Peterson trade article or another CB?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

51 minutes ago, liquidfriend said:

The Patriots secondary is actually very, very good.  Incredibly good.

They'll be solid again. NE has no real weaknesses on D from a small sample. Pittsburgh's receivers were like molasses though and Big Ben, well showed his age. Playcalling was even more bland. Speed can create issues for any defense. 

Texans released CB Aaron Colvin.

This the latest big move from a team without a general manager. The Texans signed Colvin to a four-year, $34 million contract with $18 million guaranteed just last offseason and still owe Colvin $7.5 million guaranteed with $10.5 million in dead money. Ouch. This won't help the Texans secondary issues, and there aren't free agents to bandaid the situation. Colvin had a down 2018 season and just allowed eight receptions, 117 yards, and one touchdown on Monday Night Football, but he should re-surface shortly. Perhaps a new coaching staff can get him back to his 2016 and 2017 form.

RELATED: 

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:

Texans released CB Aaron Colvin.

This the latest big move from a team without a general manager. The Texans signed Colvin to a four-year, $34 million contract with $18 million guaranteed just last offseason and still owe Colvin $7.5 million guaranteed with $10.5 million in dead money. Ouch. This won't help the Texans secondary issues, and there aren't free agents to bandaid the situation. Colvin had a down 2018 season and just allowed eight receptions, 117 yards, and one touchdown on Monday Night Football, but he should re-surface shortly. Perhaps a new coaching staff can get him back to his 2016 and 2017 form.

RELATED: 

Nothing to worry about, they already replaced him.

Texans signed CB Phillip Gaines to a one-year contract.

Gaines was released by the Browns with an injury settlement a few days ago, but the Texans are desperate for cornerback talent right now. Gaines is nothing more than a flier who will try to replace Aaron Colvin.:o

Sep 10, 2019, 7:40 PM ET

6 hours ago, NChiefsCorner said:

Nothing to worry about, they already replaced him.

Texans signed CB Phillip Gaines to a one-year contract.

Gaines was released by the Browns with an injury settlement a few days ago, but the Texans are desperate for cornerback talent right now. Gaines is nothing more than a flier who will try to replace Aaron Colvin.:o

Sep 10, 2019, 7:40 PM ET

😂

I can't remember who it was, so I can't give them credit, but someone mentioned that the Colvin cut is the kind of thing that would happen when a HC makes a snap decision based off emotion when they don't have a GM to keep them in check. 

I think we bring him in, and if he's not the answer we can still go after someone at the trade deadline.  Worth kicking the tires on

3 hours ago, WichitaZRide said:

I can't remember who it was, so I can't give them credit, but someone mentioned that the Colvin cut is the kind of thing that would happen when a HC makes a snap decision based off emotion when they don't have a GM to keep them in check. 

I think we bring him in, and if he's not the answer we can still go after someone at the trade deadline.  Worth kicking the tires on

Considering we are rolling with Fenton as our 4th db, heck yeah.  He got burned by one of the fastest wr's in the league (Ted Ginn).  He's gotta be better than Fenton and not sure how he could be worse than Fuller and Ward played last week either.

22 minutes ago, azchief21 said:

Talent evaluation. Veach is pretty weak on the defensive side especially @ CB. 

He has had a lot of holes to fix and dealing with cap space left behind. That and no 1st round picks so far so i will give it time

Pats generally focus on second tier guys and are doing a very good job of finding them. It gives them a lot of flexibility and a decent depth, also hanging on to premium picks helps them play the numbers game in the draft.

We have mostly been focusing on stars which is nice to have but also leaves minimal cap to work with and creates never ending cap issues. Also we seem to have some issues getting production from mid to late round guys due to bad coaching but that will hopefully change soon. 

7 minutes ago, FANATIC said:
Terez A. PaylorVerified account @TerezPaylor
FollowFollow @TerezPaylor
More

A little #Chiefs contract info: *LT Eric Fisher's restructure, which included the conversion of his $9.54m base salary to a fully-guaranteed roster bonus that will be prorated from 2020 to 2022, dropped his 2019 cap # from $13.6m to

Waiting for a drum roll?

12 minutes ago, sith13 said:

Waiting for a drum roll?

In short, the Chiefs created about $10.6m in cap room by my calculation, as

reported. That should bring the Chiefs' current cap space to somewhere around $23m. They can use it to pay Chris Jones this year, make a move before the trade deadline or pay PM15 in Jan

• Furthermore, LB Anthony Hitchens' restructure — which included the conversion of $5.6m of his base salary to a fully-guaranteed roster bonus that will also be prorated from 2019 to 2022, created roughly $4.2m in cap room.

5 replies11 retweets39 likes

Retweet

euQ36Ck7_bigger.jpgTerez A. PaylorVerified account @TerezPaylor
FollowFollow @TerezPaylor
More

In short, the Chiefs created about $10.6m in cap room by my calculation, as @FieldYates reported. That should bring the Chiefs' current cap space to somewhere around $23m. They can use it to pay Chris Jones this year, make a move before the trade deadline or pay PM15 in Jan.

Archived