Andrew Luck retiring?

wilkie

7 hours ago, FANATIC said:

Lets see. The guy quits two weeks before the season opener. If Im a season ticket holder I want a refund. He should have quit before the draft. He is a typical spoiled rich athlete. Fans should be allowed to express their disappointment. How would Chief fans feel if Mahomes retired yesterday and Chad Henne was the starter? Its worse than Berry with his day to day BS.

yeah, because it is all about the fans and not the player who puts his body thru hell every season for our amusement. Pretty sure some fans have demanded a refund, and they should get it but to boo like that is utter BS

4 hours ago, oldtimer said:

seems the Colts are letting him keep $24 M. they could of recouped...WTF? isnt that $24M towards the salary cap?

They had like 100 million in space.  It's at least a good gesture by them after the leak.

Also builds some good will in that he'll be more inclined to rejoin the Colts if he were to decide to play again.

Chris Ballard sitting on his hands in FA makes a lot more sense now.

On 8/24/2019 at 9:40 PM, Mloe68 said:

Just goes to show the 

They had our number because they had an elite QB with the exception of 1995. Marty Shottenhiemer gave that one away. 

I don't know.  We were up 38-10 in the 3rd qtr of that one playoff game. How in the world can you say we didn't give that away?

4 hours ago, dhitter said:

I don't know.  We were up 38-10 in the 3rd qtr of that one playoff game. How in the world can you say we didn't give that away?

I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying 1995  is the only time the Colts beat us in a playoff game where they didn't have an elite QB. And in fact even in 1995 they had the better QB in my opinion. This is the first time since Joe Montana we can go toe to toe with any QB in the league. And no coincidence our bad luck vs the Colts magically disappears. 

24 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I'm not saying that. I'm simply saying 1995  is the only time the Colts beat us in a playoff game where they didn't have an elite QB. And in fact even in 1995 they had the better QB in my opinion. This is the first time since Joe Montana we can go toe to toe with any QB in the league. And no coincidence our bad luck vs the Colts magically disappears. 

I agree with a lot of this. Still believe though that no team loses a 28 point 2nd half lead without helping the other team do it. Which I believe the Chiefs most certainly did.

On 8/25/2019 at 12:16 PM, FANATIC said:

Lets see. The guy quits two weeks before the season opener. If Im a season ticket holder I want a refund. He should have quit before the draft. He is a typical spoiled rich athlete. Fans should be allowed to express their disappointment. How would Chief fans feel if Mahomes retired yesterday and Chad Henne was the starter? Its worse than Berry with his day to day BS.

Speaking of quitters......

"So after 50 years as a Chief fan its time to say goodbye. I live in SoCal and i'm going to root for the CHargers. My insanity must stop. Chiefs take the fun out of NFL Football for me. At least I can join some friends and root for the local team. In La or SD does not matter. Hey maybe San Diego will end up in the NFC? Good luck Chief Fans."

-fanatic

October 4, 2015

Dearest mother —
The quill has never felt more heavy. I have made the decision to holster my sidearm permanently. I shall battle no more. The decision is difficult, but, as the hogs taught me, I must be true to myself. I am coming home to care for you and the farm.
— Andrew

— Capt. Andrew Luck (@CaptAndrewLuck) August 25, 2019

• 2 weeks later...

5 minutes ago, xen said:

lol that's a consequence of the decision not a reason it didnt happen.  

that is absolutely absurd.  i watched that whole season.  they tried to win.  even that last game, they almost pulled it out at the end.  

curtis painter was a disaster at qb.  they knew he was terrible and brought in kerry collins a week before the season or some shit and let him start.  it was a debacle.  when they finally put in dan orlovsky towards the end of the year they got competitive and won a couple games.  

6 minutes ago, xen said:

They tanked with personnel decisions not on the field.  I'm sure the players and coaches were trying to win.  It was very extremely predictable that their QB decisions would backfire.  Everyone knew it at the time, not afterwards.

they had a terrible backup qb.  who never sniffed the field.  i don't think they knew he would be that bad.  it was not tanking

12 minutes ago, omahacolt said:

they had a terrible backup qb.  who never sniffed the field.  i don't think they knew he would be that bad.  it was not tanking

Ridiculous.  There were options out there.  Carson Palmer was just sitting there for the taking.  

But Polian wasn't working the phones for a trade.  Bill Polian was personally scouting Luck at his games when the season started.  Almost like he was saving that pick.

14 minutes ago, xen said:

Ridiculous.  There were options out there.  Carson Palmer was just sitting there for the taking.  

But Polian wasn't working the phones for a trade.  Bill Polian was personally scouting Luck at his games when the season started.  Almost like he was saving that pick.

Absurd 

Archived