Before the canonization

Let's see how this new defense plays together.   It is fine to be exuberant about the upcoming season but perhaps it should be tempered with a dose of reality.   There's a lot of new moving parts.  In the NFL you either get better or you get worse but you don't stand still.  Let's wait a few games in before we start buying our Superbowl tickets.  Just an old CHIEFS fans opinion but I have seen this rodeo before.

4 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Let's see how this new defense plays together.   It is fine to be exuberant about the upcoming season but perhaps it should be tempered with a dose of reality.   There's a lot of new moving parts.  In the NFL you either get better or you get worse but you don't stand still.  Let's wait a few games in before we start buying our Superbowl tickets.  Just an old CHIEFS fans opinion but I have seen this rodeo before.

with all due respect 8-8.. no you haven't.  No Chiefs fan ever has seen a talent like MVPat wearing the red and gold..a QB better resume? yea  Lenny and Joe Cool but not talent.. Just another old chiefs fan's opinion but  I think  all things being good  we will finally have our QB that we have dreamt of for decades

21 minutes ago, wilkie said:

Rome wasn't built in a day and neither can this defense in essentially one year. But its a proven big upgrade in the coaching staff. It looks like we have the most talented and deepest Chiefs Dline in ages. And next year in one of the deepest corner drafts in recent memory. It all adds up for a plan to fix,  and not just band aid the disturbingly bad group we had last year. That's how dynasties are born. We will be better this year. We will see if its enough. 

18 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

with all due respect 8-8.. no you haven't.  No Chiefs fan ever has seen a talent like MVPat wearing the red and gold..a QB better resume? yea  Lenny and Joe Cool but not talent.. Just another old chiefs fan's opinion but  I think  all things being good  we will finally have our QB that we have dreamt of for decades

6 straight seasons over .500, 3 straight division titles, 23 year old MVP at QB, defense with 10 new starters from 2017. We've never seen this before. 

Patrick Mahomes dragged the worst defense in the league to within an inch of making the Super Bowl.  Had Dee Ford not lined up off-sides, the Chiefs may have won the SB with the worst defense last year.

Any improvement from the defense and the Chiefs could be impossible to beat.

I can see both points of view.  PM is something we have never had before and we will live or die by him.  He's yet to be stopped, even when he's been shut down an entire half he still would explode in the 2nd. Kid is unreal and if he's learned to take the short dump off passes he'll be phenomenal again.

D is still suspect in my opinion. New scheme, suspect corners and no idea if we can stop the run.

Our starting RB is still out so who knows if we can even run the ball in camp much less the season.  So I'm skeptical with all the hype we are a better run D. Plus in season Red always abandoned the run which may happen even more now with Williams now. 

I believe we are playoff bound and favored to get to the SB with our offense alone, D has to earn it. Never been this excited in my 25+ years as a fan. Never thought I'd see the day we have a true elite home grown franchise QB. Fan-frickin-tastic! 

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

I think Wilkie is a Mahomophobe.

Fair point about the D. It may not be much better. I think it is fair to say we are much more talented bot players and coaches. I expect to see D improvement at least against the run, but don’t expect them to be top 15 this year.

Sticking with 12-4 and SB champs for now.

So what if I get my expectations set high? Either the Chiefs live up to them or they don't. If they do it means they had a great year. If they don't I will be disappointed. Nobody died...I don't owe anything...just disappointment. As delicate as Wilkie believes we fans are....I will survive!

2 hours ago, wilkie said:

Don't tell me what to do.  You ain't my daddy!!!

2 hours ago, wilkie said:

Pirate.jpeg           😉

8 hours ago, wilkie said:

In the NFL you either get better or you get worse but you don't stand still.  

Since the D can hardly get worse, it's reason for optimism.  ☺️

Actually, the new coaches, the new scheme, the new D-line, and the new safeties make me think there's a chance for this D to move up to #20 or at worst #25.  That would have won another game or so and maybe gotten the team into the SB.  If the offense doesn't regress, this will be another fun year. 

Archived