Some draft expert remind me why we didn't draft a Tightend in the mid-late rounds?

Probably why we didn’t draft a CB in the 2nd. It was a huge need. The guys they liked were gone. drafting a guy and drafting the right guy are different things. They loved Hardman and Thornhill. The CBs they thought were worth 2 cents were gone so they drafted an offense weapon when we are saturated with offense weapons. He helps more than a scrub CB that will never see the field. 

Its to same thing with FA. You can only pick from what’s available. Will they miss and a guy they pass on emerge. Yes, every year for every team. But I am keeping Mecole.

1 hour ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Just wondering.

Diehard is exactly right.  Who was available by the fourth round that is better than Bell or Yelden?   The Chiefs had no third round pick so would you prefer a possible TE who might not play over Thornhill or Hardman?  

Im not worried about tight end at this point. First of all I kinda like what im seeing from blake bell.

more importantly, we throw some combination of tyreek, watkins, mecole, robinson, and even now tremon smith as a gadget guy. Good luck dealing with all that speed coming from the wr position alone.

Throw in kelce and williams/ darwin thomson or both out of the backfield, good luck dealing with that.

if the chiefs need to get physical i expect plenty of 6 o lineman formations using our at this point incredibly deep o line.

#2 TE is not a pressing need for most teams, let alone this one.  Mahomes and Reid will make anyone look good.  I wouldn't be surprised to see Blake Bell end up with 20 catches and 3-4 td's this year.

Because if they could have one of the most dynamic offenses in the history of the NFL in 2018 and Incompleterius Harris of all people had an impact, I'd make the bet that TE was not something high on their list.  They probably felt that any chump on the street could make it work on this team and would rather try to develop some defensive talent instead.

And I have been clamoring for drafting a TE early for the last 4 years (dreams of replicating the Gronk/Hernandez model), but I completely understand. 

We chiefs fans are just unreasonable.  Again, one of the greatest offenses in history in 2018 and we are complaining about not getting more offensive firepower (even though Hardman looks to be a very pleasant surprise right now).  I think that football fans in general just need to understand that you just can't field a team with 52 above average players and stay under the salary cap.  That's the point of the salary cap, to make sure that no team is perfect everywhere. 

53 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

Because if they could have one of the most dynamic offenses in the history of the NFL in 2018 and Incompleterius Harris of all people had an impact, I'd make the bet that TE was not something high on their list.  They probably felt that any chump on the street could make it work on this team and would rather try to develop some defensive talent instead.

And I have been clamoring for drafting a TE early for the last 4 years (dreams of replicating the Gronk/Hernandez model), but I completely understand. 

We chiefs fans are just unreasonable.  Again, one of the greatest offenses in history in 2018 and we are complaining about not getting more offensive firepower (even though Hardman looks to be a very pleasant surprise right now).  I think that football fans in general just need to understand that you just can't field a team with 52 above average players and stay under the salary cap.  That's the point of the salary cap, to make sure that no team is perfect everywhere. 

Nailed it.

On top of that, I think you can say something similar about the defense.  We had holes everywhere, with tough decisions to make on the line.  Every move we made was an upgrade in talent (Clark over Ford), cap situation (Okafor over Houston), or both (HB over EB), in addition to finally replacing Sutton.  CB drew the short straw and that's a concern, but in the big picture it just wasn't reasonable that we would fix everything at a high level.

I imagine the Tyreek Hill situation had them shuffle things around, whether they admit it or not. Who knows if Hardman is still taken. Either way, if Kelce stays healthy, we are more than fine as much as I’d like it addressed. I still say we are no worse with or without Harris, so not sure we lost anything.

Archived