Training Camp Updates 2019

Breeland Speaks sighting! I’m the first five plays of ones-on-ones, Speaks busted a screen play & comes up with a pick on a Mahomes pass to the flats. Probably Speaks’ best sequence of #Chiefs camp.

Breeland Speaks... defensive machine. A few plays after knocking the ball away with a nice thud on Sammy Watkins, he picked off Patrick Mahomes. #Chiefs

0 replies2 retweets16 likes

Retweet

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Breeland Speaks sighting! I’m the first five plays of ones-on-ones, Speaks busted a screen play & comes up with a pick on a Mahomes pass to the flats. Probably Speaks’ best sequence of #Chiefs camp.

Breeland Speaks... defensive machine. A few plays after knocking the ball away with a nice thud on Sammy Watkins, he picked off Patrick Mahomes. #Chiefs

0 replies2 retweets16 likes

Retweet

Cornerback problem solved!!!

From Nate Taylor...

Cody Thompson has dropped just two passes in all of training camp. In the Chiefs’ one-on-one passing drills between wide receivers and defensive backs, Thompson has beaten every veteran defender except safety Tyrann Mathieu.

5 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

From Nate Taylor...

Cody Thompson has dropped just two passes in all of training camp. In the Chiefs’ one-on-one passing drills between wide receivers and defensive backs, Thompson has beaten every veteran defender except safety Tyrann Mathieu.

SmartSelect_20190813-141446_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20190813-141512_Chrome.jpg

13 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

He's got a T Rex spider chart.  Big strong fast dude with little tiny arms. 

He's clearly a good athlete and has some real quickness. But some of those key markers teams look for he falls short especially 40 time. But if you read his story its hard not to like and respect the kid. He doesn't drop passes including all three thrown his way on Saturday and had a few nice special teams blocks as well.  I think he has a chance make his way onto an NFL roster and make a difference at some point. Tough sledding to make our roster at WR even keeping 6. I'm rooting for him though. 

16 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Question is why do we need a backup Hback type?  I know he was here before so maybe Andy just wants to kick the tires coming off an ACL. But just seems a bit odd to me anyway. 

There may not even be a roster spot for a healthy Lovett so Garner seems a waste.  No way would I expect him to make the final roster. 

Mahomes just took a deep shot over the top to Hardman. Looked like it was going to come open late, but Hardman didn’t see the ball coming his way & quit on the route early. Mahomes shouted, “YOU GOTTA RUN!” First time I’ve been able to hear Mahomes in the media tent

With Okafor and Clark out its good to see our 2 second round picks actually look like they are winning legitimate roles on the team. That's progress. Brendon Daly may need to get some team MVP votes when all this is over. We will see. 

oKlasyCo_bigger.jpg
No. 1 D-line starts left to right with Kpassagnon, Jones, Nnadi and Speaks.

21 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

What about all the Ints Mahomes is throwing?

🤗

21 hours ago, reesebobby said:

That's what I was thinking.  Regression city. 

It's worse than that, I hear Keenum has thrown ZERO interceptions in Broncos' camp this year.

8 minutes ago, Calichief said:

He loved scheming his LB’s onto the other teams #1 WR

Justin Houston guarding Antonio brown, 1v1, 30 yards down the field in the divisional playoff round. This was while he had the brace on his knee too. 

That Sutton really didn't give a fuck

5 minutes ago, Chiefmanzada said:

Justin Houston guarding Antonio brown, 1v1, 30 yards down the field in the divisional playoff round. This was while he had the brace on his knee too. 

That Sutton really didn't give a fuck

Clueless.

Dating the Newbies. Thats what we are currently doing. New players and coaches all look refreshing with unlimited potential. Its like that first date. The old date is all negative replaced by a new and exciting person. Next comes the going steady process. .........Always interesting to see how long the marriage will last. Today I think I am falling in love with this new defense, new players and coaches....after game 1? Game 5? Game 10? 

Archived