Contracts? Mahomes?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To view this solely through the topic of Mahomes' contract and its effect on the cap and thus the team, I have the tiniest bit of concern that he bought the house with his GF.  Do they have the equivalent of a pre-nup?  I hope she doesn't take him to the cleaners if they break up, thus making him need a few more bucks in negotiation...

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

To view this solely through the topic of Mahomes' contract and its effect on the cap and thus the team, I have the tiniest bit of concern that he bought the house with his GF.  Do they have the equivalent of a pre-nup?  I hope she doesn't take him to the cleaners if they break up, thus making him need a few more bucks in negotiation...

She made almost 4 million dollars last year with her fitness brand at 23 years old. Over 130,000 subscribers on Instagram. Very smart girl. Not every relationship is like Tyreeks. A lot of athletes know they can trust long time girlfriends because they were around long before the money came. Three years ago at this time I doubt about anyone thought the MVP was going to be the MVP. 

8 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

She made almost 4 million dollars last year with her fitness brand at 23 years old. Over 130,000 subscribers on Instagram. Very smart girl. Not every relationship is like Tyreeks. A lot of athletes know they can trust long time girlfriends because they were around long before the money came. Three years ago at this time I doubt about anyone thought the MVP was going to be the MVP. 

Not suggesting she's a gold digger, just wondering what happens if something goes south.  Her making her own money alleviates some of that concern. 

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Not suggesting she's a gold digger, just wondering what happens if something goes south.  Her making her own money alleviates some of that concern. 

I get it. I'm sure his attorneys would also work that out if they ever get married. 

2 hours ago, Adamixoye said:

Yeah, it would be a shame if she had to split only $35,000,000 instead of $40,000,000.  

10 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Yeah, it would be a shame if she had to split only $35,000,000 instead of $40,000,000.  

The point is, hypothetically, if he had to split some significant amount of their current home, that maybe he would push for a little more on his next contract.  I know there are cap nerds on this board who would care a lot about an extra few million in cap hit.  That's all.  But hopefully they're soulmates, get married ASAP, and challenge Rivers for number of children or whatever.

On 8/13/2019 at 10:50 PM, jetlord said:

Ahh, but you're overlooking the new GOAT.  Lamar Jackson is poised to lead the Ravens to the promised land for years to come. I read it right here in CTO. 

Don’t forget: Lamar Jackson posted a HIGHER YPA & a BETTER PASSER RATING his rookie year than: Andrew Luck, Jared Goff, Sam Darnold, Carson Wentz, Derek Carr, Nick Foles, Andy Dalton... Plus he can do this

27 minutes ago, Handswarmer said:

Don’t forget: Lamar Jackson posted a HIGHER YPA & a BETTER PASSER RATING his rookie year than: Andrew Luck, Jared Goff, Sam Darnold, Carson Wentz, Derek Carr, Nick Foles, Andy Dalton... Plus he can do this

You gotta work pretty hard to make a guy that threw for under 140 yards 4 times in 8 starts look good.  I guess with the number of stats there are these days you can find a couple that you like. 

Did you realize that Tyler Thigpen had a higher QBR and YPG in 2008 than LJ did last year?  I would not have thought that was even possible and yet here we are. 

14 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

You gotta work pretty hard to make a guy that threw for under 140 yards 4 times in 8 starts look good.  I guess with the number of stats there are these days you can find a couple that you like. 

Did you realize that Tyler Thigpen had a higher QBR and YPG in 2008 than LJ did last year?  I would not have thought that was even possible and yet here we are. 

Tyler Thigpen is absolutely my favorite bad Chief of all time.

58 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:

My criteria was "objectively I know he wasn't good at all but he was kind of a breath of fresh air on those bad teams..."  I've got no clue what your criteria was...

I just feel like he was so close to making some of those field goals.  He just needed more practice. 

19 hours ago, reesebobby said:

Well, you worked pretty hard yourself in going back to 2008 and Tyler F******* Thigpen....I would not have thought that possible and yet there you are.

Archived