Training Camp Updates 2019

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stout: Underrated story of training camp. Thought was Kpass may be cut entering camp and now he looks to be tracking for a significant defensive role this season.

yhop
FollowFollow @barleyhop
More

Nickel work, and Tanoh Kpassagnon is rotating in when they go heavy. DL of Kpass-Xavier Williams-Derrick Nnadi-Frank Clark. Okafor and Chris Jones are in there with the standard nickel.

6:55 AM - 3 Aug 2019

17 minutes ago, xen said:

Hard to believe the defense, including Rags an Kpass have turned it around under Spags in only one week.  On the other hand, there seems to be a new attitude on defense.  If Clark and HB have brought that, they are worth the money.  

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:
  1. Khalen Saunders with one the more dominant rushes I’ve seen with a pull and swim with a club to finish on Murray was lightning auxin with his hand movement. #Chiefscontested catch with a spike in front of t

Has anyone heard anything positive about Speaks?  He seems to be lost in the shuffle and doesn't have a role to play. 

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Has anyone heard anything positive about Speaks?  He seems to be lost in the shuffle and doesn't have a role to play. 

He's been consistently on the 2nd team D with KPass.  Difference is KPass is getting first team sub package reps in big nickel and nascar packages.

2 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Stout: Underrated story of training camp. Thought was Kpass may be cut entering camp and now he looks to be tracking for a significant defensive role this season.

yhop
FollowFollow @barleyhop
More

Nickel work, and Tanoh Kpassagnon is rotating in when they go heavy. DL of Kpass-Xavier Williams-Derrick Nnadi-Frank Clark. Okafor and Chris Jones are in there with the standard nickel.

6:55 AM - 3 Aug 2019

Holy hat is our Dline deep!

Matt Verderame
It's been said both here and other places before, the #Chiefs absolutely love Thornhill. Thought he was a huge steal when they took him, and feel that way even more after watching him for a few months. He'll be an immediate factor

Conversation

47 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Matt Verderame
It's been said both here and other places before, the #Chiefs absolutely love Thornhill. Thought he was a huge steal when they took him, and feel that way even more after watching him for a few months. He'll be an immediate factor

Conversation

Sorenson is teaming with HB on the ones.  Maybe Thornhill has to prove more before he starts.

Love daly as dline coach we need fire from a dline coach. Iv been down on speaks but read a few times if it was live on 11-11 he would of had the sack so that's positive. Love that they are giving kpass the time and looking good.  It's looking up for the d fellas.

4 hours ago, jetlord said:

Sorenson is teaming with HB on the ones.  Maybe Thornhill has to prove more before he starts.

9qwjbtCQ_bigger.jpg

Dime work again for the Chiefs secondary. Thornhill in deep with the 1's quarters looks in 3rd and long.

1 hour ago, Biggjliv4 said:

I'm always hesitant to read anything into training camp reports as it's either gloom and doom or everyone is a probowler, but I'm very encouraged to hear our D may have an attitude. Can't get any worse, but I'm anxious to see opening week!

Agree everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. But this defense is working against one of the better offenses in NFL history so positive results tend to carry some weight with me. At the very least I think it’s obvious we’ve had a big coaching staff upgrade and that Frank Clark is rapidly becoming the leader and attitude setter for the defense. We had nobody like that last year.  

20 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree everything has to be taken with a grain of salt. But this defense is working against one of the better offenses in NFL history so positive results tend to carry some weight with me. At the very least I think it’s obvious we’ve had a big coaching staff upgrade and that Frank Clark is rapidly becoming the leader and attitude setter for the defense. We had nobody like that last year.  

Houston & Berry. Every team does the pre-game stupid jump up & down huddle/hug crap. Like that makes the big difference. I get sick of seeing Drew Brees etc. Its old.

Clark can hopefully take that attitude, make big plays and lead by exceptional play making. Houston & Berry ended up all huddle no action the past few seasons..

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Houston & Berry. Every team does the pre-game stupid jump up & down huddle/hug crap. Like that makes the big difference. I get sick of seeing Drew Brees etc. Its old.

Clark can hopefully take that attitude, make big plays and lead by exceptional play making. Houston & Berry ended up all huddle no action the past few seasons..

Berry couldn't be the leader when he wasn't playing.  It's not the sideline jumping up and down that counts.  It's being on the field, leading by example and encouraging and correcting your team mates.  Maybe Houston could have done that more, but Berry was the defensive QB when healthy. 

8 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Clark is not a rah, rah guy. He’s a walking tone setter that plays with an infectious mean streak and is also highly skilled. He’s already embracing sharing those skills and techniques with younger players while raising the expectation of the group on every play.  

From what I saw, the front 7 of the Defense looks much better but holy hell do the corners look bad.  This Defense is going to be fist fucked against teams that deploy the Patriots Offensive Gameplan because I really am not sure how they're going to handle defending quick slants and rub routes. 

Are they better than last season?  Yeah probably, but without a significant bump when the lights come on....well I think people are going to be very disappointed on how much they 'improved' the position.  I can say with confidence that none of these corners were impressive to me.

44 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Clark is not a rah, rah guy. He’s a walking tone setter that plays with an infectious mean streak and is also highly skilled. He’s already embracing sharing those skills and techniques with younger players while raising the expectation of the group on every play.  

I did not imply that he was. 

Archived