Training Camp Updates 2019

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Yeah, just read all the posts in here..."He's a beast!" 6000 yds and 60 TDs!

LOL

So a few people get carried away, but it's based on past performance, not on TC reports.  IIRC, folks were going nutso last year at this time because reports out of TC were that Mahomes was throwing excessive interceptions.  Reports out of training camp are fun to read and interesting to see who's moving up or down, but they're not very predictive on how a team or individual players are going to play once the season begins. 

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Typical Press BS Post. I listened to that Reid interview. He did not seem frustrated with Williams at all. Stated it gave other guys some reps. Glad he is back at it today.

I really doubt Andy is that frustrated about any player being out a month before the regular season. But I'm sure there are concerns about Williams being able to hold up over the course of an entire season and this doesn't help. Consider his career high in carries is only 50. Andy has proven he can make about any RB work in his system. But if Im playing the Chiefs, I'm flooding the secondary and making us prove we can run it. We need Williams to be a warrior and keep himself on the field. I also don't see any way this isn't a committee approach this way to help him do it. 

s61w62LZ_bigger.jpg
And Juan Thornhill just intercepted Patrick Mahomes on a deep throw intended for Tyreek Hill.
Quote Tweet

s61w62LZ_normal.jpg
Nate Taylor
@ByNateTaylor
· 54m
Juan Thornhill has been consistent in anticipating the throws from both Patrick Mahomes & Chad Henne. A really good sign this far into camp.

34 minutes ago, Calichief said:

I would tend to agree with this. 60 tds and 5500 yards.

if the defense can improve slightly to middle of the pack, then all the extra possessions for pat could lead to this..

chiefs could average about 40ppg this year.

just saying 

Does a better defense really mean more points on offense?  Better defense means fewer shoot outs and maybe fewer deep plays on offense.  The Chiefs can short pass their way down the field in five minute drives with occasional bombs if the defense does its job.  There may be more 30-24 games and fewer 40-38.  The offense can be explosive when called upon, but Reid is a master at passes to RBs and possession passes to Kelce.  Just the threat of Hill and Watkins makes the rest of the offense potent. 

3 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Does a better defense really mean more points on offense?  Better defense means fewer shoot outs and maybe fewer deep plays on offense.  The Chiefs can short pass their way down the field in five minute drives with occasional bombs if the defense does its job.  There may be more 30-24 games and fewer 40-38.  The offense can be explosive when called upon, but Reid is a master at passes to RBs and possession passes to Kelce.  Just the threat of Hill and Watkins makes the rest of the offense potent. 

Or more 40 to 24 games? Mahomes with 60 tds this season.

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Just having fun.

so literal jet 

45 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I will say our lack of a proven physical short yardage runner might actually increase red zone passing TD potential. But overall if defense can get to anywhere near average, we can expect Andy to try and milk leads more.  

Odds are pretty good with any luck with health this will be an unbelievably explosive offense. Moreso than last year. And yet we score fewer points.  

Sounds like Juan Thornhill is having a great TC.  I usually don't buy into that stuff, but I thought he was a steal in the draft that got overlooked b/c he isn't a CB.

I think Thornhill and Mathieu could line up as a nickel CBs if needed.  Mathieu for sure can & I'm pretty sure Thornhill did a little bit in college.

I know CB is a concern, but the Safeties were worse than the CBs last year and it looks like the Safties will be much better this year.  Improved Safety play and the new scheme change will help our coverage out immensely.

Plus, if the DL is as good as it's been reported at camp, the front 7 will be all over the QB in pass rush.

On Khalil McKenzie...seems we have some real progress on our high upside potential guard. Still a year away from competing in earnest for a starting job

68VE_CWn_bigger.jpg

How far his (McKenzie's) anchor and hand placement have come are encouraging. Once he has those in place it is really tough to move him. He can be a backup without a problem. Im just thinking he will have some growing pains on the field which is to be expected. OL typically take 2-3 years to develop out of college unless they already have good foundations in technique or awesome OL coaches that are great teachers.

9 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I have been on this board for 16 years- I have heard it every year. No, I would not have laughed at 5000/50. I saw Reid's offense in Philly- look what he did with Alex....with Mahomes it was a matter of time. I used to always say that DJ would look great in Ravens uniform. Brandon Carr has been an awesome CB here in Baltimore- I liked him when he was paired with Flowers there. Priest Holmes left here and flourished under DV. I can appreciate good players.

Its the comments on the other guys that never pan out that make me laugh- see "Grigsby, Boomer"

🤣

And pretty sure if I was on a Ravens board I would read how great Lamar is. But hay I don't want to hear that so I don't go to the ravens board. Pretty sure every year fans get excited for players that never pan out. But you getting bent/bothered on are hopes of fans of another team seems self inflicted.

11 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Its the comments on the other guys that never pan out that make me laugh- see "Grigsby, Boomer"

🤣

Now wait a damn minute right there! I have an autographed Boomer Grigsby jersey that is currently worth $27. They told me it would be worth $35 if I could scrub the autograph off and put Ray Ray Davis on the back, but that’s beside the point!

12 hours ago, Troyofoc said:

And pretty sure if I was on a Ravens board I would read how great Lamar is. But hay I don't want to hear that so I don't go to the ravens board. Pretty sure every year fans get excited for players that never pan out. But you getting bent/bothered on are hopes of fans of another team seems self inflicted.

You missed my point- it doesn't bother me. It was more of a "Stop overhyping these guys", approach with caution. That is all.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

You missed my point- it doesn't bother me. It was more of a "Stop overhyping these guys", approach with caution. That is all.

No we get it.  Other people aren't fanning correctly.  They're having badwrongfun and you don't like it.

Thanks for the advice.

Archived