Tyreek trade..

Hmmmm dare I say Jones has had enough of Zeke?

Zek+Byron Jones, CB

for

Hill+Damien Williams

5. BYRON JONESDALLAS COWBOYS

One of PFF’s top-10 breakout players from 2018, Jones season at corner was so dominant it makes you wonder why he ever was stuck at safety in the first place. PFF’s first-team All-Pro corner allowed a 53.6 percent catch rate and had 10 pass breakups.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, Palangi said:

This is frustrating.  Veach had taken 2 developmental DL in the second round when corner talent was still on the board. 

Veach needs to reevaluate his draft process in the second round

Huh?  Veach second round picks.  Thornhill, Hardman and Speaks.  

29 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Huh?  Veach second round picks.  Thornhill, Hardman and Speaks.  

He was talking more about kpass and speaks. Whem twken at the tome there were CBs available per him instead of trying for development DL

I don’t care if Hardman was running his routes,  our offense with those 3 wrs and Kelce and DT in the backfield is literally unstoppable,  and you don’t better your team by taking away from it’s identity to elevate a poor defensive unit into a barely avg one.  You dance with the one who brought you.  We upgraded our D in the offseason and probably need to sign one more vet minimum at cv for depth and roll with what we got.  Besides no we can step in now at wr and learn the playbook in time to be any sort of force on o let alone build instant rapport with Mahomes.   I do imagine the Dat signing throws fuel on this twitter fire though. 

9 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

He was talking more about kpass and speaks. Whem twken at the tome there were CBs available per him instead of trying for development DL

I love what Veach has done but those were mistakes.   I imagine Sutton has a say in those decision and they both were mistakes regardless of how they turned out. Two more capable dbs on this team with experience would have gone a long way.   The one I keep thinking about is Jesse Bates.

I dont trade tyreek for anything this season, this is our year to win before mahomes gets crazy expensive, even if i know for a fact tyreek wont resign with the team.

the fact that geoff schwartz is trying to connect tyreek not touching the ball vs pats and scoring 31 points and not needing him is so mentally challenged its not worth debating

6 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

I love what Veach has done but those were mistakes.   I imagine Sutton has a say in those decision and they both were mistakes regardless of how they turned out. Two more capable dbs on this team with experience would have gone a long way.   The one I keep thinking about is Jesse Bates.

I think the point is that kpass was a Dorsey pick incorrectly blamed on veach. 

42 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

Yes that is what I was saying weather it was veach on both or not, two years in a row for that type was not smart. 

36 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:

What are some of the names of these cornerbacks that were available.

Dontae Jackson is starting in Carolina

Isaiah Oliver is starting in Atlanta

Carlton Davis is starting in Tampa

Also could have traded up a spot or 2 higher and got Josh Jackson who went the pick before speaks to green bay 

All were 2nd round picks besides Josh Jackson who went after speaks

35 minutes ago, Palangi said:

My bad I thought kpass was one too

Yeah agreed,  I imagine Sutton had a decision in both but they were such reaches.  They struck gold on Chris Jones but struck out with both of them.  Thats not to say they won't eventually pan out but by the time they do or if they do we got nothing from them on their rookie contract when 2-3rd rounders should be learning first year and starting second year if not sooner.    We have two 2nd rounders rotating in and giving us very little at best.  I'm a fan so I have high hopes that both will turn it around but Speaks came into camp looking fat and out of shape and Kpass was used so poorly his first two years we probably stunted his growth to some degree.   Its water under the bridge at this point but DB looks to be a need for the next couple of years because we don't have much developmental depth behind our starters, at least none that are showing real promise.

Archived