Tyreek trade..

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

No way. HB can play anywhere and injuries happen. This defense needs all the good players it can get. It has a lot of bodies that are not very good.

Yes way.  HB is better off roaming closer to the LoS and they just took a kid in the 2nd round to grow into the Centerfielder role 

They are fine at Safety.

6 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

Yes way.  HB is better off roaming closer to the LoS and they just took a kid in the 2nd round to grow into the Centerfielder role 

They are fine at Safety.

Agree:  HB, Thornhill, Watts, Lucas, and Sorenson > Lucas and Sorenson. 

After seeing Juan struggle badly last night are we so set at safety?  Don’t get me wrong I think Juan is gonna be a stud but if McDonald upgrades us over Watts or Lucas then yeah we should sign him.  He’s better than Sorensen imo.  Not sure if he’s still any good but Kiko Alonso might be another one to get cut.  He can’t be worse than Ragland can he?

Kiko Alonso is pretty much spent. 

I think we need to give some of these dudes some time.  People forget it is a new system and it's going to take time to learn it and for guys to gel into it.  Linebackers need to understand the coverages, DL need to understand responsibilities and the guys at safety have to get a feel for what's going on.  If Spagnuolo wants his corners to zone a lot, they will also need time to grasp the assignments too.

This is all still early.

8 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Kiko Alonso is pretty much spent. 

I think we need to give some of these dudes some time.  People forget it is a new system and it's going to take time to learn it and for guys to gel into it.  Linebackers need to understand the coverages, DL need to understand responsibilities and the guys at safety have to get a feel for what's going on.  If Spagnuolo wants his corners to zone a lot, they will also need time to grasp the assignments too.

This is all still early.

Agree completely except at corner. While those guys also need to adjust, it’s clear we could upgrade at least one of the spots  with someone more proven or with more realistic upside

16 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

They are fine at Safety.

Mathieu snaps in 2018 Free safety (440) CB slot left (199) Left OLB (123) CB slot right (112) Right OLB (39) Right ILB (31) Left ILB (27) CB wide left (19) Left DT (3) Middle LB (2) CB wide right (1) Right DT (1) He's a swiss army knife.

He also posted the 5th best run defense grade for all safeties in 2018. So I'd expect the above numbers and the addition of Thornhill to mean a lot less free safety. 

6 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Mathieu snaps in 2018 Free safety (440) CB slot left (199) Left OLB (123) CB slot right (112) Right OLB (39) Right ILB (31) Left ILB (27) CB wide left (19) Left DT (3) Middle LB (2) CB wide right (1) Right DT (1) He's a swiss army knife.

He also posted the 5th best run defense grade for all safeties in 2018. So I'd expect the above numbers and the addition of Thornhill to mean a lot less free safety. 

I think he's going to be primarily closer to the line here, but I'm sure he'll be moved quite a bit too.  Defensive Tackle sure is something, though!

5 minutes ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

I said he had played corner at an elite level before. That proves it. That was my point. I didn't say "Tyrann Mathieu played corner at an elite level last year."

He was ranked as the 86th best player in the NFL last season. His PFF grades were kind of all over the place but he clearly is one of the best all around safeties in the NFL

30 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

He was ranked as the 86th best player in the NFL last season. His PFF grades were kind of all over the place but he clearly is one of the best all around safeties in the NFL

So with 22 positions on the field, that would make him roughly top 4 at his spot. I'll take it.

Archived