What do you want to see in Pittsburgh?

2 hours ago, kkuenn said:

If anyone knows Foles well it is Reid. I am sure they will have something for the Jags. We should win it for sure.

Foles throws very well, and our corners are a question mark.  So, the simple things to do are score lots of points and throw the book at Foles with Clark, Jones, others, and with disguised blitzes and coverages.  Put some fear in him, sack him a couple of times. He will get a little antsy, throw too soon, and give us an interception or two, get a few batted down.  They will run a lot.  They won't be able to run as well as they probably think.  Our run D and ability to cover the edges will surprise the hell out of them this year.     Unless we turn the ball over, put a W in our column.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, qnet said:

LOL,  it seems like everytime I come here,  I'm reading how the Chiefs CB's are getting roasted in practice

I also think Reid has been working on the Jags also, probably for quite awhile.

I’m sure we’ve been doing some early game planning. But the way the Jax beat writer said it, it’s almost seems like they are over the top intent on winning this game. Same reason we ruined their season, beating us would be catalyst toward making this one. 

21 minutes ago, Thegoatee said:

I’d like to see someone start in place of Ragland and see if the middle of the field is defended better. I think we all know what the offense can do. I want to see the defense out there more than one drive.

Niemann will surprise some here soon. The guy is just in the right place and can cover too. Might not be start of the year but i see him coming along here soon.

16 hours ago, reesebobby said:

I'm probably in the minority, but I would like to see that Tyreek reverse where he threw a pass.  We could use some work on that.  It was pretty ugly. 

That and a Ben Roethlisberger pulled hamstring. 

Seriously.. I cant get behind rooting for an injury, not even for big ben.  

3 hours ago, robgar said:

Seriously.. I cant get behind rooting for an injury, not even for big ben.  

That's not an injury.  Just a nagging little thing that bothers him all season and slows him down.  If I wanted to wish an injury on him it would be an ACL or something like that. 

4 hours ago, reesebobby said:

That's not an injury.  Just a nagging little thing that bothers him all season and slows him down.  If I wanted to wish an injury on him it would be an ACL or something like that. 

Dude is the biggest drama queen in football- always faking an injury....He's like a soccer player: one second he's rolling on the ground and needs a stretcher then jumps up two minutes later to lead his team on a 98 yd scoring drive....

Why see the full starting defense in the second preseason game?  The Chiefs need to know what they have in Kpass, Speaks, Lee, Nieman, Fields, Saunders, etc.  The third game is the time to go with the projected starters.  This is still evaluation time for the players trying to make the final 53.  Mixing the #2s in with the starters is the only way to see how they will handle game competition.  As Reid has often stated, they don't want to miss on a player. 

It will be interesting to see who returns kicks.  T. Smith has no chance at CB and no room in the offensive backfield, so it he's not the kick returner, he's probably toast.  I'd like to see Davis get some balls thrown his way.  Reports from TC say he gets separation and can catch.  Doubt he will get that sixth spot, but he's practice squad likely.  I think Shumur has passed Litton for the #3 QB so it might be meaningful to see who comes in third in the PIT game. 

1 hour ago, jetlord said:

I think Shumur has passed Litton for the #3 QB so it might be meaningful to see who comes in third in the PIT game. 

Why do you say that?  LItton kicked Shurmer's ass in that game statistially,  I was struck by how good LItton looked.  He has a great arm and knows Reid's system better. I can't understand what the basis is for that statement. Is it the one INT?  I'm not sure that was Litton's mistake.

16 minutes ago, Fmbl2187 said:

Why do you say that?  LItton kicked Shurmer's ass in that game statistially,  I was struck by how good LItton looked.  He has a great arm and knows Reid's system better. I can't understand what the basis is for that statement. Is it the one INT?  I'm not sure that was Litton's mistake.

I agree, I have Litton as the #3 and would even consider cutting Henne to save some cap room and make Litton the #2. 

Archived