Training Camp Updates 2019

2 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

After this 3rd preseason game teams will start trading players, be interesting to see if the chiefs can grab another cb,lb,or te maybe giving up players at a position of strength like wr or some of our ol depth to do so

Probably not much trading of anyone having impact potential.  Hyde, Robinson, X.Williams, and Sorenson don't have much trade value and at best could net a late round pick in the future.  JMHO

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, FANATIC said:

The Kansas City Star's Brooke Pryor reports rookie Darwin Thompson has leaped Carlos Hyde on the depth chart and has been getting goal-line work with the first-team offense.

Pryor is the latest Chiefs beat writer to leave Hyde off her 53-man roster projection, keeping Thompson along with Damien and Darrel Williams. Thompson has been so good this preseason, and Hyde has been as bad as Thompson has been good. All Hyde has going for him is his veteran presence; he doesn't play special teams, either. Thompson is picking up big-time steam as a late-round fantasy pick. It's going to be tough to keep him off the field.

Maybe Darrel Williams is cut vs Hyde? 

2 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

That’s certainly possible, but I feel like the Chiefs would lean to their own - younger guy in Williams over the known quantity of Hyde. At this point in their careers Williams likely has more upside and has two full off-seasons and a regular season in the system under his belt. 

I am happy to hear Thompson is working his way up he depth chart. 

20 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Darrel is the short yardage guy and I think he is worth more than Hyde for that reason alone.  Right now, I have Hyde off the roster and unless he does something positive against the Niners, he could be cut.

1 minute ago, jetlord said:

Darrel is the short yardage guy and I think he is worth more than Hyde for that reason alone.  Right now, I have Hyde off the roster and unless he does something positive against the Niners, he could be cut.

KC may keep all four. 

Just now, FANATIC said:

KC may keep all four. 

True, I don't see Darrel being cut.  The problem is that the signing of Allen probably means they keep nine O-line and the only way four RBs fit is if the Chiefs keep only two TEs.  I think Hyde would be the obvious cut to make room. 

13 minutes ago, jetlord said:

True, I don't see Darrel being cut.  The problem is that the signing of Allen probably means they keep nine O-line and the only way four RBs fit is if the Chiefs keep only two TEs.  I think Hyde would be the obvious cut to make room. 

Perhaps. Seems they have decided one of the oline guys is not ready. I like the allen signing & think one of the current guys is gone or PS. There are always those guys available off the street if needed. Hope not needed.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Perhaps. Seems they have decided one of the oline guys is not ready. I like the allen signing & think one of the current guys is gone or PS. There are always those guys available off the street if needed. Hope not needed.

None would last on the PS.  Alligretti and McKenzie are considered high upside guys.  Allen was brought in because the Chiefs don't think those two are ready if a starter goes down.  Erving is a back up for tackle (ugh!) and will be cut next year.  I'm guessing nine O-line on the final roster with McKenzie inactive for most of the games. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Probably not much trading of anyone having impact potential.  Hyde, Robinson, X.Williams, and Sorenson don't have much trade value and at best could net a late round pick in the future.  JMHO

I was thinking along the lines of trading demarcus robinson for someones 3rd cornerback. Something like that.

or trade our 7th o lineman for your 4th linebacker to see if a scenery change could help both teams

4 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

I was thinking along the lines of trading demarcus robinson for someones 3rd cornerback. Something like that.

or trade our 7th o lineman for your 4th linebacker to see if a scenery change could help both teams

No one would trade their third CB for Robinson.  With today's schemes, the third CB is nearly a starter.  Not sure who the Chiefs' seventh lineman is.  Ogbah or X. Williams might be expendable but doubt they would net much in return.  Would the Chiefs get someone worth more than Nieman or Lee?

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Not sure anyone would even make a trade now....why trade away a draft pick when you can sign the guy off the street?

Basically teams kind of know the strong areas of other teams roster. Chiefs are strong at wr and will call a team strong at cb and say lets swap players we are going to cut so we dont have to compete to sign them as free agents 

7 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Not sure anyone would even make a trade now....why trade away a draft pick when you can sign the guy off the street?

If a team isn't giving up anything they need in exchange for a player not needed on another team, it's a win-win without risking a third team snapping up what you want.  Low risk to get some help at a needy position. 

Carlos Hyde worked exclusively with the backups at Chiefs camp Monday.

As was the case on Sunday. Damien Williams, Darwin Thompson, and Darrell Williams have all consistently received reps ahead of Hyde since the team's third preseason game, undoubtedly spelling the end of the veteran's tenure in red and white once final cuts occur Saturday. Hyde's next suitor will be his fifth team in the last two seasons. It wouldn't be shocking to see him land as Lamar Miller's replacement in Houston by this time next week.

55 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Carlos Hyde worked exclusively with the backups at Chiefs camp Monday.

As was the case on Sunday. Damien Williams, Darwin Thompson, and Darrell Williams have all consistently received reps ahead of Hyde since the team's third preseason game, undoubtedly spelling the end of the veteran's tenure in red and white once final cuts occur Saturday. Hyde's next suitor will be his fifth team in the last two seasons. It wouldn't be shocking to see him land as Lamar Miller's replacement in Houston by this time next week.

Wonder if Veach could pull off a miracle and get a 7th rounder for him from Houston. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Chiefs head into the last preseason game with 21 million in CAP space.  The most at this point since Andy Reid got here.  

Nice to use for extensions and such. Get them front loaded and able to use future cap space for players needing extension at the time like Mahomes.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Nice to use for extensions and such. Get them front loaded and able to use future cap space for players needing extension at the time like Mahomes.

Yes. Lots of recent players released and free agents. Would you sign any of those guys?

Archived