what do you want to see in the SF game

really dont care about the past Pitt game anymore or feeding the troll about last year's Balt  game.

I'd like to see game plan of some sort and the first 1/2 of starters..as I rule I make my W-L  prediction after the 3rd game so I hope I get something to go on..so far I have not been impressed with much

9 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

really dont care about the past Pitt game anymore or feeding the troll about last year's Balt  game.

I'd like to see game plan of some sort and the first 1/2 of starters..as I rule I make my W-L  prediction after the 3rd game so I hope I get something to go on..so far I have not been impressed with much

Agree it's been more of a hodge podge of flashing players rather than anything substancial to base anything on. Then again what was your prediction last year after 3 very lacklaster preseason games?  My number one thing I want to see are key starters not hurt. Beyond that I'd like to see the starting defense get a half together to build some much needed chemistry. LIke to see O get some momentum. A few good drives. And then off the field. 

15 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Awww OT...you really are getting old

No injuries. I would like to see our QB and his receivers in sync too. We missed some open receivers last game. I also want to see some guys get a chance with 1st team reps or at least with 1st team line like Thomspon on offense and Niemann over Ragland on defense. Thornhill over Sorensen with 1st team etc. See the CBs really step up too would be nice. Also to see who they go with as 2nd TE. Just a few things I will be looking for but I do hope our 1st team offense/defense are all out there playing.

I want to see Darwin get reps with the 1s, at least as a ball carrier and maybe a designed screen.

I want to see the defense put pressure on the QB. 49ers are not a good looking team this year, if even with vanilla stuff we cannot look good, we are in for a long year of shootouts again.

1 hour ago, oldtimer said:

You're not already set at 8-8?  Breaking precedence, I see:)

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree it's been more of a hodge podge of flashing players rather than anything substancial to base anything on. Then again what was your prediction last year after 3 very lacklaster preseason games?  My number one thing I want to see are key starters not hurt. Beyond that I'd like to see the starting defense get a half together to build some much needed chemistry. LIke to see O get some momentum. A few good drives. And then off the field. 

11-5

3 minutes ago, dksww said:

Reid said the starters will play at least until half time but I don't buy it.  Maybe on defense, but I can't imagine risking Mahomes any more pre-season snaps.

Agree. I think ideally he would like to see a couple of good drives and then give the skill players the day off and let Henne work behind the number one Oline for the rest of the half. I think based on Spags comments yesterday, having the first team defense all out there together for the first time this preseason is important. He said he wanted to put them in some "adverse" conditions and see how they handle it. Just goes to show the game plan has winning the game well down the list of priorities. Like near zero. 

1 hour ago, Mloe68 said:

Agree. I think ideally he would like to see a couple of good drives and then give the skill players the day off and let Henne work behind the number one Oline for the rest of the half. I think based on Spags comments yesterday, having the first team defense all out there together for the first time this preseason is important. He said he wanted to put them in some "adverse" conditions and see how they handle it. Just goes to show the game plan has winning the game well down the list of priorities. Like near zero. 

I heard that as well and I agree, I think most of the key defensive guys are going to get some work in this game because as he said they really haven't had a chance to work together as a unit yet.

3 hours ago, xen said:

I'd like to see no significant injuries.  All I ever really care about in preseason.  Too much fools gold.

Mostly this. 

I think I've seen enough out of the RB's where at least I'd be comfortable with charting them out for the regular season.  Get Allen some reps to knock off the rust and try to get some separation going with the LB's and corners.  I think most of the battles are pretty much sorted out by now, IMO.

I'd like to see continued improvement in the run defense. We held our opponents to 15 and 54 yards rushing in the first two preseason games and if we can continue to get better in that area, I think the overall defense will improve. The way teams beat us last year was holding on to the ball, taking the time of possession and keeping the Chiefs offense off the field. I don't think any team in the NFL can match us this year if they have to rely strictly on their passing game (even if that part of the defense remains sub-standard). 

I want see the bottom of the CB roster battle it out. Also bottom of the WRs. Tough choices to be made at both with the emergence of Thompson, is Hyde on the outside looking in? With DAT returning is out the other Thompson going to make the cut? What about Fenton and Fields? 

I don’t need to see too much starting O, but would Ike to see the starting D for a half to get more time working together.

Fanatic: I want to see this guy on offense.

The second change involved now-running back Tremon Smith, who was working as a receiver on Tuesday.

“We told him when we moved him to running back, we wanted a guy that could kind of swing in between the two,” Reid said of the former cornerback. “(Wide receivers coach) Greg (Lewis) actually wanted to get him over there earlier because he runs, he’s a good athlete. It was good to get him a little bit of work in there and learn that part. That kind of player in this offense ends up being invaluable. If you can do both, it’s a valuable position.”

Archived