Who' is up? Who is down?

Still several weeks to go, but after TC and two pre-season games, who does everyone think has moved up on the roster and who has slipped?  My uninformed guesses including some obvious.

Up:

Cody Thompson--Good camp, played well, and got a boost with Kemp going down.  Drops are rare and he seems to gt open.

Miller--Made some plays in the games and played with the ones last night.

Thompson--If he can show reliable pass blocking, the Chiefs have a new RB who can run, catch, and get YAC.

Alligretti--Good backup center and guard who will contest with Reiter for a starting job next year.

Kpass/Speaks--Careers revived thanks to a DC who lets them play their way in their natural positions.  Time to remove the bust tags.

Down:

DOD--Got PT last night (PIT game) but didn't distinguish himself and may fall victim to the addition of Lee and Wilson.

X. Williams--Behind too many DTs and/or potential DTs (see Kpass/Speaks) and Ivie would be a cheaper substitute

Hyde--Not sure why he's needed with the play of Thompson and Darrel Williams' short yardage ability.  Better hope the Chiefs keep four RBs

T. Smith--Can't play CB, hasn't shown in the offensive backfield, and the Chiefs are experimenting with other returners.  Better hope the Chiefs keep four RBs.

Wade--Started camp and the first sub for Breeland and disappeared.  If he had a chance to make the roster, Miller and Claiborne probably took it away.

Everyone probably has their own different list and I've omitted the PS candidates.  The list will churn over the next two weeks but this is how I see it for now.   .

4 minutes ago, reesebobby said:

I'm not sure he qualifies as an up, since he's a high draft pick and it's his first year, but I've like what I've seen of Hardman.  Also Blake Bell and Thornhill. 

Agree.  I left those who were locks off the list. 

14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Still several weeks to go, but after TC and two pre-season games, who does everyone think has moved up on the roster and who has slipped?  My uninformed guesses including some obvious.

Up:

Cody Thompson--Good camp, played well, and got a boost with Kemp going down.  Drops are rare and he seems to gt open.

Miller--Made some plays in the games and played with the ones last night.

Thompson--If he can show reliable pass blocking, the Chiefs have a new RB who can run, catch, and get YAC.

Alligretti--Good backup center and guard who will contest with Reiter for a starting job next year.

Kpass/Speaks--Careers revived thanks to a DC who lets them play their way in their natural positions.  Time to remove the bust tags.

Down:

DOD--Got PT last night (PIT game) but didn't distinguish himself and may fall victim to the addition of Lee and Wilson.

X. Williams--Behind too many DTs and/or potential DTs (see Kpass/Speaks) and Ivie would be a cheaper substitute

Hyde--Not sure why he's needed with the play of Thompson and Daryl Williams' short yardage ability.  Better hope the Chiefs keep four RBs

T. Smith--Can't play CB, hasn't shown in the offensive backfield, and the Chiefs are experimenting with other returners.  Better hope the Chiefs keep four RBs.

Wade--Started camp and the first sub for Breeland and disappeared.  If he had a chance to make the roster, Miller and Claiborne probably took it away.

Everyone probably has their own different list and I've omitted the PS candidates.  The list will churn over the next two weeks but this is how I see it for now.   .

This looks pretty much like what I have seen and heard. More worried about CB now than before and less worried about WR.  I was hoping Fields or Wade or Fenton would emerge. Ward and Fuller have struggled more than I anticipated. 

9 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

I think as of right now Pringle doesn't make the roster.

Pringle has done well at camp and has speed.   Not sure how andy prioritizes speed vs possesion guys like thompson.

Letting avg backup qb's dictate who's a good wr is a mistake.  It's about getting open on tape.

24 minutes ago, Chiefswinitall said:

Pringle has done well at camp and has speed.   Not sure how andy prioritizes speed vs possesion guys like thompson.

Letting avg backup qb's dictate who's a good wr is a mistake.  It's about getting open on tape.

Looked to me thompson was consistently getting open whereas pringle couldn’t separate. Which pains me to admit because i was high on pringle last year, just doesn’t appear to be the same player this season imo

I agree for the most part. Not sure about Speaks, and I'd have to go back and watch the game again. Seeing DOD still out there in the 4th quarter, with what I assume were the 4th stingers isn't a good sign IMO. He flashed a few times last year and I thought he'd do better.

18 minutes ago, qnet said:

I agree for the most part. Not sure about Speaks, and I'd have to go back and watch the game again. Seeing DOD still out there in the 4th quarter, with what I assume were the 4th stingers isn't a good sign IMO. He flashed a few times last year and I thought he'd do better.

Speaks should be a back up DT.  The team already has four DEs.  Will Spags expect Kpass and Speaks to move all over the D-line?  Is Kpass ahead of Ogbah?  It will be interesting to see how it shakes out and how many D-line they keep.   

Yeah Speaks looks slow and is on the ground a lot.   Herb Miller looked great to start the game but then got burned bad by Joshua Dobbs on a 40 yard reception.  I agree with whoever stated they are more worried now about our DB corp than before.   Ward looks to be a solid backup at this point not a potential break out stud like we hoped.  Fuller should be reliable in the slot and at this moment Bashaud Breeland is our best corner.  That is scary.   MoC should help but he's out the first 4 games.   Hope Veach is looking at bringing someone in.   

2 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

Yeah Speaks looks slow and is on the ground a lot.   Herb Miller looked great to start the game but then got burned bad by Joshua Dobbs on a 40 yard reception.  I agree with whoever stated they are more worried now about our DB corp than before.   Ward looks to be a solid backup at this point not a potential break out stud like we hoped.  Fuller should be reliable in the slot and at this moment Bashaud Breeland is our best corner.  That is scary.   MoC should help but he's out the first 4 games.   Hope Veach is looking at bringing someone in.   

I think mark fields has looked good

Archived