On 8/5/2019 at 11:32 PM, Fmbl2187 said:

I don't understand where the lack of respect for Dirty Dan comes from.  How could Sorenson have had good performance in a position group like that last year?  He is a hard hitter and knows where to be on the field.  I think Sorenson will surprise most people and have a great year in a  group with Mathieu and Thornhill.  This is not a Bob Sutton defense he will be playing in. Another huge value for Sorenson is that he is a special teams ace.  That is worth quite a few bucks.  I'll give Dorsey a pass on his Sorenson contract.

That is a good point. Nobody looked good in that scheme. I think Dan is a decent backup and STer. I just don’t think he can play deep safety very well. 

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think our line has been good at all. Smith had the second quickest release in the league and got pummeled. Reid had to live on WR screens because we didn’t have time to run a route. Pat was a master at throwing on the run to avoid pressure and made them look better. But he still got pummeled. 

I think a lot of it had to do with those guys not staying healthy. If they can stay healthy, they will be good enough, but not what I would call good. But I like our tackles. New blood inside so maybe they finally pull it together and stay healthy.

9 minutes ago, DieHard said:

That is a good point. Nobody looked good in that scheme. I think Dan is a decent backup and STer. I just don’t think he can play deep safety very well. 

He is a known quantity.  Spags will determine where and when his abilities are best used. 

I have a feeling that his contract was determined quite a bit by pressure from Toub. In general, I think fans undervalue special teams.  It is easy to think of ST's as a place to stash players waiting for a chance to start on D or O.   But it is as much a determinant of success as defense and offense. Toub knows this, and so does Veach.  So did Dorsey.

5 hours ago, DieHard said:

No, he absolutely can’t. 

Archived