• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Overall Dorsey was bad at resignings. He never took advantage of the timing or persuaded the players to get paid less while still getting a big contract. I don't mind extending LDT but we should have done it for less, the same goes for Fisher who was extended with 2 more years of team control and was still a top paid player 3 years after the extension. Kelce was probably the only good extension that worked out as hoped.

He was good at finding talent but definitely should have stayed out of the financial side as some GMs do.

4 hours ago, sith13 said:

Overall Dorsey was bad at resignings. He never took advantage of the timing or persuaded the players to get paid less while still getting a big contract. I don't mind extending LDT but we should have done it for less, the same goes for Fisher who was extended with 2 more years of team control and was still a top paid player 3 years after the extension. Kelce was probably the only good extension that worked out as hoped.

He was good at finding talent but definitely should have stayed out of the financial side as some GMs do.

Well he did good with Schwartz coming here on the cheap. LDT will need to play a whole season this year.

46 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

Maybe he should talk to...a doctor.

#GetIt?  #TheJokeIsThatHeIsADoctor

Maybe his absences have to do with the fact that he knows when a pain indicates rest and healling rather than playing through the pain.  The  macho guys might stay on the field, but then they end up with chronic problems that decrease performance, even though they stay on the field.  Have you considered that?  There is an awful lot of pressure on guys to stay on the field or lose their careers. Pressure on the trainers and team docs to do that also.  As a physician, he has a backup career in front of him.  I think his decision to miss more time might mean that his awareness of what things require rest are based on his own knowledge of what it feels like, whereas the team trainers and physicians are under pressure to get players back on the field.  As a result, I give LDT a pass on this one. He is awfully good when he is out there.

Although I am old, all of the physical therapy courses I have taken for back pain and shoulder pain have included caution that "if it hurts while doing it, back off."  I have found they are right.

4 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

It's an interesting hypothesis, but my post was 100% joke and not at all intended to be critical of him.

And it was a good joke. I got it.  But it was an opportunity to make that point with others who expressed impatience in a real way.

1 minute ago, Fmbl2187 said:

And it was a good joke. I got it.  But it was an opportunity to make that point with others who expressed impatience in a real way.

Well, who you were directing it at could have been more clear.  I'm here for both the jokes and the serious conversations but don't like when they're mistaken for each other.

Just now, Adamixoye said:

Well, who you were directing it at could have been more clear.  I'm here for both the jokes and the serious conversations but don't like when they're mistaken for each other.

I don't either.  Duly noted.  BTW, I am here at least as much for the jokes, because the rest of it is mostly underinformed speculation.

He might be overpaid, but when you have a franchise quarterback, you take care of him.  If they think LDT is the best guy for the job then I'm good with getting him signed.  There are injuries and there are injuries.  A broken leg is different than back problems or concussions.  It's too early to call him injury prone. 

16 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

That wasn't even the worst contract Dorsey wrote that month.  It's tame compared to the shit deal he gave to Sorenson.

Said it forever that Dorsey has no fucking idea how to gauge proper value.

I thought LDT was probably the smartest big contract he ever signed. Young, emerging and potentially really high level guard locked up before he got there and had to be paid as such. It's a gamble I'd take. Actually I'd say the contracts he gave to all his OLinemen (Fisher, Schwartz and LDT all made sense). Sorenson was a 3rd safety he paid like a good starter. Athletically there was no way Sorenson had that type of potential. Just bad. But still not as bad as the deals he gave to the third contract descending guys or guys with a history of injury. 

33 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I thought LDT was probably the smartest big contract he ever signed. Young, emerging and potentially really high level guard locked up before he got there and had to be paid as such. It's a gamble I'd take. Actually I'd say the contracts he gave to all his OLinemen (Fisher, Schwartz and LDT all made sense). Sorenson was a 3rd safety he paid like a good starter. Athletically there was no way Sorenson had that type of potential. Just bad. But still not as bad as the deals he gave to the third contract descending guys or guys with a history of injury. 

The timing for the deal was totally unnecessary.  Sometimes guys should continue to prove it, even if you're not getting a great value on the extension itself.

He wasn't great at gauging when to get the deal done early and when to let a player play the deal out.

I guess I have a little bit different take than most on out interior lineman. Last 2 years he played 50% of the games. So for him to make that money at a new non-primary position and only be a part time player... He better stay on the field and he better produce.

Stud? Schwartz and Fish. Fish 100% of the snaps last 5 years. Schwartz 100% of the snaps the last 7 years. Bad asses.

Just now, liquidfriend said:

Yes/No.  The value would be good if the durability was there, but it didn't make sense at the time with how the team was cap restrained and Dorsey was making it rain.

I like LDT but Reid can pull average to good linemen out of his butt.  He's been doing it for 20 years.

I like our tackles and am ok with paying them considering their durability but Reiter and Wiley are just more in a long line of interior linemen that Reid just finds.  And they'll have the new draft pick ready when they need him as well.  No need to overpay.

Archived