KC @ PIT NFL Pre-Season Game #2 Thread

39 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I think Fenton and Wade are both likely to make it personally. There's just too many questons at corner still.  I don't  Smith making it. He barely played the other night. Can you go back to the PS if you were an active roster guy last year? Seems like a better place to develop him as a RB if so. 

As long as you have less than 2 accrued years on an active roster you can be on the PS for up to 3 years.  6 games on the PS counts as a year against the 3 year limit, same as 6 games on an active roster = 1 accrued season.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, xen said:

As long as you have less than 2 accrued years on an active roster you can be on the PS for up to 3 years.  6 games on the PS counts as a year against the 3 year limit, same as 6 games on an active roster = 1 accrued season.

Great info. Opens up some possibilities for us. Not sure if Custis or Deiter will get PS or IR designations. Also interesting will be Chase Litton. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

I think Fenton and Wade are both likely to make it personally. There's just too many questons at corner still.  I don't  Smith making it. He barely played the other night. Can you go back to the PS if you were an active roster guy last year? Seems like a better place to develop him as a RB if so. 

Interesting.  I have both Miller and Fields ahead of Fenton and Wade.  All Fenton has going for himself is the fact that he was drafted this spring.  Wade subbed for Breeland, but has disappeared since.  Miller and Fields have both played and received praise from Reid.  At the moment, I have it Breeland, Fuller, Ward, Miller, Fields, and Claiborne.  Not sure what the team does until Claiborne is eligible.   

28 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Interesting.  I have both Miller and Fields ahead of Fenton and Wade.  All Fenton has going for himself is the fact that he was drafted this spring.  Wade subbed for Breeland, but has disappeared since.  Miller and Fields have both played and received praise from Reid.  At the moment, I have it Breeland, Fuller, Ward, Miller, Fields, and Claiborne.  Not sure what the team does until Claiborne is eligible.   

You are right about Fenton. Haven't heard his name much and he may be primed for the PS. Wade was so good early and played a ton on Saturday that it seems like a long way to slip from starter to off the roster entirely. But then again how they evaluate his play during actual games means a lot more than anything else. Fields is a guy who ran a 4.37 at the combine and he has gotten mentions for sure this month. And Miller had a big play on Saturday, but also looked lost at times so who knows. Seems like we've got a bunch of guys not ready really. 

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Is it just me or did the Steelers take this game a little more seriously than they should have? They blitzed more than the usual 2nd preseason defense you see. Maybe a little butt hurt from the embarrassment of last season?

must of been listening to Grunny & Petro.. saying pretty much the same thing

5 minutes ago, dhitter said:

Is it just me or did the Steelers take this game a little more seriously than they should have? They blitzed more than the usual 2nd preseason defense you see. Maybe a little butt hurt from the embarrassment of last season?

Yes and I am glad they did. All players will see this when they try and get all the pressure they can on Mahomes. Give him more tape to review and he will eat it up. It will only force him to make the short passes and slice and dice up the underneath passes on the defenses. This will eat up time and give our D a rest etc. The line will get better recognizing it too. All good things for us to see and another good reason not to take pre season so seriously with how Reid does play his 1st team guys.

On 8/18/2019 at 6:46 PM, jetlord said:

How many do they keep?

On 8/18/2019 at 6:48 PM, xen said:

Four.  They've seen that position fall all to hell several times in Reid's KC tenure.

I'm not sure, but four sounds good. Although, I'm hoping Thompson breaks out and becomes another Kareem Hunt-like player.

13 hours ago, dhitter said:

People around the league are saying the same things about defenses.

Archived