Henne & Speaks IR Bound

5 hours ago, sith13 said:

If I'm not mistaken Luck suffered another injury recently which might have been the last drop in the bucket. It's always better if players retire right after the season is over but there will always be exceptions to the case. Also in Luck's case the talk is that the Colts already knew about his retirement thoughts prior to the announcement so they may have been in a discussion for a while.

only a matter of a few weeks from what I heard..certainly not pre draft/FA

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

only a matter of a few weeks from what I heard..certainly not pre draft/FA

Yep, they just heard about it a few weeks ago and definitely didn't have the ideal time to prepare. Heard that they were sending some Luck jerseys together with the season tickets. Ideally they should learn prior to the combine at the very least. Luck was already dealing with ankle injury or something so the question is whether or not that would keep him out long. It's not uncommon for players to retire after such injuries but really screws up your plans when your star QB tells you about it about a month prior to the season. Considering the lack of activity in the trade market (at least according to the news) they might not be taking it seriously.

14 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

I see the Chiefs v Colts Sunday Night Game game is slotted as a "Subject to change" game

I am so glad i went to my first game last year. Colts against us in the playoffs, last game of Luck and versus Mahomes too.

1 hour ago, kkuenn said:

I am so glad i went to my first game last year. Colts against us in the playoffs, last game of Luck and versus Mahomes too.

I have not missed a home game since 1990 and I can say without question that game was at least top 3 all time. The heavy snow just set up a surreal winter wonderland experience that really did look like a snow globe. Mahomes running out of the tunnel pointing to his imaginary watch literally gave me chills. And the game itself exercised all Colts demons for me personally. 

On 8/26/2019 at 2:58 PM, liquidfriend said:

Matt Moore is physically cooked but the choice isn't about having a #2 guy to win you games here because if Pat goes down well they're fucked.  Doesn't matter who the #2 is.

They want a veteran mind to help him along and that's what the spot is about.  That's why guys like Litton or noodlearm didn't stand a shot at that role.

Andy said yesterday he believes in either having a veteran starter or a veteran backup on the roster at all times. "The way he's always done it."  Added neither of the other two are ready so I don't see either making roster. Can Moore possibly know the playbook well enough however to be active after only two weeks? Could we carry three for a short term? 

15 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Andy said yesterday he believes in either having a veteran starter or a veteran backup on the roster at all times. "The way he's always done it."  Added neither of the other two are ready so I don't see either making roster. Can Moore possibly know the playbook well enough however to be active after only two weeks? Could we carry three for a short term? 

Moore should have all season to learn the book. If he is asked to play in only 2 weeks prep time, that means Mahomes is down and we are screwed.

4 hours ago, Mloe68 said:

I don't think it really matters too much how much he already knows.  He's there to mostly just help Pat prepare.

Archived