Dupree he runs around and Mike Hilton he beats to the edge. Thompson looked better w/ the backup OL vs multiple PIT starters than Hyde looked w/ starting OL vs starters.

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

He should get some more chances in the next two games.  Also expect to see Thompson a time or two.

I would love to see Thompson in there before Hyde. As long as he has the pass pro down then let's see what he has. Even if he does not or they do not trust him enough just yet, I want to see him in there as much as possible and taken out then in an obvious passing down etc.

Archived