Training Camp Updates 2019

16 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

From what I saw, the front 7 of the Defense looks much better but holy hell do the corners look bad.  This Defense is going to be fist fucked against teams that deploy the Patriots Offensive Gameplan because I really am not sure how they're going to handle defending quick slants and rub routes. 

Are they better than last season?  Yeah probably, but without a significant bump when the lights come on....well I think people are going to be very disappointed on how much they 'improved' the position.  I can say with confidence that none of these corners were impressive to me.

Thank goodness your opinion does not matter. Glad KC is not consulting with you. 😉

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

42 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

I'm breathing just fine.  You seem to be pretty wound up over an observation.

Pop a Xanax and have a seat in a chill chair.

Oh NO Mr Drunkin-friend.  I actually enjoy your negative outlook. 🙄

Now that he's put me on ignore (god bless), here are some more observations.

Thornhill can definitely keep up with the speed and tracks the ball well.  There are some elite capabilities within him, which is a plus with all the Tight End's that are getting faster now a days.

Not really seeing much from Breeland Speaks, but it seems from what I can tell he's just at edge.  Maybe there's a reason, I don't know?

Tanoh is responding well to Daly, Okafor looks solid and they've got some other options with the spot.

The RB battle is going to be heated right down to the finale. 

People really need to chill on the LB paranoia.  They look fine. 

All the attention is on Hill and Hardman rosting the corners, but I'm expecting Robinson to show up to play when the season starts. 

Hardman is running some quality routes and has the speed, but I'm waiting to see how he'll respond when NFL corners are jamming him.  So far, looking good.

Daly will be a DC in a year, two tops if he isn't super selective.  Everyone should be bull'ish on this front 7.

Pat is throwing the ball with more authority this year and it's not far-fetched to think he'll be better than 2018.

Wasn't a great time for the OL, but it's good they are really being tested by the Defense in camp.  It'll pay off down the road.

Overall, I think landing a corner in the trade makes them overwhelming SB favorites.  

We seem as though we've come a long way since last year.  When you change coaches and schemes you're going to have some holes year one. I think Veach has done a real solid job making the move he did.  May just have to do without corner wise one more year.  I can see him making a move at the trade deadline for CB regardless of who we pick up after cuts.

4 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

From what I saw, the front 7 of the Defense looks much better but holy hell do the corners look bad.  This Defense is going to be fist fucked against teams that deploy the Patriots Offensive Gameplan because I really am not sure how they're going to handle defending quick slants and rub routes. 

Are they better than last season?  Yeah probably, but without a significant bump when the lights come on....well I think people are going to be very disappointed on how much they 'improved' the position.  I can say with confidence that none of these corners were impressive to me.

We had the worst safeties and corners in the NFL last year. Decent chance Veach fixed the safety issue but corner will have to wait til next year to fix in earnest.  But he’s gotta band aid it better somehow. And that means realistically a trade. 

If the group can stay healthy, the corners could squeak by with good pressure from the line.  They seem to be about the same as last season.  Ward could be better than Scandrick and Breeland isn't a downgrade from Nelson.  The question is what happens if Ward isn't effective or Breeland gets hurt.  Wade, Fields, and Fenton are a real crap shoot.  The Chiefs will surely pick up someone off the wire. 

Archived