What do you want to see in Pittsburgh?

More vanilla.  Don't give any sneak peeks at the fancy play calls.

Showcase D Rob to raise his value, in case a WR needy team is willing to give up a good CB

A full quarter for the starters.

A good look at Daryl Williams

A return and a few plays for Damien Williams

More looks at Darwin Thompson

A bomb to Mecole Hardman

A bomb to Tyreek hill

A clearer picture of Shurmer vs. Litton

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

if it were me, I would run the exact same defenses and coverages the Chiefs ran last year all pre-season so the rest of the league thinks our defense hasn't changed a bit.

I like it. Why show them anything. I'm read the Jags didn't play any starters in their first preseason game and aren't going to see much of the field all offseason. Jags are already in full game plan mode for us according to their beat writer who said most inside that locker room think "we ruined their season last year" and are looking for payback.  Lets not give them much to study. 

30 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I like it. Why show them anything. I'm read the Jags didn't play any starters in their first preseason game and aren't going to see much of the field all offseason. Jags are already in full game plan mode for us according to their beat writer who said most inside that locker room think "we ruined their season last year" and are looking for payback.  Lets not give them much to study. 

exactly.  no need to show the cards in the pre-season. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

They can plan all they want.  You can't plan for speed, and you can't plan for Mahomes. Screw 'em.

No way could Claiborne be ready this Saturday IMHO.  We'll see him against SFO and GB maybe.  I'd like to see more plays involving Yelder and Bell to see who claims #2.  More of Saunders, Kpass, and Speaks.  (adios, X. Williams?)  Thronhill paired up with HB with Watts in on the dime.  Wilson, Hitchens, and Ragland operating as a unit in the base.  Fields getting enough snaps to see if he can play.  Pringle, Kemp, and Custus getting enough targets that they can flash....or not.  More of Thompson just because he's fun to watch.  No injuries.  

8 minutes ago, jetlord said:

No way could Claiborne be ready this Saturday IMHO.  We'll see him against SFO and GB maybe.  I'd like to see more plays involving Yelder and Bell to see who claims #2.  More of Saunders, Kpass, and Speaks.  (adios, X. Williams?)  Thronhill paired up with HB with Watts in on the dime.  Wilson, Hitchens, and Ragland operating as a unit in the base.  Fields getting enough snaps to see if he can play.  Pringle, Kemp, and Custus getting enough targets that they can flash....or not.  More of Thompson just because he's fun to watch.  No injuries.  

He was roasted in practice today by hardman 

23 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

They can plan all they want.  You can't plan for speed, and you can't plan for Mahomes. Screw 'em.

Agree! Screw them by not giving them almost any defensive game film to game plan against. Andy knows how to tweak offense. That's a pretty good Jags team with a formidable defense and now most importantly a competent QB/RB combo. Will not likely be easy. 

21 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree! Screw them by not giving them almost any defensive game film to game plan against. Andy knows how to tweak offense. That's a pretty good Jags team with a formidable defense and now most importantly a competent QB/RB combo. Will not likely be easy. 

There are years of film on Andy's offense out there.  While I'll grant he's pretty innovative, there's not a whole lot he can throw out there that's going to be drastically different.  Our offense isn't going to be much different (if at all) from last year, so vanilla or not in preseason is pretty irrelevant IMO.  

18 minutes ago, moons314 said:

There are years of film on Andy's offense out there.  While I'll grant he's pretty innovative, there's not a whole lot he can throw out there that's going to be drastically different.  Our offense isn't going to be much different (if at all) from last year, so vanilla or not in preseason is pretty irrelevant IMO.  

Exactly. 

18 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Agree completely. We aren't reinventing the offense. Andy will tweak it as always but its more about protecting from injury than hiding scheme in the preseason there. Its the defense that will be COMPLETELY different from last year.  I would think they would be watching old Giants film or something to prepare for this. . 

5 hours ago, Fmbl2187 said:

More vanilla.  Don't give any sneak peeks at the fancy play calls.

Showcase D Rob to raise his value, in case a WR needy team is willing to give up a good CB

A full quarter for the starters.

A good look at Daryl Williams

A return and a few plays for Damien Williams

More looks at Darwin Thompson

A bomb to Mecole Hardman

A bomb to Tyreek hill

A clearer picture of Shurmer vs. Litton

I think we need to see more cowbell.

2 hours ago, Calichief said:

He was roasted in practice today by hardman 

LOL,  it seems like everytime I come here,  I'm reading how the Chiefs CB's are getting roasted in practice

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree completely. We aren't reinventing the offense. Andy will tweak it as always but its more about protecting from injury than hiding scheme in the preseason there. Its the defense that will be COMPLETELY different from last year.  I would think they would be watching old Giants film or something to prepare for this. . 

I also think Reid has been working on the Jags also, probably for quite awhile.

Archived