Chiefs sign Claiborne

11 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

How could you have known we’d release Justin Houston and Eric Berry and then trade Dee Ford.  That whole deal reshuffled the deck.  Still it’s pretty clear Veach was hoping one of the corners that went early in round 2 would have dropped further. And then the Tyreek debacle. Veach has his hands full.  

I was referring only to the weakness at CB. 

16 minutes ago, jetlord said:

I was referring only to the weakness at CB. 

Understand that. I was just making point that all of a sudden we had huge needs everywhere which made corner get in line so to speak. All things being equal I think it’s likely our first rounder would have been Greedy Williams or Rock Sin.  

17 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Gonna have to sacrifice somewhere in this league. Just have to hope you can mask it and hope. Nearly impossible to ever be a complete team.

I'll say it again. If the Cardinals would trade us Peterson for reasonable compensation. We will have no problem paying him. 

9 hours ago, Calichief said:

Gonna have to sacrifice somewhere in this league. Just have to hope you can mask it and hope. Nearly impossible to ever be a complete team.

Well the Browns seem to have pulled it off. And still have 35 million in cap space. Granted it's just a roster on paper, but it is stacked top to bottom.

7 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Well the Browns seem to have pulled it off. And still have 35 million in cap space. Granted it's just a roster on paper, but it is stacked top to bottom.

They had a losing record last year and added some nice pieces, let's hold off on saying they're "stacked"

11 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

When they make the playoffs... we can talk.

that defense was gashed a lot last year too.

on paper it looks good 

3 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

They had a losing record last year and added some nice pieces, let's hold off on saying they're "stacked"

You can hold off on whatever you want. On paper they have the best roster in football. Its STACKED with talent. Dorsey killed the draft getting Greedy round 2, Takitaki round 3 and Mack Wilson in round frickin 5.

Look at their depth chart Adam. There is no area of weakness. Doesnt mean they will have chemistry. Doesnt mean they can handle pressure. Doesnt mean their rookie HC is worth a shit. 

But their roster itself is enviable.

11 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

It’s a soft CAP that can clearly be manipulated when needed. And if 1 player can potentially put you over the top for a Lombardi, I’d say it’s needed. 

Key is not to bury yourself with inflexible long term contracts like Dorsey did.  

13 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

You can hold off on whatever you want. On paper they have the best roster in football. Its STACKED with talent. Dorsey killed the draft getting Greedy round 2, Takitaki round 3 and Mack Wilson in round frickin 5.

Saying a roster is stacked because of rookies is the definition of counting eggs before they are hatched.  You've got the classic question of why those guys fell to those rounds in the first place.  I've got real good feelings about Darwin Thompson, does that mean I can count on him being the next Kareem Hunt?

All of that is in addition to the possible issues with chemistry and coaching.

22 hours ago, Calichief said:

I agree. I think it all comes down to coaching. I have no idea who the Patriots corners are, but they managed to help shutdown the Chiefs offense for an entire half. 

1 hour ago, qnet said:

I agree. I think it all comes down to coaching. I have no idea who the Patriots corners are, but they managed to help shutdown the Chiefs offense for an entire half. 

What the patriots do that is smart is take their stud cb and let hm shutdown the #2 wideout, then they double the #1 wideout with lesser players, but it still takes away the top two targets. Other teams don’t do this for reasons I don’t understand, just not smart enough coaches most likely 

9 minutes ago, CranjisMcbasketball said:

What the patriots do that is smart is take their stud cb and let hm shutdown the #2 wideout, then they double the #1 wideout with lesser players, but it still takes away the top two targets. Other teams don’t do this for reasons I don’t understand, just not smart enough coaches most likely 

That's what I've thought about other coaches. What's cool, if anything cool can be taken from that game; is Mahomes still almost led the Chiefs back to beat them. 

On the subject of signing claiborne, I like the move, because at least they're trying to address a need.   From what I've heard, he's a decent player who will get a lot of PI penalties for grabbing after getting beat. It just seems like we just got another Nelson. I hope he's better, but who knows. 

23 minutes ago, qnet said:

That's what I've thought about other coaches. What's cool, if anything cool can be taken from that game; is Mahomes still almost led the Chiefs back to beat them. 

On the subject of signing claiborne, I like the move, because at least they're trying to address a need.   From what I've heard, he's a decent player who will get a lot of PI penalties for grabbing after getting beat. It just seems like we just got another Nelson. I hope he's better, but who knows. 

Didn't Nelson get something like $8 million?  If the Chiefs replace that with $1.5-3 million, it's a great move. 

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Didn't Nelson get something like $8 million?  If the Chiefs replace that with $1.5-3 million, it's a great move. 

I don't know what Nelson got, but I agree, if he got that much. 

6 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Look at their depth chart Adam. There is no area of weakness. Doesnt mean they will have chemistry. Doesnt mean they can handle pressure. Doesnt mean their rookie HC is worth a shit. 

But their roster itself is enviable.

Oh, I can help here.

Corner, RT, possibly LT (not sure how good Robinson is outside tbh), so-so at 3 tech, SS