Training Camp Updates 2019

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking Thursday, coach Andy Reid replied, "We'll do that here," when asked if he'll use a RB-by-committee approach this season.

"I did a little bit of that back when I was in Philadelphia," Reid said. " Kind of a running back by committee deal and we had some success with it. We’ll do that here. ... They all have their strengths and we’ll try to exploit their strengths there." Reid mentioned both Damien and Darrel Williams, Carlos Hyde, and rookie Darwin Thompson all in the same breath. Damien has missed almost all of camp with a strained hamstring but returned to individual drills this week. Hyde has gotten most of the run with the ones in his absence. Damien was a legit RB1 stud down the stretch and into the playoffs last season, but his injury may have spooked Reid. Damien has never been a true workhorse outside of the second half of last season.

This is why you dont give big bucks to DIVAS. Nice Raider fit though. Hard Knocks. LOL

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown has told the Raiders he will "not play football again" if the league does not allow him to wear his preferred helmet.

Brown has reportedly played hooky from the team since late last week. It was believed he had left to seek a second opinion on his injured feet (he's dealing with severe frostbite from a cryotherapy mishap in France), but apparently the real reason for his absence is that Brown is unhappy over the league's new helmet requirements, a sticking point that has led to a "disconnect" between AB and his bewildered teammates. According to Schefter, Brown feels other helmets impede his vision and has flatly rejected any of the alternatives the Raiders have offered him. The seven-time Pro Bowler filed a grievance over the league's new helmet policy, which will be heard next week. Brown is a ticking time bomb right now.

11 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

This is why you dont give big bucks to DIVAS. Nice Raider fit though. Hard Knocks. LOL

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Antonio Brown has told the Raiders he will "not play football again" if the league does not allow him to wear his preferred helmet.

Brown has reportedly played hooky from the team since late last week. It was believed he had left to seek a second opinion on his injured feet (he's dealing with severe frostbite from a cryotherapy mishap in France), but apparently the real reason for his absence is that Brown is unhappy over the league's new helmet requirements, a sticking point that has led to a "disconnect" between AB and his bewildered teammates. According to Schefter, Brown feels other helmets impede his vision and has flatly rejected any of the alternatives the Raiders have offered him. The seven-time Pro Bowler filed a grievance over the league's new helmet policy, which will be heard next week. Brown is a ticking time bomb right now.

I couldn't love it any more.  Not. One. Bit.  

Cali Chief has it correct. In todays NFL backs are a dime a dozen. Paying Bell was crazy. This is a pass first league and opens it up for backs especially with Mahomes & Reid.

Look around the league and you see unknown, un-drafted guys suddenly kicking but. Probably why Dallas does not really want to pay Elliot.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Cali Chief has it correct. In todays NFL backs are a dime a dozen. Paying Bell was crazy. This is a pass first league and opens it up for backs especially with Mahomes & Reid.

Look around the league and you see unknown, un-drafted guys suddenly kicking but. Probably why Dallas does not really want to pay Elliot.

Especially in Reid’s offense. He’s gonna get in a gap or get you a free release.

Pete Sweeney @pgsween
FollowFollow @pgsween
More

Pete Sweeney Retweeted Brandon Kiley

Andy Reid seemingly always starts camp with the veterans and then begins moving the depth chart at about this time. My guess is Thornhill doesn’t look back.

Pete Sweeney added,

Brandon Kiley @BKSportsTalk
Juan Thornhill is in with the starting defense next to Tyrann Mathieu.
7:29 AM - 12 Aug 2019

·
Adam Teicher

Thornhill running with starters at safety in team drills. Sorensen with the backups. First time I can remember seeing this at camp.

Nick Jacobs

Thornhill stride for stride with Hill. Mahomes chucks it deep to his outside shoulder. Sun in their eyes and Hill found the ball late to his outside shoulder and couldn’t adjust. The key part is Thornhill stride for stride with Hill at full speed. #Chiefs

1 minute ago, Mloe68 said:
·
Adam Teicher

Thornhill running with starters at safety in team drills. Sorensen with the backups. First time I can remember seeing this at camp.

Nick Jacobs

Thornhill stride for stride with Hill. Mahomes chucks it deep to his outside shoulder. Sun in their eyes and Hill found the ball late to his outside shoulder and couldn’t adjust. The key part is Thornhill stride for stride with Hill at full speed. #Chiefs

Veach first two draft picks look like BIG WINNERS & difference makers this season!

-4hPuVAi_normal.jpg
Curt Menefee

@curtmenefee
· 52m
Spent time with @Chiefs today. I knew they were going to be good this season, but they’re honestly even better/deeper than I thought!! If they don’t get hurt, offense may set @NFL records. And defense is improved. My pick to win AFC.

5 minutes ago, jetlord said:

There's a surprise.  I thought Yelden and Bell were having good camps.   Glad Caldwell got a chance to flash in front of his home town. 

Garner is an H-back type.  Lovett has a sore shoulder and hasn't been practicing.

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

There's a surprise.  I thought Yelden and Bell were having good camps.   Glad Caldwell got a chance to flash in front of his home town. 

Yep Lee’s Summit kid who just appeared off the charts ecstatic after the game. Tough league here, but at least he got an Artowhead TD!

1 hour ago, xen said:

Garner is an H-back type.  Lovett has a sore shoulder and hasn't been practicing.

Question is why do we need a backup Hback type?  I know he was here before so maybe Andy just wants to kick the tires coming off an ACL. But just seems a bit odd to me anyway. 

Archived