Peterson trade article or another CB?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Calichief said:

If hill has the season we all think, he’ll want to be the highest paid WR

Mahomes will be the highest most likely

and Chris Jones isn’t far off Arron Donald in talent 

Why we need to get one done now. Sign Hill and you still can tag Jones at a much cheaper price the next 2 years over signing Jones and tagging Hill as the latter would cost us more. Remember we can use both tags this year too. So we should be able to keep both if we wish.

12 minutes ago, Calichief said:

Duplicate post

1 hour ago, DefensiveMan said:

No matter how you play it ; it's Super Bowl or Bust this year boys. Mahomes must stay healthy.

We'll be saying that every year that Mahomes in on the team.☺️

Seriously, I think the Chiefs were aiming at 2020 when they inserted Mahomes as the starter and were caught off guard by his instant success.  With him at the helm, the team will always be within one or two players of having an elite team.  They are young enough to get there in any near future season as long as they are healthy, they draft smart, and the cap is managed well. 

The Cardinals have been sticking to their guns on a first and more for the longest time.  They weren't getting that pre-PED suspension.  So without a major tune change in AZ (don't count on it, they're a stupid franchise), I'd consider this dead.

4 hours ago, Calichief said:

Big conversation on the radio yesterday.

chiefs won’t be able to keep jones and hill.

one or the other 

That's stupid because they can.  The cap is going to grow at such a fast pace with the next CBA and tv deals in place that it's really silly to panic over deals being handed out today.

36 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Cardinals have been sticking to their guns on a first and more for the longest time.  They weren't getting that pre-PED suspension.  So without a major tune change in AZ (don't count on it, they're a stupid franchise), I'd consider this dead.

That's stupid because they can.  The cap is going to grow at such a fast pace with the next CBA and tv deals in place that it's really silly to panic over deals being handed out today.

Talking heads. Not me. No panic.

ive learned finally that players come and go

3 hours ago, liquidfriend said:

Yeah definitely wasn't insisting that was your PoV.  Not sure when the next round of TV deals will kick in, but the money flow will certainly be ridiculous when it hits.

MNF signed thru 2021, CBS/FOX thru 2022

Digital rights will go to someone too, perhaps multiple someones.  They're testing it now with the Amazon Prime TNF deal this year.   That will be huge.  

1 hour ago, xen said:

MNF signed thru 2021, CBS/FOX thru 2022

Digital rights will go to someone too, perhaps multiple someones.  They're testing it now with the Amazon Prime TNF deal this year.   That will be huge.  

looks like I'll be missing  not only MNF but TNF as well..fuck might as well  say fuck it! and watch soccer and tennis ..oh and golf

2 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

looks like I'll be missing  not only MNF but TNF as well..fuck might as well  say fuck it! and watch soccer and tennis ..oh and golf

Go back to the glory days of listening to the games on the transistor. Closing your eyes and living vicariously through the words of the play by play announcer.

I remember listening to games on the HF radio in my MRC-107/108 while in the field. In Korea sometimes I would go down to the jeep pen, fire up the old MRC and listen to games vs waiting until the next day to read the scores.

8 hours ago, DefensiveMan said:

No matter how you play it ; it's Super Bowl or Bust this year boys. Mahomes must stay healthy.

This year, next year and 2021 too.  I think all things being equal we should be better next year.  But there’s no doubt the bar has been set.  And that’s awesome. 

11 minutes ago, oldtimer said:

Thursday night games starting week 4 will be on Fox, NFL network, Amazon Prime and Twitch.  That includes the KC game.  Only weeks 2 and 3 are exclusive to NFL network.

8 minutes ago, Chiefsfan1963 said:

Go back to the glory days of listening to the games on the transistor. Closing your eyes and living vicariously through the words of the play by play announcer.

I remember listening to games on the HF radio in my MRC-107/108 while in the field. In Korea sometimes I would go down to the jeep pen, fire up the old MRC and listen to games vs waiting until the next day to read the scores.

For the price of an OTA antenna you can watch it on Fox in HD.

11 hours ago, Calichief said:

Hill has enough baggage that there's no way he can pull off being the highest paid receiver.  If he does, our people are dumb.  It's not that I'm concerned about him, it's that I'm not tying up a 100 million dollar contract in a guy that's had multiple brushes with the same domestic BS, despite being vindicated on one occasion.  It's just too big of a gamble.  If, and it's a big if, Hardman has a promising rookie campaign, and Watkins makes it through the year healthy, I'd let Hill walk, extends Jones, and see what I can negotiate with Watkins for a 2 or 3 year deal.  I don't say this to dismiss Hill's ability, I just firmly believe that Mahomes has the ability to raise the level of the guys around him, so I don't see the need for a 100 million dollar receiver.  Such a contract for a receiver paired with Tom Brady would be considered blasphemy.  No thanks on that front. Get that contract down to 60 over 5 and I'm on board, otherwise, move on. 

18 minutes ago, moons314 said:

Hill has enough baggage that there's no way he can pull off being the highest paid receiver.  If he does, our people are dumb.  It's not that I'm concerned about him, it's that I'm not tying up a 100 million dollar contract in a guy that's had multiple brushes with the same domestic BS, despite being vindicated on one occasion.  It's just too big of a gamble.  If, and it's a big if, Hardman has a promising rookie campaign, and Watkins makes it through the year healthy, I'd let Hill walk, extends Jones, and see what I can negotiate with Watkins for a 2 or 3 year deal.  I don't say this to dismiss Hill's ability, I just firmly believe that Mahomes has the ability to raise the level of the guys around him, so I don't see the need for a 100 million dollar receiver.  Such a contract for a receiver paired with Tom Brady would be considered blasphemy.  No thanks on that front. Get that contract down to 60 over 5 and I'm on board, otherwise, move on. 

It works both ways. Hill makes Mahomes a better QB. Saved the Chiefs over & over again on 3rd and long conversions. Lose Hill and Mahomes suffers too. Rewatched every game last year. The yards after catch for KC put that 5,000 yards on display. Most long passes were Hill making contested catches. There was not really a bunch of plays where the ball was caught deep. Most were yards after the catch. Hardman may have the speed but IO have rarely seen KC receivers make the catches Hill does.

8 hours ago, moons314 said:

You may as plan to move on then if that’s all you are going offer.  OBJ got 65 in guaranteed and Micheal Thomas got 60 just in guaranteed money alone.   Hill may settle for a bit less but not that much less.    The Chiefs can protect themselves with the way the contract is written. Terez reported after Hill wasn’t suspended that KC was going to resume contract talks and if the reports are true that came out before all the crap came out they were set to make him one of highest paid WRs in the league.  I would guess when it’s all said and done he will be in the top 3 paid WRs.   Hill gives KC an advantage no other team has, the fastest WR in the league paired with the strongest arm in the league   

You can’t really go by the way the Pats do things with Brady cause it doesn’t work outside of New England.  It doesn’t work without Brady and Hoodie.   

2 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Should also be noted that any team that trades for Patrick Peterson will get him at a prorated CAP hit of about 7 million in 2019. Again showing money isn’t the issue here. It’s the compensation. 

If he got suspended for PEDs , will he be the same player without?

his value is a little diminished with a suspension.  I would offer OUR 2nd round pick that will be the later one because we have the 49ers' 2nd round pick for Ford.

They need help at WR so maybe we could package the 2nd with D.  Robinson?

18 minutes ago, dksww said:

his value is a little diminished with a suspension.  I would offer OUR 2nd round pick that will be the later one because we have the 49ers' 2nd round pick for Ford.

Well Seattle has the later one of the 2nd round picks this year too. 

56 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

If he got suspended for PEDs , will he be the same player without?

You always wonder. I guess my question is why or what was he taking. The league never devulged that but I'm sure the Chiefs would want to know. Half the time its a simple GNC type product that has something in it rather than a Lance Armstrong type deal. He's been so consistently high level that it seems unlikely you aren't getting a good corner. 

Just now, Mloe68 said:

You always wonder. I guess my question is why or what was he taking. The league never devulged that but I'm sure the Chiefs would want to know. Half the time its a simple GNC type product that has something in it rather than a Lance Armstrong type deal. He's been so consistently high level that it seems unlikely you aren't getting a good corner. 

Seems to me that guys using PEDS , once off of them, become very injury prone.

23 minutes ago, dksww said:

Pretty clear Veach likes to accumulate those day two picks to get him ammunition to make trades. But I think part of the issue here is that we don't have any extra picks now after trading for Clark do we? A player and pick would make sense in about any scenario trading for any player. Heck he did that to get Ward and Ogbah in the last year. 

Archived