KC vs Cinn Game Thread

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Catching up on the game on NFL game pass. Mahomes looked like Mahomes. Defense seems a little faster. I like what I saw from KPASS and Nnadi. Ward got beat, but he always seems to be in good coverage when it happens.

16 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Wait all year for some football and to see these young guys and we get endless interviews instead. Seems you can get those done after the game. 

got to fill time and keep people interested in a meaningless blowout, you see it all the time in baseball

Got to watch the game with the Mahomes family. Nice people. I thought the team looked good. Don’t like Dan at FS. Solid backup SS from what I watched but bites on short routes in the middle leaving the outside CBs with no help. Breeland got beat early on a play close to the line, recovered and broke up the pass but Dan jump an intermediate route where the guy was covered already. Same problem Berry had. Thornhill looked like he stayed deep to help the CBs with the 2s and 3s. He even recognized an guy out of the backfield uncovered  and closed to make the tackle. I like his style better, but he has a ways to go. 

Starting D did not (I don’t think) have Oak or Clark from what I remember. Stuck playing vanilla, but still respectable. Kpass looked good. Speaks seamed to do OK. LBs looked good. 

Henne seems locked, but Shurm may be hard to stash if he keeps progressing. Thompson had a good pass pro and killed it as a skill player. Kemp and Pringle didn’t hurt their roster claim. 

Overall, I loved what I saw. I love the extended playing time for Thornhill but thought it was odd Lee played so deep. Not sure they are sold on him.

Shurmur looks like he'll have a weird injury by the last game. Could be a nice backup in 2020 and beyond but I think Litton is the #3 this year. Overall I think DL could be a strength this year, we definitely wasted Kpass at OLB for 2 years, the kid is a stud in the making. I also liked Speaks' motor, almost made a couple nice plays without giving up.

Archived