Hall of Fame Inductees

10 hours ago, Burpo The Mad Clown said:

Albert Lewis was a much better CB than Law. Yet, he'll never get close to the HOF.

That's why I don't take this too seriously. 

until Otis #89 gets in I dont even care..its a sham.

I haven't been watching the HOF ceremony these past few years, but had to watch this time. Tony Gonzalez at one time was my favorite player with the Chiefs. His speech was pretty good and he thanked just about everyone, even some people I had forgot about who coached and/or played for the Chiefs.  It was cool to see the other HOFer's also. Congrats to them all. 

Johnny Robinson thought football had forgotten him

Posted by Charean Williams on August 3, 2019, 8:08 PM EDT

Johnny Robinson, 80, waited for what seemed like forever before he received the call last August that he was the 2019 seniors nominee to the Pro Football Hall of Fame. The Dallas Texans and Chiefs defensive back found out in February, the day before Super Bowl LIII, he had earned enshrinement into Canton.

On Saturday, Robinson had his day in the sun.

“It’s been 47 years since I last played football, and for this all time I thought I had been forgotten,” Robinson said in a pre-recorded 5-minute, 26-second acceptance speech. “I can’t tell you how I was pleased I was to be notified that I had been selected as the senior finalist after all these years. But then, to receive that knock on the door from [Pro Football Hall of Fame President] David Baker seems surreal to me.

“I think back to when I was young boy and all I wanted to do was play ball.”

Robinson played 164 games in 12 NFL seasons and made 57 interceptions.

“The journey to the Pro Football Hall of Fame may have been long and the road may have been hard at times, but I found that sometimes you must go through the valley in order to stand upon the mountain,” Robinson said. “I used to wonder why I had not been inducted into the Hall of Fame all these years. Then, I came to realize that God was in control of my life, and I believe that God wanted me to start my boys home. In 1980, I answered the call on my life and founded the Johnny Robinson Boys Home in Monroe, Louisiana. It is a place where boys can make positive life changes and get a fresh start on life. You will still find me there most every day.”

I am a huge fan of the Super Bowl Chiefs....Adding another HOF to that group is special.  Like OT, my two favorite Chiefs from that era are Dawson and Taylor.  

Otis should be in the HOF. 

I was like 12 years Old and I had this poster on one wall of my room:

http://p2.la-img.com/586/13074/3808596_1_l.jpg

The Other wall:

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/jzIAAOSwBmZWCeQx/s-l300.jpg

15 hours ago, West said:

Otis should be in the HOF. 

I was like 12 years Old and I had this poster on one wall of my room:

http://p2.la-img.com/586/13074/3808596_1_l.jpg

A younger coworker (I guess he's about 30)  who is a Chiefs fan had never seen any of these guys play. He didn't even know who Otis Taylor was. So, I sent him a link to a few youtube videos of Taylor playing. He texted back "MAN, he was A BEAST!!!!"

On 8/7/2019 at 9:51 AM, West said:

If you are under 50, you probably have no idea how dominant that team was...

w

This is true. I'm 50 and the only thing I know is from NFL films highlights, and stories my parents would tell me.  I remember years ago when Marty was coaching, looking up his team's defensive stats vs. the Stram teams. The Stram lead teams were very dominate, much more than the Schottenheimer teams, abilet on a shorter number of games. It was still impressive though.

A few years back, ESPN did a special on the old AFL. They played this really cool, kick ass theme song, while showing the highlights of the 69 Chiefs playoff run, beating the Raiders and Jets. This song rivaled the Raiders Autumn wind theme song, and I wish I could find it. I think that should be the Chiefs theme song.

Archived