Peterson trade article or another CB?

1 hour ago, FANATIC said:

They hardly took the field. The 1500 plays in practice likely give KC a better idea.

Claiborne played a lot in GB and didn't look great although better than anyone else at CB.  Hope he just needs more time to get back to full speed.  Four weeks off won't help. 

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Claiborne played a lot in GB and didn't look great although better than anyone else at CB.  Hope he just needs more time to get back to full speed.  Four weeks off won't help. 

Barely in camp. Pre season is worthless info. 4 weeks off is ok. He may not even be the starter. Why worry about something in advance of actually knowing anything? Could be a problem and maybe not. Its about wins not stats. THe D needs one extra stop or big play and KC is unstoppable.

32 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Barely in camp. Pre season is worthless info. 4 weeks off is ok. He may not even be the starter. Why worry about something in advance of actually knowing anything? Could be a problem and maybe not. Its about wins not stats. THe D needs one extra stop or big play and KC is unstoppable.

Maybe Ward plays well enough and Claiborne become nothing more than a sub, but there's also the chance that Mo is in the top three of the CBs when he becomes eligible.  In spite of the media, I think the Chiefs are better on the line, at safety, and at LB.  The weak link is at corner and if Claiborne can help, then what you said about one more stop each game may happen. 

I like Ward and I think he can develop into a starter, but right now he's too hot and cold to feel comfortable about him being a starter for a team that expects a SB.

Claiborne is a great addition as a reserve corner and would feel ok about playing a few games if my starter went down but not what I would want starting 12 weeks and the playoffs.

Fuller just isn't what we were expecting and Breeland is a 2 caliber dude.  They need a 1.

2 hours ago, jetlord said:

Maybe Ward plays well enough and Claiborne become nothing more than a sub, but there's also the chance that Mo is in the top three of the CBs when he becomes eligible.  In spite of the media, I think the Chiefs are better on the line, at safety, and at LB.  The weak link is at corner and if Claiborne can help, then what you said about one more stop each game may happen. 

I think they still need another strong athlete at linebacker.  Maybe 2.  

Breeland has looked better than I expected. Fuller looked terrible in camp from what I read but has come on recently.  Ward may be Cooper. Looks amazing at first and then you start seeing his limitations. 

I would like another strong athlete at LB. trying Rags at Sam so much makes me think maybe Sam isn’t as locked down as I thought.

1 hour ago, DieHard said:

Breeland has looked better than I expected. Fuller looked terrible in camp from what I read but has come on recently.  Ward may be Cooper. Looks amazing at first and then you start seeing his limitations. 

I would like another strong athlete at LB. trying Rags at Sam so much makes me think maybe Sam isn’t as locked down as I thought.

Wasn't Wilson brought in to play SAM?   Ragland could play MIKE on first down or short yardage, but bring in Lee to cover.  Guess Spags is still figuring out what he's got to work with. 

7 minutes ago, jetlord said:

Wasn't Wilson brought in to play SAM?   Ragland could play MIKE on first down or short yardage, but bring in Lee to cover.  Guess Spags is still figuring out what he's got to work with. 

Yes and I heard good things from camp but saw him at Will a lot in preseason but switch back and forth. You are probably right. Playing everyone everywhere to see what they have. Andy does that a lot on wi o line.

I predicted Lee starting Will, Hitch starting Mike and Wilson starting Sam opening day before camp started. Nieman and Rags have made a case though. I don’t know what we see in base.

4 minutes ago, DieHard said:

Yes and I heard good things from camp but saw him at Will a lot in preseason but switch back and forth. You are probably right. Playing everyone everywhere to see what they have. Andy does that a lot on wi o line.

I predicted Lee starting Will, Hitch starting Mike and Wilson starting Sam opening day before camp started. Nieman and Rags have made a case though. I don’t know what we see in base.

Wasn't the base alignment in preseason Hitchens, Ragland, Wilson.    Thats a good sized group but pretty slow too.     

11 minutes ago, Lamardirts said:

Wasn't the base alignment in preseason Hitchens, Ragland, Wilson.    Thats a good sized group but pretty slow too.     

Yeah sometimes. That is probably what it wil be. Agree. Strong but a little slow. Man like Lees speed.He didn’t really stand out like Nieman IMO. 

7 hours ago, kkuenn said:

I said Niemann would take over as a starter weeks back and i still think he will. They will see Ragland for what he is.

Veach pretty much tells us how they are looking at the group right now. And having Lee on the field as opposed to Rags is a huge win. We need a guy out there who can cover and with speed. Ragland isnt either on of those things. 

8 hours ago, Iluvhouse24 said:

Veach pretty much tells us how they are looking at the group right now. And having Lee on the field as opposed to Rags is a huge win. We need a guy out there who can cover and with speed. Ragland isnt either on of those things. 

Can't Ragland play up on the line as a fifth pass rusher?  That's what Attachou was good at before he got cut. 

On 9/1/2019 at 4:21 PM, jetlord said:

I wonder how the team really handles these type situations. He can't be on campus so to speak but don't you think they will assign a trainer and/or coach to get him on a regimented program so he's ready when the suspension is over?  I mean I can't see the Chiefs just saying go take care of yourself and we will see you in a month. 

10 hours ago, Lamardirts said:

How crazy if Wilson, Neiman, Lee end up as the starters. What’s not crazy is there isn’t much of a difference in play from the previous starters.

Interesting thing is the Chiefs just posted their latest depth chart today and they consider base two LBs and three corners. It actually makes sense. Wilson and Hitchens are the starters and clear workhorses of this group. Lee is listed on the second string. Neiman third string with O'Daniel.  Sorenson gets the initial nod over Thornhill (who we can hope has won the job by at least midseason). Only other thing that surprised me is that Yelder got the 2nd TE role over Bell. Again for now. 

23 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

Interesting thing is the Chiefs just posted their latest depth chart today and they consider base two LBs and three corners. It actually makes sense. Wilson and Hitchens are the starters and clear workhorses of this group. Lee is listed on the second string. Neiman third string with O'Daniel.  Sorenson gets the initial nod over Thornhill (who we can hope has won the job by at least midseason). Only other thing that surprised me is that Yelder got the 2nd TE role over Bell. Again for now. 

The depth chart shows Tremon Smith back at CB.

Archived