Tyreek trade..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

but does he not have to go through the gauntlet of other teams first or  is he now a UFA?

Yes.  I think it’s a 24 hour process so I’m assuming if somebody claims him it would happen quickly.  

They have 1 day to lay a claim on him at his current contract. Anyone less than 4 years experience has to go through waivers. Anyone more then 4 years is an unrestricted free agent. His contract should not be bad at all too as he was just drafted in 2017.

2 hours ago, xen said:

This guy raised a stink about being moved to dime linebacker this offseason in GB.  He probably fits best in that role cause he can't cover nearly well enough to play safety for Spags.  

So how does that make him any different from Sorenson? 

11 minutes ago, jetlord said:

So how does that make him any different from Sorenson? 

He asked to be traded cause he didn't want to play like that.  What makes you think he'll do it in KC?  Don't remember Soreneson refusing to do what the coach's asked.  This guy skipped OTAs over it 

Just now, xen said:

He asked to be traded cause he didn't want to play like that.  What makes you think he'll do it in KC?  Don't remember Soreneson refusing to do what the coach's asked.  This guy skipped OTAs over it 

Okay.  I was thinking about what role he could play and also his limitations. 

2 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

Yes.  I think it’s a 24 hour process so I’m assuming if somebody claims him it would happen quickly.  

They wait for the whole 24 hours for any team that wants to make a claim so I guess we'll hear about the winner tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- The Packers will part ways with 2017 second-round pick Josh Jones, three months after the safety made it known he wanted out of Green Bay.

The Packers will release Jones on Sunday, and he is likely to get claimed on waivers, a source told ESPN's Adam Schefter.

18 minutes ago, sith13 said:

They wait for the whole 24 hours for any team that wants to make a claim so I guess we'll hear about the winner tomorrow. 

We had so little depth when Andy first got here seemed like we were claiming everyone out of the 1 spot.  At 29, not so much. 

3 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

We had so little depth when Andy first got here seemed like we were claiming everyone out of the 1 spot.  At 29, not so much. 

How about Jones at SS and HB to corner? Jones is extremely fast , so you wouldnt lose speed on the back end, and HB has played slot corner at an elite level before. Kick Fuller back outside.

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

How about Jones at SS and HB to corner? Jones is extremely fast , so you wouldnt lose speed on the back end, and HB has played slot corner at an elite level before. Kick Fuller back outside.

I do think to get this defensive backfield to an acceptable level this year Veach and Spags May have to think outside the box a little.  I know they plan to use HB as a slot corner st times. I thought his PFF grade was pretty low from that spot though?

7 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I do think to get this defensive backfield to an acceptable level this year Veach and Spags May have to think outside the box a little.  I know they plan to use HB as a slot corner st times. I thought his PFF grade was pretty low from that spot though?

• Dolphins released S T.J. McDonald.

Releasing McDonald saves $5.1 million against the cap, which makes some sense for the rebuilding Dolphins, but the former third-round pick was quite productive last year and could start on some teams. Last year, McDonald racked up 86 tackles while picking off three passes. Only entering his age-28 season, McDonald will be given another opportunity elsewhere.

With HB, Thornhill, Watts, Lucas, and yes, even Sorenson, the Chiefs are probably set at safety.  They need serious help at CB and LB.  Outside of those two positions, I don't see a lot of movement.  If they could get the Texans to bite on Hyde, that would be worth exploring. 

46 minutes ago, NChiefsCorner said:
  • Dolphins released S T.J. McDonald.

Releasing McDonald saves $5.1 million against the cap, which makes some sense for the rebuilding Dolphins, but the former third-round pick was quite productive last year and could start on some teams. Last year, McDonald racked up 86 tackles while picking off three passes. Only entering his age-28 season, McDonald will be given another opportunity elsewhere.

Sign this guy!

15 minutes ago, jetlord said:

With HB, Thornhill, Watts, Lucas, and yes, even Sorenson, the Chiefs are probably set at safety.  They need serious help at CB and LB.  Outside of those two positions, I don't see a lot of movement.  If they could get the Texans to bite on Hyde, that would be worth exploring. 

I think I just heard that the Texans signed Ajai (sp?)

Archived