Training Camp Updates 2019

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Starbucks???? Yuck!

My wife had it for the first time last week.  I don't drink coffee at all, so I'll never touch the shit.

She was telling her mom about losing her Starbucks virginity, and I told her to talk about how my wallet was just raped.

Think that shit was somewhere around 9 bucks for her cup.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

My wife had it for the first time last week.  I don't drink coffee at all, so I'll never touch the shit.

She was telling her mom about losing her Starbucks virginity, and I told her to talk about how my wallet was just raped.

And another $5 for the Antacid pills.......I despise that stuff

1 hour ago, xen said:

I got news for everyone, Harris wasn't going to replace Kelce's production either.  Maybe Kittle or Ertz could but that's about it.  The offense would adjust.

That's nonsensical to think they would be trying to replace exactly what Kelce brings. We are talking about a reasonable replacement who doesn't leave a gaping hole with one injury like what happened in the 2017 playoff game. Again, there's a reason we wanted to sign Watson. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

That's nonsensical to think they would be trying to replace exactly what Kelce brings. We are talking about a reasonable replacement who doesn't leave a gaping hole with one injury like what happened in the 2017 playoff game. Again, there's a reason we wanted to sign Watson. 

This isn't Madden.

8 minutes ago, xen said:

This isn't Madden.

And your point is? Somehow we don't need competent backups? Heck why are we paying Chad Henne 4.1 million this year. Why not just hand it over to Pat Shurmer or Chase Litton. Why did Veach feel the need to sign Damien WIlliams last year? (It's a pretty good thing he did wouldnt you say). Our backup situation at TE is the worst on the team outside of CB. Not one half way proven guy or even decent potential guy from what I see. Maybe they see differently.The run at Ben Watson seems to indicate they are comfortable either.  

11 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

And your point is? Somehow we don't need competent backups? Heck why are we paying Chad Henne 4.1 million this year. Why not just hand it over to Pat Shurmer or Chase Litton. Why did Veach feel the need to sign Damien WIlliams last year? (It's a pretty good thing he did wouldnt you say). Our backup situation at TE is the worst on the team outside of CB. Not one half way proven guy or even decent potential guy from what I see. Maybe they see differently.The run at Ben Watson seems to indicate they are comfortable either.  

the difference are there are tons of RB's who could be effective.  There are also quite a few QB's Andy can turn into an effective backup.

The league has 3 elite TE's and a handful of other decent one's. Ideally we would have gone after one in the last draft, but you're going to either need to draft them high, or draft mid rounds and wait for them to develop.  There just aren't a plethora of effective tight ends, and none who aren't already on a roster.

I'm not saying i'm comfortable with having shitty backups.  I'm saying i get why we are where we are.  I'm also saying if given time (i.e. not in the middle of the game like the playoff game you referenced), Andy will adjust the offense sans an elite tight end.  Also saying the moaning of chiefs fans over backup tight ends is useless.

6 minutes ago, xen said:

the difference are there are tons of RB's who could be effective.  There are also quite a few QB's Andy can turn into an effective backup.

The league has 3 elite TE's and a handful of other decent one's. Ideally we would have gone after one in the last draft, but you're going to either need to draft them high, or draft mid rounds and wait for them to develop.  There just aren't a plethora of effective tight ends, and none who aren't already on a roster.

I'm not saying i'm comfortable with having shitty backups.  I'm saying i get why we are where we are.  I'm also saying if given time (i.e. not in the middle of the game like the playoff game you referenced), Andy will adjust the offense sans an elite tight end.  Also saying the moaning of chiefs fans over backup tight ends is useless.

I think Bell will be an asset! 

10 minutes ago, xen said:

I was just reading a FF listing of TE's and they had Jason Witten #21.......smdh

13 minutes ago, xen said:

If there are tons of RBs who can be effective why not just keep what we had instead of making a free agent move for Williams? This is absolutely no different. We need a TE who can basically be a poor mans version of Kelce so we don't have to reinvent the offense with him out. Maybe that's what they think they could get from another QB in Blake Bell. I still remember that loss to the Titans too well. And losing Kelce was the difference. Had we not tried to sign Watson I might feel better about it. I just think we've got very questionable backups there would be my main point. 

9 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

If there are tons of RBs who can be effective why not just keep what we had instead of making a free agent move for Williams? This is absolutely no different. We need a TE who can basically be a poor mans version of Kelce so we don't have to reinvent the offense with him out. Maybe that's what they think they could get from another QB in Blake Bell. I still remember that loss to the Titans too well. And losing Kelce was the difference. Had we not tried to sign Watson I might feel better about it. I just think we've got very questionable backups there would be my main point. 

Oh our backups are questionable as fuck.  I do get it.  Don't sleep on the Belldozer though.  😀

15 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

THE QB was Mr Check down , tippie toes, Smith. So Kelce was his #1 guy. Not the case today with Mahomes.

4 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

THE QB was Mr Check down , tippie toes, Smith. So Kelce was his #1 guy. Not the case today with Mahomes.

Understand your point. Especially with Alex so adept at panicking under pressure. But reality was that Travis Kelce was also Mahomes number 1 guy.

12 minutes ago, xen said:

Oh our backups are questionable as fuck.  I do get it.  Don't sleep on the Belldozer though.  😀

4th round pick in 2015 so NFL scouts did like his size, speed. He's 28 and never scored a TD though. He's gonna have to earn his spot onto the roster against weak competition. But this will be worth watching in preseason for sure. Maybe the plan is to see how we do here and potentially make move in late August if nobody emerges.  I'm assuming they are going to do everything possible to keep Lovett on the active roster. But he's not really a TE.  

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Understand your point. Especially with Alex so adept at panicking under pressure. But reality was that Travis Kelce was also Mahomes number 1 guy.

Not so much. You can take one guy out , as NE did with Hill 1st half of the playoff game, it opens other guys up. Smith was not a vertical threat and does not extend plays. My point is that a Kelce injury will not limit this offense nearly as much as it did with Smith. Mahomes will adjust ..... while Smith was not capable. 

35 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

4th round pick in 2015 so NFL scouts did like his size, speed. He's 28 and never scored a TD though. He's gonna have to earn his spot onto the roster against weak competition. But this will be worth watching in preseason for sure. Maybe the plan is to see how we do here and potentially make move in late August if nobody emerges.  I'm assuming they are going to do everything possible to keep Lovett on the active roster. But he's not really a TE.  

yeah Lovett is an H back.  but isn't it interesting that Andy's thought process is already figuring out where using an H back instead of a tight end might work with our current dynamic.  The Sausage i would bet could do some similiar things.

38 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Not so much. You can take one guy out , as NE did with Hill 1st half of the playoff game, it opens other guys up. Smith was not a vertical threat and does not extend plays. My point is that a Kelce injury will not limit this offense nearly as much as it did with Smith. Mahomes will adjust ..... while Smith was not capable. 

There is zero doubt an elite QB can get more out of what he has. And we do not lose that game if Mahomes is under center. But taking that threat down the seams almost completely away by putting a scrub out there would absolutely take a toll on this offense and the speed threats outside. We need a backup who's competent and can beat a linebacker or safety enough times in single coverage to keep everyone else honest. And we absolutely need a TE who can contribute in the red zone with so many smaller WRs. Our backup tight ends have a grand total of zero career TDs. I'm not sure how anyone can say it's not a concern Veach needs to look hard at solving. 

10 minutes ago, xen said:

yeah Lovett is an H back.  but isn't it interesting that Andy's thought process is already figuring out where using an H back instead of a tight end might work with our current dynamic.  The Sausage i would bet could do some similiar things.

I agree. The Sausage can block and has good hands. I would like to see him get more snaps. Line up as a FB and shift to a 2 TE set. 

11 minutes ago, xen said:

Much like the Honey Badger on defense, I've heard a few coaches use the term swiss army knife for Lovett on offense. Not sure how effective he can be as a rookie, but I do like adding a player like this long term. I think he's one of those guys that probably makes the roster whether they think he's ready to play at all or not. 

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

There is zero doubt an elite QB can get more out of what he has. And we do not lose that game if Mahomes is under center. But taking that threat down the seams almost completely away by putting a scrub out there would absolutely take a toll on this offense and the speed threats outside. We need a backup who's competent and can beat a linebacker or safety enough times in single coverage to keep everyone else honest. And we absolutely need a TE who can contribute in the red zone with so many smaller WRs. Our backup tight ends have a grand total of zero career TDs. I'm not sure how anyone can say it's not a concern Veach needs to look hard at solving. 

Good luck finding a talented player as you describe, to be #2. The Patriots done have that at #1. How many teams have a really good tight end?

Seems its important you always have the last word on everything. So OK. YOU WIN.  🙄

49 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Good luck finding a talented player as you describe, to be #2. The Patriots done have that at #1. How many teams have a really good tight end?

Seems its important you always have the last word on everything. So OK. YOU WIN.  🙄

You get very sensitive about any type of debate don't you. Winning is getting the Chiefs to Miami on Feb 2nd. That's all I care about. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Much like the Honey Badger on defense, I've heard a few coaches use the term swiss army knife for Lovett on offense. Not sure how effective he can be as a rookie, but I do like adding a player like this long term. I think he's one of those guys that probably makes the roster whether they think he's ready to play at all or not. 

Yeah Toub loves the kid.  That bodes well for his chances.

5 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Ironically if you happened to be in Olathe my daughter may have been the one ringing in your $9.00 drink.  😂 

7 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Kansas? No, I'd need the antacid as soon as I hit State Line road.

No offense, but a lot of you guys can't drive for shit.

We do struggle with the zipper merge principal as Mitchell Schwartz pointed out.  That’s for sure. But our roads are so much better than the Missouri side, it makes up for it.  

Archived