Darwin Thompson "steal of the draft"

On 9/4/2019 at 5:29 PM, liquidfriend said:

Eh.  It's easy to armchair analyze things.

If you got a chance to get better than you should take it.  That's what they did with Jamaal Lewis and he had a great run.

Yes they did.

On 9/4/2019 at 5:45 PM, reesebobby said:

Well if they really wanted to get better, they should have traded the 5th overall pick to the Seahawks for the  19th and 190th picks and took Shaun Alexander and Tom Brady. 

WTF?

On 9/4/2019 at 5:51 PM, Mloe68 said:

Point is we got an undervalued talent at RB and at the same time basically shipped our dead weight QB out to them to sign for a huge contract. 

You are either being Obtuse or you are ignoring what I am saying- I watched him for the 4 years he was here- every game, every play, day in and day out.

He wasn't under valued HERE IN BALTIMORE.

He under performed HERE IN BALTIMORE.

Part of his lack of success was his availability, a huge part was Offensive scheme and Offensive Line- that is where the blame goes.

The Saunders/Air Coryell offense was perfect for him. The Offensive Line in KC boasted two All-Pro, HOF Guards. Baltimore 's only All-Pro/HOF during that time was Ogden. Holmes made his hay between the tackles in KC.

His only full season in Baltimore as a starter he ranked 20th in yds on 233 rushes for 1008. Thats is hardly setting the world on fire.

Just admit that in KC. the scheme, the O line and the Offense helped Holmes- that is NOT to say he wasn't talented or elite. He just didn't do it here.

As reesebobby said-

On 9/4/2019 at 4:58 PM, reesebobby said:

Priest is possibly my favorite Chief all time, but Larry Johnson was putting up HOF numbers behind that line also.  Arguably better than Priest.  It's hard to know how Priest would do behind and average line. 

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, liquidfriend said:

Eh.  It's easy to armchair analyze things.

If you got a chance to get better than you should take it.  That's what they did with Jamaal Lewis and he had a great run.

Yes they did.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:45 PM, reesebobby said:

Well if they really wanted to get better, they should have traded the 5th overall pick to the Seahawks for the  19th and 190th picks and took Shaun Alexander and Tom Brady. 

WTF?

I was doing the ultimate armchair analyzation.  You could have had Brady and Alexander and Priest Holmes.

21 hours ago, Handswarmer said:

Yes they did.

WTF?

You are either being Obtuse or you are ignoring what I am saying- I watched him for the 4 years he was here- every game, every play, day in and day out.

He wasn't under valued HERE IN BALTIMORE.

He under performed HERE IN BALTIMORE.

Part of his lack of success was his availability, a huge part was Offensive scheme and Offensive Line- that is where the blame goes.

The Saunders/Air Coryell offense was perfect for him. The Offensive Line in KC boasted two All-Pro, HOF Guards. Baltimore 's only All-Pro/HOF during that time was Ogden. Holmes made his hay between the tackles in KC.

His only full season in Baltimore as a starter he ranked 20th in yds on 233 rushes for 1008. Thats is hardly setting the world on fire.

Just admit that in KC. the scheme, the O line and the Offense helped Holmes- that is NOT to say he wasn't talented or elite. He just didn't do it here.

As reesebobby said-

The Ravens were in the dark ages offensively with a coach who didn’t know what he had in Priest Holmes and didn’t know how to use him. Even the beat writer for the Ravens said as much. This made him a classic case of an undervalued player which is what this discussion was about. This isn’t difficult and it’s also not worth any more attention as this season and relevant football is finally back!

On 9/7/2019 at 10:10 AM, Mloe68 said:

The Ravens were in the dark ages offensively with a coach who didn’t know what he had in Priest Holmes and didn’t know how to use him. Even the beat writer for the Ravens said as much. This made him a classic case of an undervalued player which is what this discussion was about. This isn’t difficult and it’s also not worth any more attention as this season and relevant football is finally back!

Being dismissive is never a good trait.

Taking Mike Preston's word (Jason Whitlock of Baltimore) isn't advisable. I saw what I saw with my own two eyes.

I also remember Priest stiffing my eye doctor for 2 jerseys he was supposed to sign and send back to him. Must have needed a napkin for the nachos in the Club level seats.

1 hour ago, Handswarmer said:

.Taking Mike Preston's word (Jason Whitlock of Baltimore) isn't advisable. 

I actually think when it comes to football and racial politics that Whitlock knows his stuff whether I agree or not. Unlike most traditional media members he was a D1 starter in football. So if says he thinks the Chiefs inept at something, I’d take stock in it. 

15 minutes ago, Mloe68 said:

I actually think when it comes to football and racial politics that Whitlock knows his stuff whether I agree or not. Unlike most traditional media members he was a D1 starter in football. So if says he thinks the Chiefs inept at something, I’d take stock in it. 

Np doubt but fans like to think of him as a "hater" ....just ask Fanatic.

On 9/9/2019 at 9:56 AM, Handswarmer said:

Np doubt but fans like to think of him as a "hater" ....just ask Fanatic.

I enjoy his show,  Speak for yourself. I don't agree with everything he says, but his show is entertaining and he seems like a good dude. He has his own unique ideas, and owns up to his mistakes when he's wrong. 

Archived