Training Camp Updates 2019

41 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Lamar had 1 less INT in 170 passing attempts compared to 580 attempts than Mahomes. Mahomes had many more TDs, yards, QBR etc. I think anyone in their right mind would take that over a slight 1 int and a bit higher passing rating in 410 less attempts. Everyone figures that Mahomes will be figured out and how to stop him, but I would think Lamar would be the easier one to figure out. Teams need to stop his running and force him to think and throw the ball more, then see what happens.

I was talking about the one game, not the season.

But as far as Lamar goes....

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/04/baltimore-ravens-2019-training-camp-earl-thomas-lamar-jackson-dropping-dimes/

In joint practice with Jags, Lamar Jackson was 15-of-22 (68.1 percent) during 7-on-7/team drills. Jackson started off hot, connecting on 9 of his first 10 throws before tailing off. Overall, he's throwing the ball with a lot of confidence in training camp.

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2019/08/baltimore-ravens-training-camp-notes-lamar-jackson-remains-sharp-and-gets-creative.html

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2019/08/04/baltimore-ravens-2019-training-camp-earl-thomas-lamar-jackson-dropping-dimes/

In joint practice with Jags, Lamar Jackson was 15-of-22 (68.1 percent) during 7-on-7/team drills. Jackson started off hot, connecting on 9 of his first 10 throws before tailing off. Overall, he's throwing the ball with a lot of confidence in training camp.

https://www.pennlive.com/baltimore-ravens/2019/08/baltimore-ravens-training-camp-notes-lamar-jackson-remains-sharp-and-gets-creative.html

ahh, I thought season. My bad. I take the pre season with a grain of salt. Once the pads are on and teams are playing against you, those same teams will not take it easy by any means. Last year during pre season people were bitching about the number of interceptions that Mahomes was throwing, we saw how it worked out when it meant something.

23 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

ahh, I thought season. My bad. I take the pre season with a grain of salt. Once the pads are on and teams are playing against you, those same teams will not take it easy by any means. Last year during pre season people were bitching about the number of interceptions that Mahomes was throwing, we saw how it worked out when it meant something.

True but the Ravens had a joint practice with the Jags yesterday and went in pads against their #1's on defense in 11 on 11. While not tackling to the ground, they were hitting. LJ was shredding them. Bouye was his favorite target- PFF had him at #7 on their preseason list of CB's right below Peterson.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

Weren't you just jagging off about Mahomes throwing with no rush.  I believe the quote was something about I could make that throw with no rush.  Spoiler alert, I couldn't.  

45 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

True but the Ravens had a joint practice with the Jags yesterday and went in pads against their #1's on defense in 11 on 11. While not tackling to the ground, they were hitting. LJ was shredding them. Bouye was his favorite target- PFF had him at #7 on their preseason list of CB's right below Peterson.

tenor (2).gif

Ian Rapoport

@RapSheet

·

19m

#Texans CB Lonnie Johnson, bounced from the #Packers joint practice yesterday after his big hit/posedown combination, is not at practice with his teammates today. He’s currently working out in the field house and coach Bill O’Brien will address his situation afterward.

I wonder if they would be open to trading him? 

40 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

So they are both great with no rush....

Meh mahomes has done it under pressure when it counts.   Highest graded (and rating) QB under pressure last year, most successful big time throws under pressure (pff), highest clean pocket rating, and highest rating throwing from the run.  Highest graded on 3rd and 4th down as well.  https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-nfls-best-quarterbacks-under-pressure

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Meh mahomes has done it under pressure when it counts.   Highest graded (and rating) QB under pressure last year, most successful big time throws under pressure (pff), highest clean pocket rating, and highest rating throwing from the run.  Highest graded on 3rd and 4th down as well.  https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-nfls-best-quarterbacks-under-pressure

Hook.Line.Sinker

😎

3 minutes ago, xen said:

Facts don't count!

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Like I said, Zone coverage, Busted play, scrambling QB, best WR in the League. What else do you want?

See above. My comment "Stay with your man" is in reference to peeking in the backfield or looking at the line of scrimmage.

Our Offense sucked? Lamar had a higher passer rating than Patrick, one less INT (0) and we ran for almost 200 yds. Ok, thats suckage? No idea where you got that from.

Nice pivot.  The play of the Raven's offense wasn't the main point and only referenced to emphasize the overall counterpoint I was making to your "Chiefs offense is not #1 because they lost to the Rams and Patriots".  It's a ludicrous position that you would immediately (and did) rebuff when the tables are turned on your team losing the Chiefs defense that held the Raven's to fewer points that the Chiefs scored.  It applies both ways, or it doesn't apply at all.  I've seen some beauties from your arguments over the years, but this one may take the cake.

25 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Nice pivot.  The play of the Raven's offense wasn't the main point and only referenced to emphasize the overall counterpoint I was making to your "Chiefs offense is not #1 because they lost to the Rams and Patriots".  It's a ludicrous position that you would immediately (and did) rebuff when the tables are turned on your team losing the Chiefs defense that held the Raven's to fewer points that the Chiefs scored.  It applies both ways, or it doesn't apply at all.  I've seen some beauties from your arguments over the years, but this one may take the cake.

I answered three different posters- you lump them all together. Nice. But thank you!

Just now, Handswarmer said:

I answered three different posters- you lump them all together. Nice. But thank you!

Nope. I literally only responded to your third point. I made no reference to you "busted play" or "stay with your man" comments.  Only your ludicrous reference to the Ravens' offense's performance when playing the Chiefs. 

Keep shoveling.... the hole keeps getting deeper.  Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, TomahawkChop said:

Nope. I literally only responded to your third point. I made no reference to you "busted play" or "stay with your man" comments.  Only your ludicrous reference to the Ravens' offense's performance when playing the Chiefs. 

Keep shoveling.... the hole keeps getting deeper.  Thank you. 

You said the Offense sucked- I disagreed. Lamar had a better Passer rating than Patrick MVP, one less INT, almost 200 yds passing, lost in OT by a FG. I even wrote, "Ok, that's suckage?"

16 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

You said the Offense sucked- I disagreed. Lamar had a better Passer rating than Patrick MVP, one less INT, almost 200 yds passing, lost in OT by a FG. I even wrote, "Ok, that's suckage?"

Why are you so obsessed with one regular season game that you lost.  Your jealousy of Mahomes and the chiefs is palpable.

23 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Sounds like it sucked.  🤣

8 minutes ago, xen said:

Why are you so obsessed with one regular season game that you lost.  Your jealousy of Mahomes and the chiefs is palpable.

Not obsessed, replied to a statement. Almost every time I post anything in CTO, someone who has pretty much zero argument has to reference the Ravens.

Who is really obsessed?

Not jealous of Mahomes- I marvel at his athletic ability. He is everything I have preached for in my years of coaching Lacrosse- a gifted athlete who played all sports instead of just one. His no look passes are a product of his baseball skills, its just turning 2 as a middle infielder. His scrambling around in and out of the pocket are him playing basketball pick up. His concentration under pressure is playing golf. He is a gift. I long have railed against specialization by youth athletes- glad he didn't.

The Chiefs? Nahh....

5 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

See above. My comment "Stay with your man" is in reference to peeking in the backfield or looking at the line of scrimmage.

So what you are saying is what Jimmy Smith does at the :45 mark vs Chris Conley yesterday is NOT what you want to do...

4 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Not hitting the QB though.  And Jackson knows that,  so he is more comfortable. 

Weekend observation from Nate Christensen (Arrowhead Guys film analyst)

Frank Clark is dominant. I don’t care what anyone else says, the man is an absolute force playing football. Today he bullied Eric Fisher and Cam Erving on nearly every rep, and when the OL/DL drills were going on, Clark was the best player out of either side. The Chiefs view Clark as a potential Defensive Player of the Year candidate, and I promise you that he actually is that good at times. I don’t know if he will get it with Aaron Donald and Khalil Mack ahead of him as pass rushers, but Clark looks better this year, with the help of Chris Jones, than he did in Seattle last season.

57 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

You're completely missing the point.  The statement about the Raven's offense sucking was ONLY to debunk your argument that the Chiefs offesnse - though rated #1 in every meaningful statistical category - was not truly number 1 because they lost games to the Rams and Patriots.  My point was that you would not agree that the Chiefs defense is/was better than the Raven's D because they won the game and held the Raven's offense to fewer points than the Raven's D held the Chiefs offense.  I don't know if you truly don't understand how ridiculous your statement is or if you're just jerking with me.  Either way, your original statement is as whack as you are.

1 minute ago, TomahawkChop said:

You're completely missing the point.  The statement about the Raven's offense sucking was ONLY to debunk your argument that the Chiefs offesnse - though rated #1 in every meaningful statistical category - was not truly number 1 because they lost games to the Rams and Patriots.  My point was that you would not agree that the Chiefs defense is/was better than the Raven's D because they won the game and held the Raven's offense to fewer points than the Raven's D held the Chiefs offense.  I don't know if you truly don't understand how ridiculous your statement is or if you're just jerking with me.  Either way, your original statement is as whack as you are.

Hey! Don't judge! I'm pretty okay.....average at best....

Archived