Defense opinion?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just like the Chiefs defense should get some slack for the passing game, I also think they shouldn't get too much credit for the run defense against Cincy. Their top 2 rbs didn't play a single snap did they? Hardly a good measuring stick.

1 hour ago, liquidfriend said:

Nah, Brady beat the Chiefs and the running game made it easy to do.  He had the DB's eating shit all evening and made Berry look like someone that didn't belong in the NFL.

True. But also true was the reality a penalty which didnt impact play cost us a third interception and win.  Brady was about to be the games goat, but the second chance indeed let him carry torch further as THE GOAT

40 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Just like the Chiefs defense should get some slack for the passing game, I also think they shouldn't get too much credit for the run defense against Cincy. Their top 2 rbs didn't play a single snap did they? Hardly a good measuring stick.

Reason number 287 that preseason is meaningless.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Led the league in QB pressures last year. You really think we would have been in in that game if it wasn't for him?

Yep. We would have been better against the run. We would have at least made the playoffs. Maybe not the one seed. But our O was that good. I could replace his 0 tackles and 0 sacks in that Championship game. Even with out the bone headed lined up off sides call. Just my opinion.

53 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Led the league in QB pressures last year. You really think we would have been in in that game if it wasn't for him?

I guess you are correct. Being in the game is more important than winning the game? 🙄

3 hours ago, DieHard said:

Yep. We would have been better against the run. We would have at least made the playoffs. Maybe not the one seed. But our O was that good. I could replace his 0 tackles and 0 sacks in that Championship game. Even with out the bone headed lined up off sides call. Just my opinion.

I don’t remember him making any huge game saving sacks or anything.

lining up wrong to cost us a Super Bowl ...

4 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

There were some games we won despite Ford as well. Just can't forget him running around like a headless chicken against the Steelers. Ford was a decent pass rusher, who was 1/3rd of the guy we needed at his position. I believe his primary problem was the system but I'm still not sure if he can really set the edge in 4-3 either, his ceiling might be a decent pure pass rusher.

On 8/14/2019 at 9:58 PM, FANATIC said:

I guess you are correct. Being in the game is more important than winning the game? 🙄

How are you going to win a game if you don't get there first? Honestly if your skills of interpretation are this bad you ought to be playing with coloring books instead of interacting with other adults on the internet. 

You are the guy that thinks our GM should be on the hot seat, so honestly your opinion holds as little value to me as any poster here.

You've told me to put you on ignore before, if I didn't like what you had to say. Works both ways.

On 8/15/2019 at 1:37 AM, sith13 said:

There were some games we won despite Ford as well. Just can't forget him running around like a headless chicken against the Steelers. Ford was a decent pass rusher, who was 1/3rd of the guy we needed at his position. I believe his primary problem was the system but I'm still not sure if he can really set the edge in 4-3 either, his ceiling might be a decent pure pass rusher.

I'd say his ceiling is an outstanding pass rusher who cant cover or play the run worth a shit. If a guy with 13 sacks who led the league in QB pressures has a ceiling of a decent pure pass rusher, then that would mean there are no good pass rushers.

I'm not mad he's gone. At all. I loved the trade from day 1. I'm saying 1/3 of his game was outstanding last year.

1 hour ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I'd say his ceiling is an outstanding pass rusher who cant cover or play the run worth a shit. If a guy with 13 sacks who led the league in QB pressures has a ceiling of a decent pure pass rusher, then that would mean there are no good pass rushers.

I'm not mad he's gone. At all. I loved the trade from day 1. I'm saying 1/3 of his game was outstanding last year.

Yep he did very well in that 1/3rd. However playing with a lead most of the time an outstanding guy should have actually gotten to the QB more but of course there were other variables as well like wasting a lot of energy on coverage, etc. I don't think decent and good are that far away though, however outstanding is something like Donald's 2018 or a dominant edge rusher performance IMO.

If it weren't his contract year a full season in this scheme could actually benefit him in FA. Spags likes using pure pass rushers in certain downs and those guys seem to have good success in the past. 

I think Houston was a much bigger loss. Ford will likely never see that production again. He somehow stayed healthy and was in a contract year and playing on a team that forced the offense to pass like crazy to try and keep up. It was the perfect storm for him. Glad he got his money. Glad he is gone.

Archived