No Team will be able to offer up required compensation for Hill

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Halfway through I wondered if you realized what you were setting yourself up for then I realized you were in on the joke.  So, uh, don't hide your sense of humor like a bloody suit!

Stop! Cutting edge material here.....

1 hour ago, Adamixoye said:

Also, to the topic, I didn't read the link but the headline is 100% correct.  Based on Mahomes' skill set, Tyreek having been in our system, the political capital we invested in him, etc., Tyreek is worth more to us than he is to any other team, who probably see him (justifiably or not) with more risk than the Chiefs do.  I don't see how that's arguable.

Yet some still want to argue it. I agree with you.

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

Without Hill , Mahomes is still elite but not MVP. I have not seen a better receiver that combines catching contested balls, jump balls , screen passes and also used in the backfield. Amazing Catches. As a decoy Hill opens up the rest of the offense including the RB out of the back field. Yes Mahomes makes players better but Hill is the Mahomes of receivers. I doubt KC is discussing or will discuss dealing him.

Bullcrap. Second bold is just pure gold.

57 minutes ago, WichitaZRide said:

For me, the funniest thing is that Hill's trade value shouldn't be equated in draft picks.  The chiefs are in a "Superbowl or Bust" mode, and trading hill for picks in the future won't help them today.  He'd have to be traded for player(s), or players(s)/picks.  For me, it would have to be at the VERY LEAST an above average CB and a WR2 to even listen.  Without Hill, we are one Sammy Watkins injury away from being a completely different team on offense, so we would have to have a value WR in there and I think our CB concerns are obvious.

For me...that's the minimum, otherwise its just not worth it to trade him for a gamble of picks.

Saw what happend when Kelce went down in 2017 playoff game. Double Hill and single up the other scrubs

If Kelce went down and the doubled up hill and singled the others I would love the matchups for us. We are better for it. I hope they double Hill all day and leave Watkins, Hardman and Kelce single coverage throught out the season in fact.

6 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

If Kelce went down and the doubled up hill and singled the others I would love the matchups for us. We are better for it. I hope they double Hill all day and leave Watkins, Hardman and Kelce single coverage throught out the season in fact.

Agree Watkins, Hardman. Robinson & Williams are hardly scrubs. Mahomes was not the QB in 2017. Thats the big difference!

18 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I was referring to the one game- Kelce went out, Watkins was injured (Watkinsed) and they doubled Hill....no one else could get open.

2 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

I was referring to the one game- Kelce went out, Watkins was injured (Watkinsed) and they doubled Hill....no one else could get open.

That was 2017 titans playoff game. Smith was QB and we did not even have Watkins on the roster yet. Smith at QB says enough there. Once his dump down TE threat was gone all we had was Hill and then Robinson and Wilson at WR. I think if Kelce goes down again like this? Mahomes will be fine with Watkins and Hardman as receivers if they double up Hill.

35 minutes ago, kkuenn said:

That was 2017 titans playoff game. Smith was QB and we did not even have Watkins on the roster yet. Smith at QB says enough there. Once his dump down TE threat was gone all we had was Hill and then Robinson and Wilson at WR. I think if Kelce goes down again like this? Mahomes will be fine with Watkins and Hardman as receivers if they double up Hill.

My bad about Watkins but the same result.

9 minutes ago, Adamixoye said:
  • Hill is better now than in 2017
  • The QB is loads better
  • WRs 2, 3, etc. are all better

Yes, in principle is possible to shut Hill down by doubling, but the Titans game doesn't seem like a data point that is relevant to 2019 and beyond.

You are counting on Watkins being healthy. Based on his history, thats a huge if.

You are counting on Hardman adapting to the NFL and making an impact. Thats a better option than Watkins but still unproven.

1 minute ago, Handswarmer said:

You are counting on Watkins being healthy. Based on his history, thats a huge if.

You are counting on Hardman adapting to the NFL and making an impact. Thats a better option than Watkins but still unproven.

In 2017 Conley was injured and our #2 was Albert Wilson.  Even with the issues you mention I'll take Watkins (who may not have been 100% but played fine in the AFCCG), Hardman, and probably Robinson over Wilson.

Kansas City Chiefs reportedly close to extension with Tyreek Hillby Matt Conner1 h ago

After a tumultuous offseason to forget, the Kansas City Chiefs and wide receiver Tyreek Hill are ready to commit to each other for the next few years.

The Kansas City Chiefs and wide receiver Tyreek Hill are reportedly close to working out a long-term contract extension that will keep the All-Pro in K.C. for the next few years, per CBS Sports reporter Jason La Canfora.

Hill is a former fifth round pick of the Chiefs who is heading into his final season of his rookie contract.  He is scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after this season

Given the fact that defensive tackle Chris Jones is also due for free agency after this season, it makes sense for the Chiefs to get ahead of the financial curve by extending one or both players to avoid fighting the open market. In return, Hill and/or Jones receive some security for their fourth season while reaping a much bigger financial reward in the years to come.

The Chiefs are working on a contract extension with WR Tyreek Hill with the goal of completing it before season begins. Tricky deal for sure, given his off-field circumstances, but its possible it gets done this weekend

— Jason La Canfora (@JasonLaCanfora) September 5, 2019

La Canfora’s report mentions Hill’s “off-field circumstance” and it’s that scenario that made this contract seem like such a longshot only a few months ago. Hill and his former fiancee, Crystal Espinal, were surrounded by a cloud of drama for most of the offseason, driven by an investigation by authorities into allegations of child abuse and child neglect at Hill’s home. Authorities later dropped all charges, although Hill and Espinal remain cooperative with family court as they determine what is best for Hill’s three-year-old son.

After all investigations cleared Hill of any wrongdoing and it was clear the NFL was not going to punish or suspend him in any way, the conversation around the extension picked back up and it was clear the Chiefs wanted to still get something done.

Hill has made the Pro Bowl in ever one of his first three seasons and he’s firmly in the conversation for best wide receiver in the NFL. Given the strong arm and youth of Patrick Mahomes at quarterback, the Chiefs are locking up his top target for years to come—meaning one of the NFL’s top offensive connections won’t be breaking up anytime soon.

Archived