Training Camp Updates 2019

32 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Not obsessed, replied to a statement. Almost every time I post anything in CTO, someone who has pretty much zero argument has to reference the Ravens.

Who is really obsessed?

Not jealous of Mahomes- I marvel at his athletic ability. He is everything I have preached for in my years of coaching Lacrosse- a gifted athlete who played all sports instead of just one. His no look passes are a product of his baseball skills, its just turning 2 as a middle infielder. His scrambling around in and out of the pocket are him playing basketball pick up. His concentration under pressure is playing golf. He is a gift. I long have railed against specialization by youth athletes- glad he didn't.

The Chiefs? Nahh....

Duh, you're a ravens fan.  Of course we're gonna bring up your shitty team.  Is this your first time on the internets?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, xen said:

Duh, you're a ravens fan.  Of course we're gonna bring up your shitty team.  Is this your first time on the internets?

I keep it CTO as the title of the thread indicates. You yourself have warned me about that. Double standard?

PSST- My "Shitty" team has won two (2) Super Bowls in the last 19 years....yours?

Just now, Handswarmer said:

I keep it CTO as the title of the thread indicates. You yourself have warned me about that. Double standard?

Only where ravens fans are concerned.

Better play nice though.  Arrowhead is lurking.  His ban hand is strong.

tumblr_ow77uqOiXo1vjt27lo1_400.gif

6 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Like I said, Zone coverage, Busted play, scrambling QB, best WR in the League. What else do you want?

See above. My comment "Stay with your man" is in reference to peeking in the backfield or looking at the line of scrimmage.

Our Offense sucked? Lamar had a higher passer rating than Patrick, one less INT (0) and we ran for almost 200 yds. Ok, thats suckage? No idea where you got that from.

No you didn't say anything about Tyreek being a good receiver.  You just said it was the wrong coverage and a slow as shit guy covering that you didn't resign because he was so bad.  And I didn't say your offense sucked.  Somebody may have, but I didn't.   But if you are going to use passer rating to compare the two quarterbacks for that game then I think you should switch to watching basketball.   

40 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

No you didn't say anything about Tyreek being a good receiver.  You just said it was the wrong coverage and a slow as shit guy covering that you didn't resign because he was so bad.  And I didn't say your offense sucked.  Somebody may have, but I didn't.   But if you are going to use passer rating to compare the two quarterbacks for that game then I think you should switch to watching basketball.   

I have always said Hill was a good/great Receiver. Father and Person? Jury is still out.

Not saying it was the wrong coverage- said it was Zone. Yes someone else said they sucked.

Just pointed out the high Passer rating because that was what everyone busted on Flacco for....but the dude just won.

Hate basketball

51 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

I will say it is laughable compared to ours. Compared to other teams though would be a case by case basis.

MVPat is one of the top 3 QB's no doubt. and I only say top 3 and not best because it was one season. I do not doubt he can replicate last season. Just want to see him do it first before his coronation.

Yet you're very high on Jackson with "no worries" even though he played the position sub-par in his limited action last season.  I'm not bagging on you... you're looking through purple colored glasses the same as many of us view our Chiefs through rose colored (red) glasses.  

16 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Yet you're very high on Jackson with "no worries" even though he played the position sub-par in his limited action last season.  I'm not bagging on you... you're looking through purple colored glasses the same as many of us view our Chiefs through rose colored (red) glasses.  

Going by what is reported at Camp by people who cover the team, national media and what I saw with my own two eyes.

16 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

Yep.  Hope is eternal this time of year. 

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, there's never any overoptimistic reports from a training camp. 

Yeah, just read all the posts in here..."He's a beast!" 6000 yds and 60 TDs!

LOL

19 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

You're completely missing the point.  The statement about the Raven's offense sucking was ONLY to debunk your argument that the Chiefs offesnse - though rated #1 in every meaningful statistical category - was not truly number 1 because they lost games to the Rams and Patriots.  My point was that you would not agree that the Chiefs defense is/was better than the Raven's D because they won the game and held the Raven's offense to fewer points than the Raven's D held the Chiefs offense.  I don't know if you truly don't understand how ridiculous your statement is or if you're just jerking with me.  Either way, your original statement is as whack as you are.

You know what they say about arguing with idiots right?  "Don't ever do it, they bring you down to their level!!!!"

10 hours ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, there's never any overoptimistic reports from a training camp. 

I guarantee after watching a month of Hard Knocks, I might even start believing the Raiders are a legit Super Bowl team. The league and each club have to try and sell optimism across the board.  

41 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

LOL

How many people on this board say that? Give me a break.  Then again if anyone would have suggested 50 and 5000 last year, pretty sure you would have laughed too.  One MVP season later it seams the bar has moved a lot. But let’s not be ridiculous.  

Typical Press BS Post. I listened to that Reid interview. He did not seem frustrated with Williams at all. Stated it gave other guys some reps. Glad he is back at it today.

Damien Williams (hamstring) returned to practice Wednesday.

Williams missed 10 days of work after going down early in training camp. Coach Andy Reid sounded frustrated when discussing the injury last week, but Williams is good to go well ahead of Week 1 and just needs to avoid setbacks. That's always easier said than done with hamstrings. However, Williams should be right back in the back-end RB1 mix when the season kicks off.

12 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

How many people on this board say that? Give me a break.  Then again if anyone would have suggested 50 and 5000 last year, pretty sure you would have laughed too.  One MVP season later it seams the bar has moved a lot. But let’s not be ridiculous.  

I have been on this board for 16 years- I have heard it every year. No, I would not have laughed at 5000/50. I saw Reid's offense in Philly- look what he did with Alex....with Mahomes it was a matter of time. I used to always say that DJ would look great in Ravens uniform. Brandon Carr has been an awesome CB here in Baltimore- I liked him when he was paired with Flowers there. Priest Holmes left here and flourished under DV. I can appreciate good players.

Its the comments on the other guys that never pan out that make me laugh- see "Grigsby, Boomer"

🤣

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

LOL

I would tend to agree with this. 60 tds and 5500 yards.

if the defense can improve slightly to middle of the pack, then all the extra possessions for pat could lead to this..

chiefs could average about 40ppg this year.

just saying 

12 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I would tend to agree with this. 60 tds and 5500 yards.

if the defense can improve slightly to middle of the pack, then all the extra possessions for pat could lead to this..

chiefs could average about 40ppg this year.

just saying 

Only two teams were above 30 ppg on avg for 2018- KC (35.3) and La (32.9) so avg 40 would mean 16+ more touchdowns

Very optimistic

Archived