Training Camp Updates 2019

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/2/2019 at 4:47 PM, TomahawkChop said:

That's an unfair assessment.  The secondary may still suck, but you're smart enough (maybe?) to know that a 7 on 7 play heavily favors the offense because there is little to no pass-rush.  With nobody in his face, even your boy Jackson might be able to complete a pass like this.  Well, maybe not - but you get my point.

Of course- Lamar is making great strides in camp I have zero worries. http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41071872-4

1 hour ago, TomahawkChop said:

Chiefs offense: #1 in scoring and total yards > any team not ranked #1 (which includes the Rams and Patriots). 

Did the Chiefs beat the Rams? 3 interceptions in the last 18 minutes of the game.

Until the Chiefs beat them, it doesn't matter where they are ranked.

Patriots went straight down the field "Oh, but that's not on the Offense- that's on the defense!" you cry....Offense punted a lot in that game.

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

True- but stay with your man

Of course with the game on the line, you had 3 guys who couldn't stay with Tyreek. It's much easier said than done when you have a QB that can get the ball anywhere and WRs fast enough to get there. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

Of course with the game on the line, you had 3 guys who couldn't stay with Tyreek. It's much easier said than done when you have a QB that can get the ball anywhere and WRs fast enough to get there. 

On a scramble drill, they also were in Zone, not man. The closest person to Hill is LB CJ Mosely. Not a great cover guy- thats why the Ravens did not re-sign him (or try to break the bank doing so)

1 hour ago, Calichief said:

All bs aside, until we see it, our secondary does suck.

I'd have to agree with that. I'm a little optimistic about Ward but we won't know until the season starts and he's playing as a starter from the beginning.  

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

On a scramble drill, they also were in Zone, not man. The closest person to Hill is LB CJ Mosely. Not a great cover guy- thats why the Ravens did not re-sign him (or try to break the bank doing so)

Stay with your man applies. You had THREE guys chasing him and pretty much everyone in the building knew he was likely the primary target. Its almost comedic watching that replay as he just runs away from them all (Mosely, Jimmy Smith AND some other corner I don't know). And Tyreek was playing with a bad foot on top of that. 

25 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Stay with your man applies. You had THREE guys chasing him and pretty much everyone in the building knew he was likely the primary target. Its almost comedic watching that replay as he just runs away from them all (Mosely, Jimmy Smith AND some other corner I don't know). And Tyreek was playing with a bad foot on top of that. 

Potatos, Potatoes. You say, "You had THREE guys chasing him" etc, because it wakes your guy look more awesome. Good on ya.

Zone coverage, a slow as shit MLB is the closest person. Jimmie Smith CB is outside playing his zone. #36 is Chuck Clark, a safety. But do go on....

3 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Potatos, Potatoes. You say, "You had THREE guys chasing him" etc, because it wakes your guy look more awesome. Good on ya.

Zone coverage, a slow as shit MLB is the closest person. Jimmie Smith CB is outside playing his zone. #36 is Chuck Clark, a safety. But do go on....

So your point is that Tyreek is easy to stay with then?

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

If you really want me too. So they had a linebacker (what linebacker in the NFL can run with Tyreek?), a corner AND a safety all within a few yards of Tyreek but none of them could get to him or the ball to make a play at the most critical point of the entire game. And you want to give our corner crap for not staying with his man with no safety help? That's the point. 

3 hours ago, jetlord said:

Only half of it.  The safety positions should be much better.  Don't see much change in the CB quality.  Gotta be hoping for an addition after the cuts. 

I have no doubt. And I’m a firm believer in ward. I think he’s a stud in the making.

my post was to support, “the until we see it”, the rankings fit crowd..

7 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Did the Chiefs beat the Rams? 3 interceptions in the last 18 minutes of the game.

Until the Chiefs beat them, it doesn't matter where they are ranked.

Patriots went straight down the field "Oh, but that's not on the Offense- that's on the defense!" you cry....Offense punted a lot in that game.

You're going pretty far afield to support your half-witted position.  If the Raven's D is ranked #1 and loses to a team because your offense sucks, does that mean the defense of the winning team is better than the Ravens?  So the Chiefs defense is clearly better than the Ravens D since the Chiefs D gave up fewer points to the Ravens O than the Ravens D gave up to the Chiefs offense?  Sound logic, Hands.  Solid litigation right there...

I am so worried about Fuller. He should be our best CB. PFF said he was one of the worst in the slot and one of the best outside. I put no stock in their metrics and slot is where he made his mark. But everything I here on the radio is that he is getting toasted. Man, is it a confidence thing? How do we get that stud that played in Washington?

19 minutes ago, DieHard said:

I am so worried about Fuller. He should be our best CB. PFF said he was one of the worst in the slot and one of the best outside. I put no stock in their metrics and slot is where he made his mark. But everything I here on the radio is that he is getting toasted. Man, is it a confidence thing? How do we get that stud that played in Washington?

Spagnuolo plans to keep him at slot.  It's an interesting decision.

Meh slot corners tend to be up and down over multiple years.  The year before in Washington he was the highest graded slot in the NFL.  He's likely the best choice for how much Spags asks out of his slot and it's definitely a starting position considering how much he'll be on the field.

16 hours ago, reesebobby said:

So your point is that Tyreek is easy to stay with then?

Like I said, Zone coverage, Busted play, scrambling QB, best WR in the League. What else do you want?

15 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

If you really want me too. So they had a linebacker (what linebacker in the NFL can run with Tyreek?), a corner AND a safety all within a few yards of Tyreek but none of them could get to him or the ball to make a play at the most critical point of the entire game. And you want to give our corner crap for not staying with his man with no safety help? That's the point. 

See above. My comment "Stay with your man" is in reference to peeking in the backfield or looking at the line of scrimmage.

12 hours ago, TomahawkChop said:

You're going pretty far afield to support your half-witted position.  If the Raven's D is ranked #1 and loses to a team because your offense sucks, does that mean the defense of the winning team is better than the Ravens?  So the Chiefs defense is clearly better than the Ravens D since the Chiefs D gave up fewer points to the Ravens O than the Ravens D gave up to the Chiefs offense?  Sound logic, Hands.  Solid litigation right there...

Our Offense sucked? Lamar had a higher passer rating than Patrick, one less INT (0) and we ran for almost 200 yds. Ok, thats suckage? No idea where you got that from.

11 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Like I said, Zone coverage, Busted play, scrambling QB, best WR in the League. What else do you want?

See above. My comment "Stay with your man" is in reference to peeking in the backfield or looking at the line of scrimmage.

Our Offense sucked? Lamar had a higher passer rating than Patrick, one less INT (0) and we ran for almost 200 yds. Ok, thats suckage? No idea where you got that from.

Lamar had 1 less INT in 170 passing attempts compared to 580 attempts than Mahomes. Mahomes had many more TDs, yards, QBR etc. I think anyone in their right mind would take that over a slight 1 int and a bit higher passing rating in 410 less attempts. Everyone figures that Mahomes will be figured out and how to stop him, but I would think Lamar would be the easier one to figure out. Teams need to stop his running and force him to think and throw the ball more, then see what happens.

Archived