Multiple SB wins....

Just reading this is sweet. Cant wait for it to happen.

https://arrowheadaddict.com/2019/08/19/kansas-city-chiefs-nfl-predictions-win-multiple-super-bowls-sports-illustrated/

Kansas City Chiefs predicted to win multiple Super Bowls in next five years

Sports Illustrated questioned their various NFL experts in a large-scale panel to predict Super Bowl winners for the next five seasons.

When it comes to preseason predictions for the 2019 NFL season, it’s not uncommon to see the Kansas City Chiefs listed among the handful of teams getting serious love from experts and analysts. The Chiefs are one of the teams with the best odds of making it to the Super Bowl or even winning, an incredible leap for a franchise that hasn’t been to the big game in nearly 50 years.

If you ask the panel of NFL experts at Sports Illustrated, however, just one Super Bowl win is not enough. Our friends at SI recently conducted a poll of their various writers about who they believe will win the Lombardi Trophy in the next five years. The majority of writers not only picked the Chiefs to win one of those Super Bowls but they also believe the talent is there to win more than one title in that span of time.

Mostly the ability of the Chiefs to win it all hinges on having Patrick Mahomes healthy. If the Chiefs employ the most exciting young quarterback in the game, then they should have no problem remaining as competitive as any other team in the league.

A sampling from some experts and their reasons. Here’s Mitch Goldich:                           :

I think Patrick Mahomes is going to be the best in the league over the next five years, and given the other pieces around him, I put the Chiefs down for two. Most five-year stretches in Super Bowl history include a repeat winner, so I’d put my money on them.

Gary Gramling writes:

First the Chiefs win the next two Super Bowls with Mahomes on that artificially cheap rookie deal and the defense getting reimagined this offseason.

Another writer who predicts two Super Bowls for K.C. in the next five years is Jonathan Jones:

It’s impossible for me to look at Patrick Mahomes and Andy Reid and not think they won’t at least get to the Super Bowl a handful of times in the next eight years.

Kalyn Kahler follows suit:

Kansas City will ride the arm of Patrick Mahomes and a new defensive coordinator in Steve Spagnuolo to at least two Super Bowl wins in the five years.

These certainly aren’t the only experts predicting multiple Super Bowl wins for Andy Reid after the title game has been so elusive for the head coach. Mahomes is the big difference maker, but it should be made clear that Reid’s creativity and coaching acumen are a clear factor here as well.

As for other teams slated for future Super Bowl glory, most experts seem to agree that the young cores of the L.A. Chargers (minus Philip Rivers, of course), Indianapolis Colts, Cleveland Browns, L.A. Rams and Chicago Bears. It’s also worth noting that several writers also believe Tom Brady has one or more Super Bowl titles in him.

Here’s hoping SI is right and that the winning starts this season. The Chiefs are focused and ready and now it’s up to them to execute on a level most people believe they can

I'll see it when I am sitting in a seat at the Super Bowl,  the Chiefs get through warm-ups successful and we defer on the coin flip...

Until then....I am not getting my hopes up. 

50+ years of suffering can do that to a man.

w

2 hours ago, West said:

I'll see it when I am sitting in a seat at the Super Bowl,  the Chiefs get through warm-ups successful and we defer on the coin flip...

w

I will go so far as to wager that if they get there, are winning at the endof the 1st half, you will stay seated, soil yourself in the process, just because you do not want to 'jinx' the team.....

We are set up in perfect position the next 3 years to be one of the favorites each year. Most of the core group under contract, QB will still be paid a manageable amount throughout, GM has built in CAP flexibility to make a big move if the opportunity arises, its a young team with a young elite QB. Getting to AFC Title game last year was fun and a huge step forward. I expect that experience to pay dividends. Plus Brady can't play forever can he.

The QB situations in most of the other key AFC contenders today is also very questionable. Plus I'd eliminate any team from serious discussion that doesn't have at least two playoff wins the past five years until their franchise proves it belongs. See Browns and Texans. 

New England Patriots 6-1  40 year old QB
Kansas City Chiefs 6-1    23 year old MVP
Indianapolis Colts 14-1    Luck hasn't even practiced this year after sitting out 2017. Formidable though if healthy!
Los Angeles Chargers 16-1  Rivers is 37 years old
Cleveland Browns 20-1  24 year old rookie of the year. Potentially set up to be a top 3 with KC and Indy. 
Pittsburgh Steelers 20-1  37 year old QB
Houston Texans 40-1   23 year old QB

I too think we get multiples in the next 5 years.  Hell, I could see a scenario where we go to 3 in 5 years, and go 1-2 or 2-1 in those games.  I'm excited as all hell, but I don't feel like I'm being biased in predicting that.  Mahomes and Reid are just that damn good.

Side note, I've been struggling for the past week.  Last odds I saw were 6:1.  I'm a dabble gambler, as in I don't put up big money, and don't do it very often.  One of my rules though is never bet on any team I have an emotional connection to.  I've really been thinking about breaking that rule.  It's small money, but the idea of throwing up a hundred bucks to get 600 back in February all while celebrating a super bowl title is very enticing.  That said, I'm terrified that if I make the bet, I'll be the jinx, and Pat will break his leg or something.  

23 hours ago, West said:

w

This is kind of how I feel. For such a storied franchise the Chiefs have been so pathetically  lacking in playoff wins period much less getting to the SB. Since the days of Marty you can freakin' count them on 1 hand. Like Charlie Brown running to kick the football I believe...until Lucy yanks the ball away and I'm staring at the sky lamenting..."maybe next time."

The Chiefs could be the best team over the next decade and win multiple or zero Super Bowls.  The best team doesn't always win.  What I hope for is to always be in position to win and hope a field goal kicker, who won't be named, doesn't miss three easy ones.  I hope an OLB doesn't line up off sides.  I hope the Chiefs don't become the Bills of the Levy era. Too many things can go wrong to assume the Chiefs will win in any given year.  If they are a top team, they'll get their chances and the law of averages will dictate at least one success.  It's going to be a great ride no matter the outcome. 

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

The Chiefs could be the best team over the next decade and win multiple or zero Super Bowls.  The best team doesn't always win.  What I hope for is to always be in position to win and hope a field goal kicker, who won't be named, doesn't miss three easy ones.  I hope an OLB doesn't line up off sides.  I hope the Chiefs don't become the Bills of the Levy era. Too many things can go wrong to assume the Chiefs will win in any given year.  If they are a top team, they'll get their chances and the law of averages will dictate at least one success.  It's going to be a great ride no matter the outcome. 

Pretty much sums up the 90s for me right there. I dont think we will be like this though because of Mahomes. I have been proven wrong many times though with the Chiefs but Reid and company have to break through at some point. If not, we cant waste all this talent in hoping our coach wins the big won. We wasted so many good years/teams with Marty and had nothing to show. Reid really needs to step up and he knows it too for his own legacy. To win the big one is the one thing everyone says against him. I am hoping for 1, but I do think we can get multiple wins if Reid breaks through that damn wall and gets his first one done.

On 8/22/2019 at 11:17 AM, jetlord said:

The only time it doesn't come down to the best overall team is when that team doesn't have an ace at QB.   Our defense in the 90s was so nasty that we would've had multiple super bowls had we solved the QB situation.  The closest we got was wheeling out the geriatric version of Joe Montana who was well beyond his prime and could barely stay healthy.  QB is the most important position on the field, and that's the biggest factor. 

10 hours ago, moons314 said:

The only time it doesn't come down to the best overall team is when that team doesn't have an ace at QB.   Our defense in the 90s was so nasty that we would've had multiple super bowls had we solved the QB situation.  The closest we got was wheeling out the geriatric version of Joe Montana who was well beyond his prime and could barely stay healthy.  QB is the most important position on the field, and that's the biggest factor. 

True, an average QB would have won for the Chiefs in the 1985 and 1987 seasons.  But even having the best team isn't a guarantee of a SB win.  NE was better than the Giants with a better QB a few years back and lost in the SB because of a dropped pass by their best receiver and a goofy catch by a Giants receiver.  My point is that having the elite QB only gives the team a good chance to win.  There's too many other factors, bad calls, bad bounces, injuries, mental errors, etc. that can keep the best team from winning.  We can't play the games on paper by evaluating the team personnel and coaches.  The element of chance is what makes the games interesting and exciting.  The Chiefs should be in position to win multiple times in the next decade.  There's no assurance they will win any. 

Archived